Katherine, has tagged me with a meme of sorts. Maybe it's an award. I'm not really sure. I do know that I think it is pretty fucking cool!
I will admit to a cirtain amount of envy when I watched Ole Blue dole out his "tags" for this very thing. It's be quite a few days since she bestowed this on me, and she may have thought I didn't know because I haven't acknowledged it in any way. It's just such a surprise, I mean... me? Thinking?? Was Katherine referring to this post maybe? Or this one? It was Probably this one... Maybe.
I guess it doesn't matter which post I wrote that made her think I think, as long as I can successfully come up with five new bloggers to pass the award on to. And therein lies the crux of the matter... Who on earth do I tag?
I have given this a LOT of thought in the days since Kathrine posted. Here is what I have come up with:
1. Finn. Not only does Finn take awesome photographs, she writes from her heart. I tend not to comment on a lot of posts that make me think, because I feel I need to step back, and think about it first. I'm also leery of saying the wrong thing, I have a very bad reoccurring case of Foot-in-mouth disease.
2. Avitable. I kept coming back to his blog while scanning my bloglines trying to decide who to choose. I know that the topic is thinking, and I'm sure the guy who made up the meme meant high end stuff. However, where else but at Avitables', will you learn that fisting is approved by the Bible? And if that doesn't make you think, I don't know what will!
3. Cecily. I know Cecily does not read my blog. In fact a lot of the people on my bloglines don't read BPR. That's OK, they don't know I exist because I am hesitant to comment on their blogs. I think out of the few hundred posts I have read at And I wasted all that Birth Control, there might only be one or two that did not send me away thinking profound thoughts.
4. Catch. This is getting harder and harder. There are generally only two types of blogs I visit. Funny blogs and personal blogs. Catch has managed to combine both. One day she will ask us probing questions and tell us snippets of her daily life with her mom and her job. Then the next she will post a picture of rainbow poo!
5. Shelli. If you ignore the last weeks posts - because Mr. Fab has taken over and is alternately sexing up the polar bears or killing them off, Shelli writes about things that a lot of bloggers shy away from. She writes in a way that instantly connects you to how she was feeling and makes you sit back and remember similar things that have happened in your life. And sometimes that's hard to do - to go back and remember the fear and grief of a loved ones death. But She also writes about the happy moments in her life with the same intensity, again, drawing you back to memories or making you look forward to experiencing it for yourself!
Whew. It really is hard to pick and choose from the hundred-some blogs on my list, Every blog in my bloglines is there because I get a lot of enjoyment from reading it.
[this part is copied directly from Katherine's blog 'cus I'm a lazy bitch]
If I've presented you with this glorious award, the participation rules are simple: