Manty Land

Friday, August 17, 2007

The other night I read post about Avitable and his Manties and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since.

Now, I'm not one hundred percent sure what Manties are, but it brings to mind what we Canadians call "Tighty-Whities". Refer to the link for a photo. And let me warn you to NEVER image search "boys briefs" in Yahoo. (Google is safe enough)

Either way. I keep picturing Avitable in Tighty Whities and lemme tell you, I'm not enjoying it.

For two reasons.

Number one. Guys do not belong in little boy undies. No. Don't argue with me. You know I'm right. It's Just plain Wrong! Embrace your larger self and move up in the world. Introduce your parts to the comfort of The Boxer.

But worst of all? I am reminded of My Husbands vasecotomy whenever I think of grown men in tighty whities.

See the thing is, to make a man happy - any man, you have to admire his tubular appendage on a daily basis and must not, in any circumstance, laugh at him in his underwear.

Ever.

But when the doctor told my husband to make sure he had some briefs on hand for after the surgery becuase the boys would appreciate the extra support, I had to giggle. I couldn't help it!

For some reason The Husband did not let me accompany him to the store to purchase said undies.

And when I walked into the bedroom with a fresh ice pack after his surgery and fell to the floor, tear running down my face, laughing at the sight of his butt encased in bright red Tighty whities...well lets just say he wasn't very pleased with me. For a long time.

In fact, I can assume that if he decides to read this post, he will once again be very unhappy with me.

So Avitable, and all of you guys out there under the mistaken impression that it's OK to wear Manties, Please for the love of God, switch to Boxers.

It makes for a happier marriage.

*Rainbow Man Finally updated his blog
*I will be putting new pics up on the photo blog tonight
*DeeJay Of Simply Sassy has started a special new blogroll for Weekend Bloggers. Please join it! Stalkers work week-ends too!


Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ever been on a manty raid?

Hmmm...could be fun!

9:50 PM, August 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all from Montana-not sure which town-but it has a Walmart open 24-7-gotta luv the US of A!!
Can't 'member my password-so I'm anonymous again!
MM+Dad

10:01 PM, August 17, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

I... just don't know... I don't want to think of any man in any other type of underwear besides boxers. For several reasons.

10:32 PM, August 17, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

Manties are what I call men's underwear generally speaking. I've explained before that they're boxer briefs. I don't wear tighty whiteys.

12:24 AM, August 18, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

I wear briefs, although I do not wear white ones.

You got a problem with that?

Huh? Girly?

5:39 AM, August 18, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

Oh God, that was funny. Although, now I have this god forsaken image of Avitable and Mr. Fab...oooh, neeed to go scrub the brain...

7:18 AM, August 18, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

ya know, there are some things better left unseen, Avitable and Mr. Fab in Manties would be one of those things...(no offense guys, okay?)

9:28 AM, August 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya I laughed too, when Hubby(mine not yours, I know how your brain works and how you would try to switch that around) got the surgery and had to wear tightie whities

10:23 AM, August 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hottest guy in manties had to be Austin Powers (Do I make you horny baby?) Hubs wears his to work only- otherwise he's commando or in boxers. (I prefer him commando!!)

10:56 AM, August 18, 2007  
Blogger annie said...

No-no-no!
I don't want him in boxers! The gaping front flap! The dangling of unsupported parts! No!
I buy him his undies, but never white, usually black, brown, dark blue, etc., because I don't want to see skid marks.

11:27 AM, August 18, 2007  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

LOL Thanks for the giggle today!!

1:55 PM, August 18, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

DeeJay Nope, cant say I have..

Mommy Dearest lemme get this straight. You and dad are on vacation in Montana and stopped at wal*mart to comment here? I feel loved all of a sudden.

Sheila I'd like to hear those reasons!

Avitable You should just go commando!

Mr Fab I'm guessing that they used to be white, and YES I do have a problem with it!

Not a Granny there isn't a scrub powerful enough for that!

Fantastagirl I'm guessing Mr. I is a boxer type guy?

Coffee Mom oh great. Now I am picturing him in them. Thanks.A.Lot.

Metal Mom he should go commando to work too. But warn him about the zippers.

Annie You are being part of the problem not the solution. Please don't encourage this habit!

Twisted Cinderella no problem!

6:52 PM, August 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My vote is for boxer briefs unless a game is in play then I like something sexy and tight

9:04 PM, August 18, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

How about boxer briefs? Are those okay?

6:43 AM, August 19, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

Oh, how come you only have 2 posts on your front page? I wanted to read the third one and it was poof gone. hmmm...are you punishing me for being late to the party?

6:44 AM, August 19, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I got this husband too late to train him. He wears tighty Whities and he wears them inside out. On purpose. It doesn't really bother me though. I guess that if it did, I wouldn't have enhusbanded him.

10:00 AM, August 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home