You Should Know

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I think it is time to point out a few of my flaws. Shall we start with how I am accident prone?

We should?

I'm SO glad you agree!

Lets start with one of my earliest memories of pain. I was quite young. Eight? Ten? Younger? Either way, I had been on some sort of trip, be it school or other, the details are fuzzy, and you will soon learn why!

I had bought a small, green, glow in the dark dinosaur for my brother while I was out. I forgot about it until late in the evening and when I remembered I ran down stairs to get it for him. Unfortunately I tripped on a hanger, and fell ass over teakettle down the stairs. To the cement floor. Hitting my head on the telepost at the bottom.

I got hurted bad. I have pictures of my face somewhere...

I have compiled a list covering the last year (from last April) I am leaving lots of things out.
  • I once shot a staple, with an air powered thingy, straight through the middle of the bone in my middle finger. I am no longer allowed to play with power tools.

  • I have cut myself on :

  • Cooked spaghetti,
  • Raw chicken. (Boneless), a raw pork chop (yesterday)
  • Styrofoam.
  • Each of the children,
  • Pencils, pens, paper,
  • Forks, spoons, cups,(glass and plastic, unbroken)
  • Plastic milk jugs,
  • Shoes,
  • The car,
  • Snow, sand,
  • Monkey bars, three different slides
  • Taps, sprinklers,
  • Grass,
  • Plug ins.
  • An oatmeal cookie(today),
  • Bar soap, shampoo bottle
  • A gnome,
  • Two different coffee pots,
  • Toothpicks. (and not with the pointy end either)
  • My swifter,
  • A towel, (dry)
  • The sewing machine, (but not the needle.)
  • Tinfoil and saran wrap.
  • Wrapping paper and the Christmas tree,
  • A lighter,
  • The bathroom scale,
  • The mattress on my bed and Blue boy's bed
  • Fake plant leaves,
  • Window blinds.
I could go on and on and on, basically, our rule of thumb is, if it is not sharp I will cut myself. (One of the rules that defines an injury as a cut, is there must be blood showing to count as a cut.) I am a pro at cleaning shattered glass without incident and I play with knives and other sharp things all the time and never get cut. However, give me a cotton ball and I'll be bleeding withing minutes.

I suck. I really do. What is the weirdest thing you have cut yourself on?

Sigh.

***********

Going completely off topic, there are a few things I want to say...(type?)

I loaded twenty photos to the photo blog. The Boys on Rats and Rats on Cats photos are up, as well as a bunch of very lazy kitteh photos.

Sheila asked how my exercising for comments is going, and It is going quite well. I think I have lost nine or ten lbs, go back to the comments from last post and do the math 'cus I am too lazy to do it myself. We bought a new version of DDR and it rocks.

I did this : for someone, but I did not get it done fast enough due to a thread snafu. Since it will be late for her birthday, I will show her it now. The post office told me it will take 13 days.
Sorry :o(
**EDIT** holy shit. I just noticed I fucked up the above cross stitch, it should have said " If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.
fuckety fuckety fuck. And its already in the mail. Shit!
***********

Now begone and write for me lots of interesting posts so that I may forget about the laundry and the cheerio sticky floor that needs to be dealt with. I'd rather play online then clean house ANYday!

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Marilyn said...

I don't know what to post, but I'm first to post it, so that has to count for something.

You must keep the bandaid guys in the money. I hope they keep you away from pillows. You'd need stitches.

11:09 PM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

I cut myself once cutting an ice cream cake with a butter knife. That's about the most interesting I can think of immediately...

11:55 PM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Tracey said...

Hmmmm...I shall point out to Darling just how accident prone you are; perhaps she'll feel graceful! You cut yourself on a bar of soap? Well, I can honestly say it's a good thing that doesn't happen around here!

Regarding my horse eye pic...not, not trying to duplicate anything of Ree's (I've been there a few times, but not enough to know what she's photographing), just the only shot I could get of Quiet Storm! She's constantly stuffing her nose in my camera, so I figured I'd try the black background thing...Not sure it was a sucess, lol, and wishing there were a Staples Easy Button for this kind of thing =)

12:43 AM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Raw bonless chicken??? Grass??? Snow??? A dry towel???

Have you had a "skin peel" too many??

Holy HELL! And not a knife on the list.

2:22 AM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

I've cut myself on a skillet and a shrimp shell.

How do you cut yourself on cooked spaghetti?

What's a telepost?

3:23 AM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

The cross stitch is fine; it still means the same thing. Don't worry about it.

Cooked spaghetti? Really?

7:52 AM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

holy shit! cooked spaghetti? lmao! you must have VERY VERY thin skin!!

9:35 AM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

wow. I feel so........'normal'. You crack me up!!

scarlet's got my picture - HA.

I can't see your cross stitch picture...I'll have to come back & try again.

9:58 AM, March 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, and I though the boys in my house were accident prone...LOL

10:02 AM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Katherine said...

Are you kidding me?? YOU cut yourself on an oatmeal cookie and ask US what's the weirdest thing we've ever cut ourselves on? PUHlease. You win, no contest. I hope you gave that cookie what for. I would have had to have eaten at least 10 more just to show it who was boss.

11:02 AM, March 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother has a history of cutting herself on odd things. The best one was french bread.

I have a history of stepping on things and having them puncture my heel. My best one was a piece of asphalt the size of a marble that got lodged in my heel when I slid to a stop, barefoot, in the street.

11:18 AM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Marilyn I have pirates of the caribean bandaids. im cool.

pee ess: i read your comment last night. it made me laugh out loud. thats mean! i have kids sleeping at that time. try and cut down the funny please.

pee pee ess: i am most definatly kidding

Sheila oh! I cut myself on ice cream, well it was like some crispy crumbly ice on to pf the ice cream. and the vaccume. I cut myself ont he vaccume last week

Tracey yup bar soap. while i was washing my armpit. which ment my armpit stung like an SOB whenever I tired to use deoderant. as for the picture yousaid something to the kee of "trying to take one of those famous eyeball pictures" and the only other eyeball pic i have seen is rees.

Scarlet in my defense the grass was dry and prickley. and i was drying withthe towl and a thread caught around my finger, slid up to the jointy part where fingers all meet to party and cut there.
I have no explination for the chicken.

whats a skin peel?

Pee ess: I do not cut myself on knives.

Blogarita im at a loss to explain the spagettie, suffice to say i was bleeing after i was done with it. sigh. a telepost is the metle post in the basement of houses that holds up the house.

Mr.Fab HAH i have used a box cutter on a golf ball. the insides look like dried up worm intestines. also i would like it on record i did not cut myself with a box cutter.

Finn think so? I cant wait for her to drop on and say something. if she thinks its awful she can send it back and i will change the wording, thats an easy thing to do!

Webmiz i dont think i do. Maybe. maybe im just a klutz. ever think of that? huh? HUH?

Tug the cross stitch was mailed at the same time as your duck. scarlets picture crackes me up too. i have cut myself on this very keyboard. (spacebar)

Coffee Mom Ha! shoed you didnt i?

Kathrine actually the sheer amount of blood that came with that cut turned me right off the cookie. i like dipping them in coffee, not soaking them in blood. besides one cookie was not on the diet, ten cookies is really really not on the diet.

Monkee French bread is not all that surprising, the crust can be awfully hard.

once i fell off my bike, wearing jeans and that night when i got home i had a big rock under my skin in my thigh, but there was no hole in the pants for the rock to have come through. explain THAT!

12:12 PM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Violet said...

hmmmm... strangest thing i've cut myself on? i dunno. i'm a klutz, too, though, and probably couldn't remember all of them.

1:55 PM, March 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was walking through a machine shop I worked for (i was the secretary) and I had on capri pants. A piece of curled shaved steel jumped up and sliced open my calf cutting about three inches deep and four inches across almost severing my achilles tendon. I know I shouldn't have been wearing short pants in a machine shop but they were sooo cute...

4:01 PM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

violet it is actually hard to remember them all isnt it? have you ever gotten a black eye from a door handle? just bedn over really fast in the bathroom to blow dry your hair. the handle is at the exact right level. Sigh

squirrel omg got me beat. so beat i am bleeding. wow. ouch icky and owie! you need a bam-aib?

4:40 PM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

The strangest thing I have cut nyself on is a 4 megahertz crystal. What about scissors?

5:48 PM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Ya know some days I'm really really slow... today is one of those days.

Mr. Incredible said something in the truck today - and I had no clue what he was talking about - and then I come here - and I'm like - I really like that quote - how cool...and then he goes - DUH it's for you... I'm having a DAY!!! I can't wait for it to come in the mail. I can't see the picture - but I'm sure it looks awesome!

9:16 PM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sans im pretty sure i peed a little when I saw that picture!

Fantastagirl im not sure why the picture isnt showing up all of a sudden, tug said she could not see it either. All of my other pictures are working.

Le Sigh

10:15 PM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Scarlet said...

**sigh***

I only cut myself with sharp things. Scissors, knives, Mr Fabs wit, pins. . .

4:18 AM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Scarlett the part about mr fabs wit cracked me the hell up

11:37 AM, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home