Sunday!Sunday!Sunday

Sunday, August 19, 2007

My son had a sleep over last night. It was. . .Interesting.

For example;At one in the morning, they came up wanting me to read them a story. Uhm. Hello? No.

I told them to go back downstairs and read each other a story. So they did. They picked Ghostly Tales for the Campfire. A collection of scary stories to be read in the dead of night around, well, a campfire. Duh.

Last summer we took it to the lake with us and the stories were scary enough that I refused to walk the hundred feet from the tent to the washrooms by myself at night.

(I drove)

Still. No big deal right? Whats a bunch of scary stories when you have a lamp on all night long. Right?

I don't think they counted on the power going out at two (for six fucking hours) nor that the thunder would be rattling the windows hard enough I was afraid they would break. But the lightning was cool. Even they had to agree with that.

So the boys whimpered and whined until three when they finally passed out from exhaustion, flashlights still on.

Me and the husband stayed up until almost four playing cards and eating brownies.

I took pictures. Because when do I not?


And in a Breaking News - Stuperman Update, I asked him to put all the shoes in the closet. He wore each pair into the closet and then took them off. These are my newest pair.
Also. I hear wedding bells. This is CoffeeMom's Daughter. Open mouth kissing. He's advanced for three. Or he watches The Husband and I too much.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

That is freakin' adorable. You will have cute grandchildren in about 10 years. ;)

11:31 PM, August 19, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

He's a playah!

3:39 AM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

Why didn't your husband sneak around the front door and then barge in with a chainsaw going off? That would have been awesome.

5:47 AM, August 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMFAO @ Avi!!!

Oh that Stuperman is a heartbreaker!!! I could eat him up!!MMMM....

7:04 AM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

Yup, gotta love a man who has a good understanding of the importance of shoes and loves women!!

8:26 AM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

You have a problem with reading stories to your children at 1 in the morning?!!?! You're a horrible mother.

(I'm totally kidding, btw.)

1:39 PM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

sooo cute (I can say that it's not my kid getting kissed, or doing the kissing).

lmao at avitable..now THAT would have been funny!

4:36 PM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger Monkee said...

Ah...sleepovers and scary stories...them's some fond memories. =)

7:56 PM, August 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleep overs are fun, but the aftermath of the mouthy know it all little brat is not fun.

They're gonna have one kick ass wedding, LOL

KittyGirl was running around the house this afternoon singing "Mommy won a Roomba, Mommy won a Roomba" I wish I had a camera that has video and audio, just too cute.

8:44 PM, August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home