Speechless

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Today was a full day and this post was going to be about that.

(We saw the Easter Bunny! Got Pictures! Six O'clock news taped My boys! Told y0u they were cute!!)

What happened is, My In-Laws took the three boys for the night, (Friday) and we don't pick them up until after shopping Saturday. The Husband and I went out for a night on the town, which usually includes a movie and coffee. We are SO exciting!!

At coffee I even took notes to facilitate me remembering the funniness of our conversations.
(quick example of said notes : Butt implants = chocolate; weatherman vrs. lawyer)

But then. Then we saw the movie. If you see only ONE movie this year. Just one, See this one.

300.

I was looking forward to it. I had read a lot of different reviews. Hot. Nearly Naked. Buff Men. Three Hundred Hot Buff, HOT Men.

Whats not to look forward to?

This movie.

I don't have the skills needed to convey how good this movie was. How amazing. How powerful. It's a movie filled with death, blood, gore, pain and suffering and yet, this move is the embodiment of life. WHY we are here, why we fight and Die to be here.

Its about love and family and future and past generations of humanity.

Sure there are hot men in this movie, and yes they are running around in leather speedo's with sweat and blood dripping of their taunt rippling stomachs, but by the end, cease to be men. They're just soldiers fighting for their way of life, for their freedom.

They become the symbol of why every one of us continues to take our next breath. If each of the actors were a hunchback covered with pus-oozing warts, the movie would have been just as amazing.

My fascination with the tight butts and broad shoulders ended about ten minutes in, and my heart, my whole being was pulled into this movie, fighting with them, fist clenched in agony with every stroke of the sward.

Literally on the edge of my seat.

At times I laughed; So filled with glee, so proud of them and why they fought. At times I cried; My heart breaking for them, like they were one of my own. Towards the end, I had to sit on my hands from fear I would throw my fists in the air and chant battle cries right alongside them.

This wasn't just a movie. This wasn't just special affects and bouncing boobies, as nice as the boobies were, this movie, the morals, the lessons, the spirit of this move is one we should all endeavor to embrace.

A free people, no matter the cost. Free to live and love and be.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Blogarita said...

Thanks for the review. We'll put it on our list.

6:43 AM, April 07, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

It was a great movie. Did you go with your kids?

7:00 AM, April 07, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

I've heard a lot of bloggers say good things about it. We'll still wait for it to come out on DVD, though.

10:58 AM, April 07, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Mr.Fab very nice jiggly boobies for you... weirdo

Blogarita you will enjoy it, i want to go see it again!

Avitable nope, but I cant wait untill the seven year old is old enough to see it...

Sheila We will be buying it as soon as it comes out..when you do see it, email me and tell me how you and tom liked it!

1:06 PM, April 07, 2007  
Blogger Todd said...

Hey, loving boobies does not make a man a weirdo.

And just to clarify, loving boobies makes a woman a HERO!

7:57 PM, April 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you two for going out and having a good time away from the kiddos! Thanks for the review we might go see it now. Happy Easter!

9:16 PM, April 07, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Happy Easter - and of course your kids made the news - they are too cute!

9:34 PM, April 07, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

hmmm..I usually wait for them to come out on dvd so I can just stay home and enjoy them...and if you say its a good movie...Ill buy it! I love a good movie!!! How nice of the grandparents...glad you and JJ had a fun night on the town and hope you behaved yourself! LoL

1:18 AM, April 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What an impassioned review. A great story, boobies, buttocks and rippling muscles. There's something for everyone here.

6:56 PM, April 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home