Are You Sick Of Pictures Yet?

Sunday, March 04, 2007

A few months back, I found a blog. At first I liked the blog because of the photos, Ree takes beautiful Photos. Then as I read more and more of her posts I became a silent Ree fan. I lurk because she has so many commenter's that whats the point, eh?

So, when I finished Blue Boys cross stitch, I got out the patterns for Stuperman And Rainbow man. ThenI decided I could not do them because Stuperman was eight months old in the pattern, and RM was 5 years old. They had changed a LOT in the past two years. (Blue boy hasn't really changed)

I took a few pics and then emailed Ree from Confessions of a Pioneer Woman and asked her if she would work her photoshop magic on the boys' pictures. Boy is she good! I highly recommend stopping in at Confessions of a Pioneer Woman, if only for this post!*

Here are the before and after pictures. Way.Too Cool.























So, Ree, If you are reading this;


It should also be noted that Rainbow Man has a video up on his blog. He asked me to tape him while he talks about his hair and earings...uhm yea. Don't look at me that way, I'm just his mom!

* On the advice of my lawyer (who is really just a monkee dressed up in a suit, and charges WAY too much) I offer this disclaimer to the above link : WARNING: this link is not for the faint of heart. much sugar and ymmy goodness waits beyond your click. Not safe for bloggers with diabetes or diets. Please, click at your own risk!

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

I wish I knew how to work that photoshop stuff...very talented indeed!

4:18 AM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Catch I wish I could too...

8:02 AM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

whoa, I didn't think it was possible to make their eyes any bluer!!!

9:43 AM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

WebMiz Arent they awesome? I cannot wait to get them done. plus when Ree made the back grounds black like that, they will totally match Blue Bloys picture :o) Im super pleased.

9:46 AM, March 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOMAN! You must post some sort of warning or disclaimer before you link to a post about cinnamon rolls, especially one full of glossy, sugary, delicious pictures...That was just cruel. (sniffle)

12:20 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Monkee Sorry about that, I added a warning as per your request.

I think charging me a dozen corn dogs for the advice is a bit too much, donlt you think?

12:50 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

OHMY HOLY HELL those EYES!! You're going to have girls knocking your doors down in a few years Blue...

1:29 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Tug oh dont worry, JJ has a shot gun

Mr. Fab you never say nice things like that to me *sob*

2:25 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Tracey said...

Hi! Thanks for link hopping over to visit me. I love link hopping almost as much as blogging!

Ree did a fantastic job on your boys. BTW...I always liked my angels asleep best, too!

I've only recently gotten brave enough to play in photoshop. I find that, if nothing else, just hitting auto contrast makes a world of difference! The thing to remember is to make a duplicate copy first. Then you don't have to worry about screwing up your original =)

5:27 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Your boys are just too cute! Love their photos...

uhm thanks for the warning, but I clicked there anyway - and just looking at the photo gained 10 pounds... looks sooo good!

7:50 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

I never get enough of your kids. They are so beautiful. Yes, I said beautiful.

8:46 PM, March 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too little too late I'm afraid and I'll be taking my payment in cinnamon buns....mmmmm cinnamon buns. =)

7:21 AM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Could their eyes BE any blue-er?

9:00 AM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I never comment on a blog that gets a lot of comments either :)

11:38 AM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Tracey No problem! I should try the auto adjust thing!

Fantastagirl are you gonna make them? Huh? Huh?

Shelli I happen to agree. and so does Stuperman, particularily when he is wearing his red pumps

Monkee You beast

Blogarita IRL their eyes are red, we use contacts to hide them

Marilyn how many comments is too many?

8:25 PM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I was just being silly. I'm so new at this and it seems like you get so many comments...

9:50 AM, March 07, 2007  
Blogger Nan said...

Oh, I love your blog. It's so pretty! And you love Ree too... that's good enough for me! :^D I'm one of her blabbery commenters that's been there since she started blogging.

And folks, she's right about these cinnamon rolls. They are to die for (or of)

:^)
Nice to "meet" you.

1:59 PM, March 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home