Weekend Reveiw

Monday, March 12, 2007

Ok first things first, Yahoo mail just informed me that I have won 800,000 dollars from an automated Australian lotto drawing. How cool is that? All they need are the numbers on my birth certificate and on my drivers licence! As soon as I can figure out where I put my birth certificate I'm in The Money! /sarcasm

I have been really busy this weekend. I missed Sunday Six again. Shitty that.
I got a package from Monkee in the mail, a beautiful necklace. Woot!

We saw Ghost Rider on Friday night, the storyline was excellent, as well the CGI, but the actors sucked ass. My cat would have been more convincing as the leading lady.

On Saturday we went shopping at Costco and when we tried to back out of our stall, mind you the windows were open and the radio was off, we backed right into some old lady in the lane. She said she honked. She didn't. No damage on our car, but a sizable dent to her car. How it got that big I have no idea, I doubt we were going ten K/Hr. The impact of the "crash" wasn't enough to spill a full cup of java.

What? You don't bring a carafe of coffee from home when you shop? Weird..

I have just been informed that because there was no damage to our car we pay HER deductable which may be as low as fifty bucks. Fingers crossed people!

I didn't post last night because I ran out of some thread for a project I am doing. So I went out Sunday and bought the missing thread, and have been working overtime since to get it done. This project should have been done last week and in the mail. As it is I have at least another night, maybe two of it to finish it. So I'm guessing it will not get to the Birthday Girls house for the 25Th. Shitty that too.

Snake feeding was a blast this weekend. We got two wee rats, just weaned and they were the most docile sweet things ever. They acted like kittens, pushing into you when you scratched their backs. We let the kids play with them for about an hour before it was time to feed the snakes. I wanted to keep them and name them Bob and Bob, then Jittery Joe reminded me this is why it isn't a good idea to play with food.

I have fifty eight photos to load up into the photo blawg. That's gonna take a while. But Worth the wait I think. One set of pictures shows just how fierce a hunter our Tigger Cat is. She has mad instincts man. OK, I lie, she slept on peacefully while the rats crawled all over her. Sigh.

The weather man promised me plus ten today so I am getting my flip flops out and shoveling the last of the ice from my sidewalk. I'm so excited! Spring is finally here :o)

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Beautiful necklace, gorgeous photo of it too - it almost looks like an angel.

12:00 PM, March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel bad telling you that it's been in the high 60's for the last 2 weeks here. heehee. Nice necklace!! Oh, and that grow your own snake got huge!!! it's still sitting in the water, haha, they are hoping it will grow some more. Yeah, we need to get out more.

12:16 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

I like that necklace. Looks like my birthstone.

12:20 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Kelly i agree the necklace is beautiful, but I should mention that monkee took the picture, not I

FlipFlop Isn't spring wonderful? Im very pleased with the weatehr :o) yesterday i went out with the baby and he only needed a sweater on. no mess with boots mits and touques for another six months!! YAYAYAYAYAY

12:21 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Blogarita I blogged about the contest, I told you to enter. It could have been yours, but Monkee loves me more!

12:22 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

PLUS. Did I mention that Monkee made the neclace herself? Yea cus she totally did!

12:22 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

VERY pretty necklace!! snakes, mice, icky blech ooh.

We're supposed to hit 72 today (22.2 for you), and yes, my flip flops are ON. ;-)

12:32 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Jerri Ann said...

That was one busy weekend lady!

Please don't be mad at me but I'm out whoring my new site for money. You know what it is like to want to stay home with the kiddo's. Anyway, it is about reality tv and celebrities, go see please, just once..http://www.lifeinreality.com You know, I usually play at http://www.acracknlife.squarespace.com and you are welcome to visit there too.

1:15 PM, March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewww talking about snakes and rats in the same paragraph gives me the creepy crawlys!!

Lovely necklace!

1:38 PM, March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the same Yahoo mail....gonna beat you to it :p

2:54 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Tug Isn't it wonderful? Im loving it. My toes got a wee cold shoveling, but the walk is clear now.

Jerri Oye this last two weeks has been busy.

Squirrel if you want there are videos of snake feedings on youtube..nice fuzzy mice. a real squeaker too!


slick You bastard! I'll find that certificate, I swear I will!

4:34 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Mr.Fab wait? Wha? WHO? Im confuzzled again. Le sigh

5:33 PM, March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiyya! I can't believe I've been missing out on a Monkee lovefest! I'm so glad you like the necklace. It certainly took damn near long enough to get there.

What is it with all the accidents this weekend? Glad I stayed home! =)

6:11 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

58 when I left work tonight, girl!

How can you play with the cute little mice and then feed them to the snakes. You are cruel.

My birthday is July 24 and I will be 40 this year. Will you bring my present to my surprise birthday party? ;)

7:49 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Wait. Spring is there and you're shoveling ice???

It's in the 70s here. :D I even wore a short sleeved shirt without freezing to death. hehe

8:04 PM, March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I can't resist rubbing it in.
It's 9:45pm and the current temp here is 61! Our high today was 91...spring that!
Escondido, CA

10:48 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Monkee Lol. You deserve some lovin, having to deal with all them kitteh's. Send a few down here and I will take my turn at petting them for ya. I like petting pussy...cats

Shelli It's not crewl its a fact of life. Think of it this way, those wee rats had the best hour of their lives. think the pet shop guy cuddles them? No way. They were loved and hugged and only dropped once! Bob died very quickly when Spice got her scales on him, unfortunatly, the other bob didnt die so well as sugar got a bad hold her first time round. Sigh. But man, was it fun!

Kentucky Gurl oh its great isn't it? I mean I just got home, its 11 pm and it was minus two! so freaking sweet!

Mean Annonymous person wait you mean lurker person, you gonna ocme outa the woodwork just to tease me? oh well... feel free to keep commenting, I like it rough!

11:11 PM, March 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home