*smiles*

Friday, June 08, 2007

Kindergarten Orientation went ... cutely.

Blue Boy picked his own clothes out for the day, and I let him wear them. His loud Hawaiian shirt caused a few looks and a few giggles.

In the morning, by the time I put my shoes on, and they were slip on shoes, Blue Boy had left the house and gotten all the way to the corner. I wish I had video taped the way he walked.

His little arms were straight down his side, fingers splayed and he ran towards the school. When I caught up with him I told him he could not run, so he walked as fast as humanly possible.

My legs were sore by the time we got there.

He did not need his momma. No tears, no hesitation. The teacher introduced herself and he hugged her and said I can't read yet. When do we read?

Super cute.


It was a very good experience for him. I think, come September, that he will have no problems when I drop him off on his first day of school. Come to think of it, It wasn't Rainbow Man who had issues on his first day of school either, it was me...

When we got home I found out that my mother-in-law had taken the Babies' to her house to play. We went to pick them up and I found out she had walked Stuperman over in just his underwear. No shoes. Nothing. Just a pair of Franklin gitch.

I felt very uncomfortable on the walk home with him. Thank goodness no one was around.

In the afternoon, Stupe brought me a water gun, and I decided that from now on, I will drink my coffee VIA gun. It's just more fun that way.

My Sister-in-law is coming over tonight. I wonder how much beer it would take to get her drunk and make her do a little BPR drunkenblawgin...

Or better yet, get her drunk and make her DDR while I video tape.

heh.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

That is so sweet, Blue. I just want to come through the computer and hug the little Blue Boy. Coffee in a squirt gun? Awesome!

11:03 PM, June 08, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Kindergarten orientation. Wow. That just scared me. I realized my oldest is turning three this summer. I am closer to her going to school than I am to her birth! Time flies too fast.

11:04 PM, June 08, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

Why is your sister-in-law being subject to drunking blogging / video taping? Shouldn't it be YOU we get to watch make a fool out of themselves?!

11:17 PM, June 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who cares WHO is drunk blogging as long as it's video taped! LOL When Number 1 son went to kindergarten, he didn't even wave as he got on the bus. I was so proud of him! Then I went home and cried.

That just made me sad to remember. Time for another drink! Then I'll do DDR and you can video ME!! HA HA!!

11:47 PM, June 08, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Blue Boy is a little man.

When Artsy Girl was little, she was, by necessity, in daycare from almost day one. The first day of kindergarten was just like a new daycare for both of us, except that I no longer had to pay for it.

Yeah, I'm sentimental that way.

5:38 AM, June 09, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

What are you going to do when they all go off to school?

6:17 AM, June 09, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

Awww. Awww. AWWWWWWWWWWW. My uterus hurts. And no, it's not cramps. It's cuteness.

7:30 AM, June 09, 2007  
Blogger Violet said...

that is adorable. i love the way kids take life so seriously. it makes it hard to be cynical when you see things like that.

7:52 AM, June 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so proud of blueboy i knew he would have fun. and blue on the first day of kindergarden u can call me and cry about him going off to school and i promise not to laugh at you the way i did with rainbow man.

love kiss

P.S love you boys

11:32 AM, June 09, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Shelli only problem with coffee in a squirt gun is you cannot add cream because it will get in little places and go ick, its too hard to clean out.

David My youngest is turning three, lol. and thats a really freaky realization, the birth/school thing.

Sheila But. I don't drink.

Metal Mom My grand plan did not work. She didn't even start drinking. Le Sigh.

NEW PLAN!!
Gonna spike the husbands pop and get him drunk!

Blogarita on one hand that sucks. But on the other hand, you should be happy she wasn't scared and stuff

Mr.Fab well, naps are high on my list, as well as masturbating in the living room, uhm, really, just nothing, doing nothing saying nothing, yea. Nothing, thats my plan

Finn I'm sorry. I'd offer to kiss it better, but uhm...

VioletHeh. He had a great time. It was fun!

Kissy Kissy Nine Toes BULLSHIT!!1!
you will laugh when I call, again, becuase you always laugh at me, and then I will be crying becuase you laughed at me, not because BB went to school, and you wont know and that will hurt my feelings even more and then you will be drownded over the phone by a flood of my tears.

Pffft!

1:53 PM, June 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Kindergarten orientation :)

3:26 PM, June 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, that is so cute that he is so excited! My brother used to play outside in his undies all the time when we were little, and no we didn't have a fence. I wouldn't do that to my kids now though :) I'd be embarrassed like you.

5:21 PM, June 09, 2007  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Princess was about the same when we went to our last Kindergarten orientation session in May. It was so cute to see her take off without a thought to me at all.

6:02 AM, June 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! A coffee VIA gun? I want one!! came by webritz

12:02 PM, June 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home