Sunday, The Day Of Rest

Sunday, April 22, 2007

ehn.

I feel like I have been on the run all day long. And yet. If I stop and think about it, It's actually been a really good day.

Lets start with the kids. They got up..whenever, I don't know. I was still sleeping.

They ate breakfast without dumping the entire box of cheerios on the floor. I got up round eleven and The husband made me coffee. They played - without fighting - until cookie time, which in some homes is known as lunch time, and then I sent them to the Mother-In-Laws' so We could get our taxes done in the city.

What did I do while they played? I surfed blogs and managed to not comment on a single one. I have been very bad at commenting lately. Bad bloglines! Bad! Tomorrow I plan on commenting on every single blog in my bloglines. That's uhm. 93. and there are about ten in my bookmarks. Might just comment on them too. Never know.

Moving on to tax time. We got to to the city early. If you take into account the fact that Edmond the Tax Dude was running late, we were almost an hour early. So we walked around the mall and I had a cappachino.

My first.

It was interesting to walk in the coffeebistro thingy. All I wanted was a coffee. A plain, hot, black coffee. I had to laugh, when I asked her for it, and she told me they don't serve "regular coffee". She said it in such a ... "OMG you drink regular coffeh??!! you poor poor stupid girl. Move into the 21st century, puh-leeese!" kind of way.

So I ordered the cappachino. 'Cus I knew how to pronounce it. Later the husband told me That there were flavored syrups, but I didn't feel confidant enough in my coffee bistro knowledge to tackle that subject! Maybe next April.

The cappachino itself was .. OK. Nothing special, not something I would order again. It also took a hell of a long time to make. She was doing something with a machine that spat steam every where, and it was rather amusing watching her jump out of it's way every thirty seconds.

Edmond the Tax Dude had told us to walk around for forty minutes, so after forty five minutes pouting over TVs big enough to store children in, and disapproving looks from the camera clerk as I drooled on her display cases, we headed back to the tax place. But Edmond was still busy, so The husband and I had a spirited discussion on coinsecks.*

Finally Edmond the Tax Dude ushered us into his office and proceeded to take his comb over through our papers one by one. It was rather entertaining telling him the spellings for names, reciting birth dates and what not, only to have the husband stop him and say - "wait, there's not supposed to be a backslash here, right after the H in my name". Or "You have one to many sevens in the word house". - I thought that for a six hundred and eighty year old man who had forgotten his hearing aid, he did well, But The Husband was convinced that today was Edmonds' First day with a keyboard.

Taxes took close to Three.Bloody.Hours to complete. And I had to pee five minutes after we started.

We walked out of Edmond the Tax Dudes office, giggling, with a check in our hands and bladders ready to burst.

Drinking a very very large cappachino on the way to get your taxes done is a very very bad idea. However I would like to point out I did win our race to the restrooms!


*coinsex discussion has been typed out and will be saved for a rainy day.

Labels:

23 Comments:

Blogger The Ferryman said...

Good. So...you got the money you owe me?

5:01 AM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger me said...

cappacino....coffee snobs. I can't stand em, have you ever had "good" Kona coffee (not blend)? it's pricey but sooo worth it, try to find some...yummmm.

6:29 AM, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After you pay Fab...don't forget about my cut. I've been waiting on it for far too long.

I'm gonna send Gino over to collect it today....

Glad you got your refund and had a good day!

Coinsex? Ooooo, can't wait.

6:48 AM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

Coinsex? Is that like oversexed hangars? Please elaborate forthwith.

8:05 AM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

Caramel mocha frappacino...but that's frozen. But ohso nummers.

Sex WITH a coin, or he pays you in coins?

9:03 AM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Mr.Fab Ohh and Fab takes the lead!

ps: I dont ow you money I owe you crack. thats different.

Me I will be on the look out for it!

Slick Yea Pfft. Im not scared of gino!

Finn Paitence!

Tug Wow. I don't know weather to giggle or be insulted LOL

9:15 AM, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try the Latte next time those are gooood! Awesome you got a refund!!

1:20 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

"You have one to many sevens in the word house" - this is priceless!

I'm really slacking on this first thing, aren't I? I'm sorry. :(

1:48 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

cappacinos are great...I love french vanilla....but I dont like coffee. But cappachios are kinda like coffee/hot chocolate, so I drink them.
Glad you got a check for income tax time!!! way to go Blue! BTW, can ya lend me a 50??? lol

2:24 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Squirrel so if I walked up and said I want a latte, they will know what I mean? they arent going to go an ask confusing questions about flavor and stuff?

Sheila try better. Would gold star incentives help?

Catch Sigh. After fixing the skylight, we will be lucky to have enough left over for a cuppa coffee...

3:04 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Monkee said...

"You have one to many sevens in the word house".

You made me snort my diet coke through my nose...wait a minute, that didn't come out right.

3:30 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Monkee you can get blow in diet now? woahhh.

also. imagine just having taken a sip of HOT cappachino and hearing JJ say that. Try NOT snortig THAT!

3:51 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

$$ would be more of an incentive, but if gold stars is all ya got... sigh... okay.

6:09 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

Go with the giggle...giggles are good. ;-)

6:14 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

That's why I don't drink coffee (besides that it stunts your growth), I dont' think I would know how to order it. DIET COKE... plain and simple.

Glad you got the taxes done - and got a check back - WOOT!

7:49 PM, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had a cappacino, well, a real one anyway. I love your new blog look!!! How cool!

7:54 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

And that, my friend, is all that is important. You beat the man to the bathroom.

8:29 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sheila gold star it is!

Tug..giggling is always better. Unless you giggle the first time he drops his pants infront of you. Then its bad.

Fantastagirl You are beyond my help. Carbonated beverages annoy the shit out of me. Have I ever told you that? Plus, they make you short. (sticks out tongue) SO there!

FlipFlopMomma OMGOODNESS! you are back!

Shelli Trust you to get to the heart of the matter. We are so alike. *muah*

8:46 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Todd said...

I did my taxes a couple months ago (slacker), they took forever. I always drink a full bottle of wine when I do them though. It keeps me from burning down any IRS buildings.

9:14 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

What? You only drink regular coffee? You poor girl. LOL

10:16 AM, April 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

having a cheque at hand when you walk out of a tax place is always a great and wonderful feeling..until you spend it all on coinsex

6:38 PM, April 24, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

You commented on My Blog! Way cool. I didn't know Blueboy's story. I am so very sorry.

5:23 PM, April 25, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I commented on a different post than I thought I did. :::sigh:::

5:24 PM, April 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home