Fuzzy Wuzzy

Monday, June 18, 2007

UHG. My head is fuzzy with sleepies. My eyes keep crossing; I'm almost nauseous with it!

But I cant leave you with a BRB again, now can I? Lucky for me, my bud Shelli tagged me with a meme. And in an interesting twist, its a sleep meme!

(Before I hopped in the bath (where I promptly fell asleep) I had planned on talking about what a bad quitter I am and how amusing it is to eavesdrop on a dude who has never play scratch lotto before.)

I thought it would be fun to see what things other people do, while getting ready to sleep and/or while sleeping, that is a little odd. I picked the number 6 not because that was all I could come up with for myself, I think I could come up with many more, but because no one ever uses the number 6 for memes. It’s always 5 or 4 or 7, but never 6. What do people have against that number?


6 Weird things I do while getting ready to sleep or while sleeping:

1. I sleep naked becuase seams hurt me. If my sheet has a fold or twist in it under me I wake up with a bruise. Providing, of course, I was able to fall asleep while on it. I'm like that princess who slept on the pee pea.

2. I lay on my left side for almost half a minute. The second I get comfortable I turn over and face the opposite way. When I get comfortable that way, I turn again to lay on my back. After a few minutes, - less than five, - I turn back to my right and fall asleep. I'm like a dog turning in circles on the rug before falling asleep in front of the fire.

3. I cannot sleep with feet that are cold. Or hot. I often leave one foot swaddled in the blanket and one foot outside the blankets, preferably hanging off the edge of the bed. One foot in, one foot out, seems to result in the perfect temperature. I am like a lizard sunning on a rock with my tail in the water.

4. I fall asleep six nights out of seven within five minutes of my head hitting the pillow. If I am over tired, I have trouble sleeping. Even if I am wide awake, hearing the words NightNight coupled with my head on my pillow will send me off into dream land. I'm like a baby with a lullaby.

5. I sleep with a body pillow stretched across the head of the bed. On top of that is another pillow, one that has gone flat. I put my third pillow, a nice firm fluffy one, between my legs. If my knees lay on top of each other, the bone on bone action hurts me and I wake with a bruise. I need the pillow as padding. I'm like china - I need my bubble wrap.

6. When I dream, and I dream often and vividly, I wake myself up, and tell myself that the dream is over. I fall back asleep immediately and continue the dream right where it stopped when I woke up. Same dream. Every Time. All I can remember of it when I wake up is that it was horrible. I'm like Daytime TV; repetitive and crappy.

Now. There you have it. My complicate sleep habits. I could have gone on and on and on, but i really am tired, and I really do want to go to bed! The important thing is this: This is Shelli's first meme, and I happen to think this is a good one!

I am going to tag six people, BUT I would see at is as a personal favor if you did the meme without being tagged. At the very least, save the instructions in your drafts for a day you are lost for an Idea on what to post!

I tag:

Sheila (Trish... Tom ... - you do it too!)
MetalMom
Fracas
Marilyn
Fantastagirl
Amy (do you even do tags?)

Don't forget to pimp this Meme out people! Lets make this sukah come alive!

Labels: ,

29 Comments:

Blogger The Ferryman said...

Like Frampton?

4:18 AM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Didn't Frampton do that one song?

6:36 AM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

Sorry - I only do memes when I'm tagged.

And are you a hemophiliac? I can't believe that you bruise that easily - that's crazy.

6:55 AM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Mr.Fab What's a Frampton?

Blogarita Who? What song?

Avitable Damn You Avitable! I dunno, I got my finger poked at the doctors last Thursday. It had stopped bleeding by the time I finished peeing in the cup...

7:46 AM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

we have a lot in common....I sleep in the nude too and always have one foot hanging out! lol.. it does regulate the temp for me. I have to have a thin pillow....can be propped up too high or it will give me a headache. Fussy, fussy, fussy! lol

8:19 AM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Ooooh. I've been tagged. I don't know if I have six, but I'll go give it a shot.

8:37 AM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Catch When my pillow gets too high i feel like I am choking.I hate how that word looks. spell check tells me it is right though...

Marilyn I have faith in you! The sleep force is strong in you young padiwan. LMFAO. Is thats star wars or star trek anyway?

9:39 AM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

You'd think a meme about sleep would be easy... I love to sleep. But, I'm going to have to think about this one...

11:09 AM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Violet said...

I know that any time that I wake up from a really vivid dream, my feet are almost always sticking out from underneath the covers and frigid. I can't sleep with cold feet, either.

11:17 AM, June 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!My cherry and first meme!!I'm honored!

3:03 PM, June 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you really say WHAT'S A FRAMPTON??!!!? Oh sweetie I'll forgive you only because you're young!

3:04 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sheila i think you should do it while high on pain pills and benedryl

Violet In the winter I wish I could wear socks to bed.

Metal MOm so...anything else I can be first on?

Metal MOm no! stop. come back. I really want to know. what is frampton? seriously. I hate no knowing things everyone else seems to know *sulks*

3:08 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Janna said...

You can fall asleep in five minutes?
Wow. I wish it was that easy for me. I'm an insomniac.

P.S. YES, please e-mail me a picture of your ketchup bottle where it requests refrigeration! Send it to jannafer@qcnet.net

3:20 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

Peter Frampton from the 70's, I think he's back now. Sings some annoyingass song (that I loved in the 70's of course). Too lazy/busy to look it up.

Peter. Frampton.

;-)

I need to do this meme too.....soon.

3:27 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

and Fuzzy Wuzzy was a BEAR.

3:27 PM, June 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuzzy wuzzy wuzn't fuzzy wuz he?
Frampton was a most excellent guitarist who made a live album called "Frampton Comes Alive"-Claim to fame- He made his guitar talk.And he was on the Simpsons!

4:53 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

Yeah, if I did the meme for my current sleeping habits, it would be: I pass out when my head hits the pillow, and sometimes before my head hits the pillow. That would be the only answer I have...

5:17 PM, June 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I will try this one too maybe tomorrow or the next day!

7:03 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Todd said...

Frampton Comes Alive. Apparently that was popular back in the day. I don't think I've ever heard the album, but VH1 told me that everyone who was alive during that time was required to buy it.

7:54 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Janna did you get the email?

Tug ah. so a Frampton is a person! thanks!

Tug uhm OK then. Word to the wise hon, up your meds...

Metal Mom so. should i search him on youtube? and uhm ...was who fuzzy?

Sheila LMAO. drugged and disorderly. . .thats what you are!

Squirrel YES! do it! It;s great fun AND the more people who do it, the quicker it will soak into the hearts of the interwebs and begin its eventual take overing of the world!

WOoT!!1!

7:57 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Todd VH1 eh? I'm going to google this one instead of asking what the hell that is! Is there any chance of a VH1 telling me I have to buy chocolate? If so, I'm in love regardless of what it is!

7:59 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Yes, Todd, we were required to buy it and play the hell out of it. It was a good album. Although he had albums before and since "Framptom Comes Alive", I think you could safely call him a one-album-wonder.

8:01 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

hmmmm ... a meme - how'd you know that I had nothing to blog?

8:30 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Blogarita one album wonder is way better than a one hit wonder ... Can't touch this.. LMAO

Fantastagirl I'm just that good!

8:46 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger curiositykiller said...

This is why there's no point of me doing this meme -- I would never have anything spectacular to state like that. I'm too boring.

9:34 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger mixednut said...

But Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. :-(

10:16 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Trisha (Ashlyn's Adoring Mommy) said...

Well, I'm gonna give this thing a shot!! *fingers crossed*

8:01 AM, June 20, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

Thank you so much for all that pimpage and for playing along. You are like a pimp that likes to roll dice. (Or something.)

8:34 PM, June 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy frac.. I've been delinquent and not around for a bit so didn't know you tagged me. I went to check my stats and can't see a link to show your link either. What the heck is that all about? Anyway, I'll be on it like white on rice right away.

I've missed reading you!

3:27 AM, June 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home