Caturday

Saturday, June 16, 2007

We need to get two new tires on the car. It's not urgent, but we do need them before we go on vacation end of July. We had planned on getting them end of June.

On Thursday, driving home from the city after my Doctors appointment, I stopped at McDonalds to bring home dinner. Turning into the parking lot, I shut the radio off, and as the car slowed down I heard this nasty groaning-grinding noise.

It was coming from the back passenger side tire.

By Saturday, the noise was horrible. It was almost constant. Slowing down, turning, driving fast, we heard it. Now we didn't have to turn off the radio to hear the tire grinding. Now it was a bit more urgent we get the tires.

We decided that we would have to get the tire replaced immediately, and when the tire was off, the guys at the garage would be able to figure out the noise.

It was a beautiful afternoon here, and I gave Stuperman a frog shaped shower poof, a cup of liquid hand soap and a big bucket of water. I sent him outside to make bubbles.

He decided to wash the car instead.

When he was done I took the garden hose to the car to get the soap off. Black, oily dirt started to pour from the back passenger tire when I sprayed it so I called The husband out. He took off the hubcap for me so I could clean the tire better.

He also took out all the rocks Stuperman had shoved into it.

Sigh. Kids. . .

Pee Ess: I got through Day Two without smoking. It was harder than Day one for some reason..

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. Similar thing happened to us. FIL told us the grinding noise was that we needed new rotary cuffs or something, turned out to be rock in the hubcab. Funny!!
Day Three is really really tough too, but if you get through it phyiscally your body doesn't need the nicotin from cigarettes anymore. However it does need it from the patch, hence the step down patches. Keep going and do the step down you should be fine.

RoxDar (I love being on top)

2:29 AM, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Ashley Lasbury said...

Hang in there, Blue. I am going on that new drug in July after I have an appointment with the quitting counselor. It is my last best shot. I am rooting for you....one who knows how damned hard it can be. And I can't use the patch because the adhesive makes me break out in hives.

My son filled one tire well with rocks when he was 3 years old. Scared the crap out of me when I drove down the street. It hasn't happened since....

7:56 AM, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Sooo funny! Glad it is not an emergency now!

Hang in there - you can do it!

8:58 AM, June 17, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

That's my son! I am SO proud!

4:05 PM, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

I'm glad it didn't do any damage.

I'm so proud of you! Keep it up.

4:33 PM, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

good luck with the continued non-smoking. it's going to be hard, but YOU CAN DO IT!

5:32 PM, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey!

That tire story is pretty funny.

Congrats on the non-smoking thing.

:-)

6:30 PM, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

At least your kid didn't put sand in the gas tank. I did that once... I got in a little bit of trouble for it, too. I don't know why. ;)

Keep up the hard work! You can do it if you want to!

6:59 PM, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

HANG TOUGH Blue, you can do it!!

So did the grinding quit? heh - gotta love the little ones. ;-)

7:45 PM, June 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuperman Rocks!!LOL!!

One day at a time,girl!Breathe deep and hug your kids. It gives you something quick (and free) to do to pass the craving!

9:09 PM, June 17, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Wow, now there's one thing Daughter never thought to do.

7:56 AM, June 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I remember hubby saying somewhere around Day 3-5 it started to get easier. You're almost there!
That is one car problem we haven't had...

11:54 AM, June 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tire thing is funny, we had something similar happen to our car too. It started making a squeeking/grinding kind of noise when we turned the wheel. It sounded awful. Then Big Daddy took it in to the car wash and got the full undercarriage package. Well there was a big clunking type noise when washing and we thought for sure we really had no choice but to fix it, and drove out of the wash...No Noise. Must have been something stuck up in there somewhere. All well that saved me a whole lota money.

Great Job with the NOT Smoking

1:57 PM, June 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home