Schmoozin

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

FIRST! A few things about the contest. I fit a size seven in the stores here at home, but a 5.5 in their sizes, so serious, measure your feet! Are they 9 5/16 inches long? Second. Has everyone who wanted, gotten my home address? If not, email me; bluepaintred@gmail.com !


Schmoozing as defined by Dictionary.com is the ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” When it comes to blogging, schmoozing is your ticket to making new friends, getting yourself noticed and building a reputation. Some bloggers are gifted with the ability to effectively schmooze and others not so much.

But me? Hell yea I'm a Schmoozer! Or ass kisser, whatever, same thang!



My dear blogging buddy Squirrel told me so. Why would she lie?

Here are the Schmooze rules:

1. If you receive The Power of Schmooze Award, write a post with links to 5 blogs that have schmoozed you into submission.

2. Link to this post and Mike so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ or the 'Power of Shmooze Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog


My pick of five of the best Schmoozers, who intentional or not have successfully Shmoozed me into submission!:

1. Avitable. I tried not to fall for him. I really did. But sex? With a snake? Woah. Ever since that post, I've been hooked - and have spent considerable time eying my snakes. It's OK. I think they are too small...


2. Sheila. There is something about Sheila that hits close to home with me. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel almost like she is me or I am her ..or something. It's OK. I'm not that kind of stalker Sheila!

3. Fracas. I started reading her just becuase I found out we live fifteen minutes away. I sort of might have wanted to "spy" on someone I might get to see in a grocery store or..something, you know? But I ended up reading her posts, and shes so eclectic! From one day to the next, Who knows what Fracas will toss your way!

4. Shelli. Yeah. You know it girl!

5. Webmiztris. She does drugs and smokes and drinks and has no kids and loves cats and some days... I just want to be who she is.. I
Publish Postlike to live vicariously through her blog!

The end. Now go measure your fucking feet!


Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Measure your feet! This is what I'm fucking saying!

And, uhm, schmoozin'? I'm all about it. :D

10:31 PM, July 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shat. I got that award and now since you've gotten it, I can't give it to you.

And... thanks. Thanks for making me feel like a frickin' clown for telling me to measure my feet. As I said.. the shoes will not fit me.

I'll just go try get all the damn whiteface off before I go to bed now... zits and all you know.

3:52 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

Blue, you should read what I wrote on Squirrel's post about this. Thank you, girl! I will ammend my post tonight when I get home.

8:11 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

I agree about the Avitable's snake post. Just can't quite seem to get it out of my mind. ugh! (sad part is I actually watched the whole thing)

9:32 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

Great choices! Today is the first I heard about schmoozin ( over at Shellis). Ill have to read some of your choices! Good job Blue and Sheris card is in the mail.

11:54 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

I didn't mean to schmooze in your hair like that. Sorry .

12:11 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

aww, shucks! thanks, BPR!

12:11 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

also, I keep forgetting to measure my fucking feet! I'll try to remember to do it tonight.

12:15 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sheila Yea. feet and rulers. They make a great team!

Fracas Look on the bright side, instead of doing it twice, all you have to do is link to both people who nominated you!

Shelli I read it. I think that int he blogging world, most people end up visiting the other s on their blogroll, like a giant circle

Not A Granny Yea I watched hte whole thing, and then again with the husband.

Catch you are awesome

Avitable It's OK. It made great gel.

WebMiz Your welcome

WebMiz And measure your freaking feet already!

1:16 PM, July 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Hee Hee we're SHMOOOOOZERS.

3:57 PM, July 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home