A first for me

Sunday, July 08, 2007

We went to the drive-in theater last night. It was a first for me. Oh not being to a drive- in, but the fact I both saw the movies AND retained my panties at the end of the night!

It was slated to start at ten PM, so at five, we put all three kids to bed - and me, I'm not one to turn up a nap! When we woke them at eight, they were super amused that they were being woken up at their bedtime.

We brought all our own snacks, because we are cheap like that.

The first movie was Shrek three. It was OK. I think. It wasn't quite dark enough when the movie started so we missed a lot of it.

The second movies was Transformers. It was ohmigawd good. I've always loved Optimus Prime. He features in quite a few of my fantasies, if you need to know the truth.

He was hawt! They had his voice done perfectly, and the only distraction was that he had a mouth and not a grill. I was OK with it, becuase now I can fantasize the different things he can do with that mouth.

No I do not think it is weird that a transforming Autobot gets me hot and bothered.

Two of our children are allergic to mosquitoes bites, and I don't mean they get a little red bump that itches, they get a golf ball to tennis sized lump that oozes - so we were unable to open the windows for air flow. The windows kept fogging up.

another first! I've never fogged up windows with my bra on before!

Everyone should scroll down and read the post below this one! I needs your halp!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger The Ferryman said...

I miss drive-in theaters. You are lucky you still have one.

3:41 AM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

I can only imagine the mosquitoes, especially after seeing your vehicle. !!Shudder!!

6:18 AM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger Seals said...

There is a drive-in near us, but I don't know if it opened this summer.

We love going to the drive-in, but the combination of movies isn't always very good.

We saw Signs at the drive-in. It really added to the creepiness. :)

8:21 AM, July 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never been to a drive-in theatre. Don't think it would be worth it to see a movie with millions of mosquitoes trying to grab your attention, but that's just my opinion

10:24 AM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

I love drive-ins...fun times.

12:01 PM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

I don't get the Transformers thing, but that's just me. It's not my kind of movie.

11:09 PM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

Oh, I miss the drive-ins. We don't have them here anymore.

11:10 PM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

Everyone has liked that movie. I wanna see it! I loved the cartoon as a kid.

A drive-in would be cool. I think we still have them in Indiana. I have never gone and not seen the movie, being as I was always with family.

7:51 AM, July 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our drive-ins are all gone. My boys don't even know what one is. Of course, as the teenager/girlfriend years approached, I decided maybe it's just as well...
Shrek III was not as good as the others.

8:57 AM, July 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry forgot to sign my comment.
--Peggy

8:57 AM, July 10, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I've never been to a drive-in theater... I'd love to go - less the kids of course!

6:05 PM, July 10, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

I missed the last week of your posts - your feed wasn't showing up in my feedreader for some reason. I was turned on by Optimus, too.

5:50 AM, July 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home