Ok, NOW it;s summer EDIT

Thursday, May 03, 2007

What with the thunder banging and booming and windows rattling and the lightning that's bright enough to make it day, I will be turning off the computer.

Sorry excuse for a blog post I know, but take heart, my Doctors Appointment is for three PM. I will update this post tomorrow with what's what. And I guess that will have to do considering the power is flickering.

Lets hope its on long enough for me to hit "publish".

**********

Dude. Uhm Woah.

Lotta pretty comments waiting for my return.

I AM OK
- here is how it went:

The lady nurse put me in a room and said what's the problem today. I told her about the dizziness the hunger the dizziness and the tiredness and the dizziness. She waited till the moment my ass hit the chair and said oh! we better go prick your finger then.

Diabetes test. I scored a five point nine. I'm not sure what the top score I was going for, but the nurse lady said I did good. I did not get a sucker.

I had a nap while I waited for the Doctor to come in.

He listened to my neck arteries - which is not something I knew could be done. Did you know they have digital stethoscopes now? Cus he had one. He listened to my heart in the back and in the front, on top of my boobie and under it.

I had sweaty boob syndrome. Sorry Doc! You should have warned me I would have asked for a wet wipe!

He listened to my lungs and anything else you can think of. When he tried to check my ear I felt strangely compelled to apologise for the fact his left nut was being squished on my knee.

He checked my ..uhm.. something in my neck, and pushed all over my tummy.

He made me stand with my arms out and close my eyes, but he caught me when that made me tip over.

Then he made me lay down on the bed, put his hand under my back and made me sit up really fast and stared at my eyes.

apparently they did something wonky because it told him that I have an inner ear imbalance..something about my eyes being connected to my brain (headaches) and my ears (dizziness) and that I could have Valium if I want.

I said no. The whole i don;t like drugs thing, you understand..

He gave me samples of an antihistamine to see if it would help with the dizziness and told me that in 12 days when the samples are gone, if the dizziness has not gotten better, I am to call and he will phone in for an appointment with an ear nose throat dude.

I did not get a sucker. Or a sticker.

But. I'm OK. No diabetes, although he told me that he is going to ask Dr.P to run a complete blood work up and make me take that awful awful glucose test. I hate that fucking test.

I'm gonna have to study for it again.

In other news. Why didn't I update right away? Besides being an insensitive moron? The Husband took me out for dinner and a movie (Hot*Fuzz) to celebrate that I am not ill with something really really bad.

And to whet your appetite for tomorrow's post, It will be titled Dear Spider-man; Spandex is a privilege, not a right.


hugs kisses and ass gropes to you ALL!

Labels:

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey-I'm first!
Good luck tomorrow
Luv ya
MM

10:14 PM, May 03, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

Hope the doctor knows what the problem is and its an easy fix!

10:34 PM, May 03, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

My husband thought it was thundering here earlier. But it turned out just to be my stomach growling because he hadn't cooked dinner yet. LOL

Hope everything goes well at the doctor!

10:40 PM, May 03, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

I demand an update as soon as you get back.

3:33 AM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

Hope you are okay and I also hope your doctor's appointment goes well today. I will be checking as soon as I am home from work.

5:40 AM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

Good luck at the doctor!

7:54 AM, May 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will call you the minute i walk in the door from work


kiss
p.s maybe i will call you from work or you and hubby can stop by after your appointment

8:28 AM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Oh, I hope it's something little... like the doctor says that you have to spend more time on the computer and that will fix it.

I was wondering, since you have little ones, what do you tell them about thunder? One of my grandmothers used to say it was God moving furniture. You'd have a better story than that.

I'll say a little prayer for you and I hope everything comes out okay.

8:53 AM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

ok.....so what's what?

2:19 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

yeah, shouldn't you be home by now? Unless they're running a crap load of tests or something... then, well, damn it, someone should of updated us.

4:52 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

God I miss thinder.

;)

6:22 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

We're all worried now... Are you okay?

7:32 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Hope the drs appt went well.

8:07 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

uhm, did you get admitted into the hospital? Or, did you get some really good drugs and it knocked you out? ;)

9:47 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Todd said...

Thunderstorms? Where? It's be-ay-you-tiful here!

9:56 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

I figured it was probably an inner ear infection. Those SUCK!

I'm glad you're not dead.

But, next time, flipping let someone know you're still alive!

Jeepers creepers. :D

11:02 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

I am so glad you went to the Dr Blue...I hope the antihistamine helps...I want you to take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning. ( lol)...Seriously, ya know gal, we were all worried about you. Glad its fixable!!! I cant figure out why he would give you valium for being dizzy...good that you didnt take it.

11:18 PM, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Ashley Lasbury said...

Ass groping your right back!

I am so glad that you won't end up on one of those Mystery Diagnosis shows.

And Thank all that is Holy...it is not the coffee!!!!!

Love ya. Ash

5:40 AM, May 05, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Good! I hope you feel better. How was the movie?

9:55 AM, May 05, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

GOOD to hear!!!


you insensitive moron.


heh

4:11 PM, May 05, 2007  
Blogger Jerri Ann said...

I have had inner infection twice. It is really horrible. The first time I had it, I would get up and feel bad, sit down, finally drive to school, lay in car and skip class b/c I was too sick to go, drive home, get sick, get back in bed. I did that for a couple of weeks before I figured out that it was inner ear.

The last time I had it was just recently. You are going to think I am kidding but I started getting sick the last week in December....I did not get well until the 3rd week of March. It was absolutely horrible. I've never been so sick.

A dear lady I know who is 90'ish and gone through breast cancer and chemo with it said that inner infection was worse to her than the sickness that accompanied chemotherapy. In my opinion, knowing how sick the people I know that have had chemo were, that is some serious kind of sick.

You may have to have something more than an antihistamine. The idea is to dry the stuff up in your ear, but they can give you something to help with the dizziness in the meantime...problem with that...it makes you sleepy...go figure!

9:45 PM, May 05, 2007  
Blogger Todd said...

Wait a minute. Digital Stethascope? WTF is that?

11:09 PM, May 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was nothing too serious and hopefully the drugs he gave you will work.

Get Better Soon!!

11:25 AM, May 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home