He Also Kills Small Puppies

Monday, April 09, 2007

This afternoon, at my folks place, we dined like Kings. There was a Ham AND a Turkey. (I had both) Stuperman came wandering into the kitchen, hungry and coming down from his fourth or fifth Sugar High. I got down on my knees to give him a quick cuddle. He was looking at the oven.

The Turkey was beautiful, golden brown and swimming in juices. It smelt wonderful. Stuperman Pointed at it, So I told him that it was the Easter Bunny. He giggled and said "Eater Bunneh!" Ignoring the gasps of dismay from the three other mothers in the kitchen, I took that as A Sign that I should continue.

I explained that Grandpa had heard a noise in the middle of the night and had killed the Easter Bunny by mistake and so now we would be eating him for dinner. Stuperman thought this was hilarious.

Later on, during the carving of the Easter bunny Turkey, Stuperman laughed and pointed, saying "Gampa cuttin the Eater Bunneh!". I kind of wonder what will happen the next time Stuperman sees a Turkey in the oven, but we will cross that bridge when it comes.

Since the Death of the Easter Bunny was such a hit with the baby, I brought Blue Boy over and explained what had happened.

His eyes filled with tears and his little lip trembled. Then He realised it was me he was talking to and yelled, "Dat NOT de Easter Bunny! I'm not eating Dat!!"

I tried my damnedest to convince him, I even offered him the fluffy bunny tail, arguably the best tasting bunny part there is. He was adamant and I finally had to quit trying to convince him when it looked like he was ready to punch me.

Le Sigh.

I moved on to Rainbow Man, who was playing his Nintendo DS in the living room. Again, I patiently explained what had happened with the Bunny during the night. I offered him a hug and said it would be OK. He looked up from his Game Boy, sighed and annoyingly adult sounding Sigh, and said "It's just a Turkey Mom, But I will play your game if you want."

They Grow Up So Damn Fast.

*sob*

Labels: ,

27 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

O.M.G. Am I first?

11:15 PM, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

I do believe you are!

You have fifteen gold stars and roxdar only has fourteen and three quarters.

You are in the lead!

11:16 PM, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

You'll just have to think of even better ways to scar Rainbow Man, won't you. He's forcing you to another level of the game... I'm certain you'll be able to manage.

11:18 PM, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Dammit! From the title, I was expecting a post about Mr. Fab. Now I'm disappointed.

6:16 AM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

Absolutely brilliant.

6:28 AM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

You are an evil, evil mommy. I love it!

8:49 AM, April 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so evil...I had KittyGirl convinced the Easter bunny wasn't coming because he was locked up in one of the cages at the pet store. Of course SBW is just too damn smart to beleive that.

BTW does coffee on Wednesday work for you? I would come earlier but I have to work, damn work.

9:00 AM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

holy shit, you're evil!! lmao!

9:45 AM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sheila
Blogarita I'm sorry you came to my blog thinking it was his?

Avitable Me or Rainbow Man?

Finn I'm at the top of my class of evil canadian mom.

Coffee Mom uhm rox dar is coming tuesday or wednesday. i have to see which day she can get her car... call me though


MizWeb I even have me a pentagram!~

10:21 AM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sheila tee hee i suck. sorry bout that.

im ready to ge to the next level in the game!

10:22 AM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

*sigh* You make me wish I had kids.

11:14 AM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Lynda I rent mine out for a nominal charge!

11:48 AM, April 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Least we could have done was killed that damn rabbit before he crapped all over the floor-not that I stepped in any of it or anything! Next time we'll get a little more serious with the food fight-but I don't want to show the kids that throwing mashed potatoes can be far more fun than eating them-LOL
Luv ya guys
MM

12:39 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

MM You know, my face still hurts from The Husband throwing that cheese slice. Dont worry, next time he will get his cummupence. trust me!

12:45 PM, April 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha...you're quite mean ;)

Kids stop being fun when they fail to fall for our juvenile pranks.

Course, my daughter doesn't believe a word I say now. That's kinda bad ain't it?

1:54 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Slick Yup, we are already having believability issues at our house.

Sigh

3:49 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I love it, love it, love it!

LMAO

evil, but great!

5:38 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Fantastagirl Oh good, i was going for evil

5:44 PM, April 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TUESDAY...I wanna come on Tuesday...sound good.. email me so I know what time is too early. Cuz I take Big D to work at 7, that's too early even for me!!

RoxDar

5:50 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

You rock. Your kids are hilarious.

Two years ago, around Easter time, there was a bunny hit by a car in front of my house. All my daycare kids got to see it as they were being dropped off at my house. One of my dads who has a sense of humor like yours told his daughter that it was the Easter bunny. She promptly went to her Christian preschool and told the teachers what her dad had told her. They did NOT think it was funny. I thought it was hilarious. People need to lighten up a little.

6:17 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Monkee said...

You're like my God. =)

6:56 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

RoxDar Dude. if you want creamer, bring yours from home! also, YAY!

Shelli HA! It would be worse if he was the one driving!


Monkee OMG check this out! I got it for the one wall in the bedroom. Member how me and the husband are painting it?

Coffee Mom hey if you are there, im on for wednesday if you still wanna come over!

7:33 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Monkee said...

Yes and hooray! Those are freaking awesome. If I can find a delicate way of telling The Husband that he's buying me a present, I will totally steal your idea.

7:50 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Monkee and plus, wouldnt it cost less for you , cus the 34 bux is canadian?

8:41 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

You.

6:50 AM, April 10, 2007  
Blogger Violet said...

I'm putting this one in the pile of "reasons to have children." I mean, it isn't like you can tell OTHER PEOPLE'S kids that the Easter Bunny is in the oven.

2:41 PM, April 10, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

OMG you crack me UP. And high 5 to Rainbow Man!!

10:15 PM, April 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home