I kan doo eet!

Monday, March 12, 2007

So I just got back from coffee with the Keeper of My Sanity. Minus two at eleven at night. Sweet ass weather! I am so loving it. Ba da ba da bahhhh I'm lovin' it!

Anyway as fun as coffee was, and it was fun, trust me. Ya'll should have come. Some thing bigger happened. Something monumental. Something really cool.

Yea that's right. I got gas for the car all byyyyy my SELF! (insert happy dance)

Lets back up a moment. I got my licence in 1997. Ten years ago, and when I got it, I lived in a very small town. So it was quite simple to toss my keys to my buds working the counter and have them drive the car up to the Very Flammable Do Not Hit EVER gas pumps for me and fill the tank.

Then, Right out of high school I moved to the City for University. I got my Dad or Uncle or whoever fell for it, to fill the tank for me. Sometimes I even paid for my own gas! Two months later I met the Hubster and he took over Gas Duty.

I'm very good at planning this type of thing out you know.

Unfortunately tonight the car was on empty and a bright yellow Get Me Gas Now Lady light was flashing. My plan was to drive to the city and get BFF kissy to fill my tank, but JJ ruined that with his snide little comment as I left the house; "Watch your gauge, you might have to stop somewhere and fill up!"

Le Sigh.

So I pulled up to the gas station, checked the dash for the Little Arrow thing-a-ma-bob to see what side the gas tank was on, Got out and checked to make sure the car wasn't lying, and lined up for my pump. (heh, pump. Thats a fun word to say) I had to wait a while, but I didn't mind. I was kind of scared. I don't like trying new things.

Remembering JJ's last minute instructions for the Worst Case Scenario, which of course is me having to get the gas, I turned off the engine. Success! I got out of the car and told the dude to fill it up. Then he asked if I wanted "regular" What the fuck ever... I explained to him I had never gotten gas and he should use his judgement on that.

It was going so well. I parked on the right side. I turned off the car. Now all I had to do was walk in and wait to pay, right?

Nope. The wee Gas Boy asked if I wanted my oil checked. I said no of course, I had a full container of Vegetable oil at home in the fridge, I should know, I just bought it on Saturday. But I did ask him to check my Windshield Washer Fluidy Thingy. And that's the technical term for it, just so you know.

So he asked me, ME, how to open the Front Part of the Car thingy, I gestured to the front of the car and and told him that there was a Clicky Part Thingy there. I have seen JJ and his dad and my dad and even kissy do. .. something...that sounded clicky to the front numerous times. I mean come on, he works there, he should know how to do it, right?

So then he asked me if I had to pop something inside the car. What.The.Fuck?? So I just opened the car door and told him to have at it.

He looked at me like I was dumb - or two, felt around the drivers seat and the Front Part of the Car thingy lifted. But he DID have to do some sort of clicky thing to a the front of the car too, cus I heard it!! (vindication!!)

But after that it was all smooth sailing. I only entered the wrong pin once for my debit, I also hit cancel once by mistake, but on the third try I got it right, and it was done.

Oh, and the Windshield Washer Fluid Thingy was already full.

Labels:

30 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Wow-whee! Sounds like quite the adventure!!

Congrats on taking another step towards adulthood!!

12:00 AM, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't beleive you've never gotten gas yourself before. You lived in the middle of nowhere growing up, thank God for friends I guess... My dad (may God rest his soul) never wanted his girls to be dependent on anyone else, he taught us to change tires, change oil, belts and all kinds of fun stuff. I think I even know a bit more than hubby when it comes to the car. Some day I show you.

RoxDar

12:48 AM, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS Sorry I ditched on coffee, had to shave hubby's head, scruff was getting to long.. The girl is sleeping crappy these days, so I just wanted to hit the hay early... obviously from the time of the comment that didn't work either...but that's ok...wink wink..
RoxDar

12:50 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

btw - are you still exercising for comments, cuz I haven't heard anything about that for a while... :-P

2:18 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

This is certainly a monumental achievement! A bridge has been crossed in your journey of life and as a reward, I grant you one super power. What would you like?

3:35 AM, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've never gotten gas by your self? And you didn't even really have to do it...you guys have full service over there?? We have self serve, so we have to fill our own tanks!! Man, I wish I could have gone most of my life never having gotten gas! It's a huge pain in the rear, I hate it!!!

6:58 AM, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and you were totally just joking about the vegtable oil thing, right? LOL

7:01 AM, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Seriously, do we have full service gas stations??? I think you should start a "What do Americans think Canada is like" post... we can host NHL teams, be the 2nd friendly country in the world and have full service gas..I'd be interested in reading the posts. But I should go, have to hitch up the dogsled to take the kids to school....Later
RoxDar

7:27 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Bob said...

Full service gas stations went out with the caveman around here.

You are almost an adult now, congrats!

7:38 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

Get OUT. This is your first time? HA. I can change the oil in my car...too funny.

When I moved to Idaho, I found out that Oregon not only HAS full service stations, but it's the LAW that they fill it up - weird. But yeah, other than that, they're a thing of the past here in the states.

7:43 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sheila It was pretty nerve racking to tell the truth!

RoxDar I don't do...guy... things. I have a perfectly competent husband for all of that!

RoxDar you should be sorry. I won Five bucks on lotto!

Sheila pss dont tell anyone, ok? Starting weight was 150.5 Im down to 141.5 ..we just bought the latest DDR game and the whole diet and exercise thing is going VERY well.

Sans Pantaloons hmm one super power eh? Ok i wish I had super power pockets and no matter what I wanted to buy I always had the exact cash/change for it in my pockets.

FlipFlop we do have full serve. and self serve. even pay at the pump serve. we are so advanced!

FlipFlop was I joking?

RoxDar dont forget to turn the heat off in the igloo before you leave. remember what happened last time?

Nobody All I need to do now is scedual my bris and then i will be a real man!

Tug Sigh. Last night I popped my gas pump cherry. It wasnt the best experiance, but I am told it gets better.

7:50 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

You deed eet!! Or the wee gas guy did it. Either way, there's gas in the car because of you.

We have to pump it ourselves here in Florida (gasp!). ;)

8:13 AM, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey it's my igloo and I can do what I want!!! LOL!! We're even getting a flushing toliet and running water installed, ain't life grand!!!

RoxDar

8:24 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Jerri Ann said...

How freakin' hysterical. we don't have full service stations here anymore but I don't pump gas b/c it is a dirty job so I always wait til Wayne is with me to do it, lol

go read ya'll, www.lifeinreality.com

8:55 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

I know how to pump gas, and there is no friendly guy to help me. But normally I wait for my husband to pump the gas, and he is a pretty friendly guy, actually.

9:11 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Isn't -2°C is something like 28°F. Still too cold.

Full service stations are so much a thing of the past, just like carryout boys at the grocery store. We have to do all the work here.

9:12 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Finn pump yourself as in put the thingy int he hole and make gas come out? Im not sure how they get the gas to come out. something about a trigger my friend kissy told me. I dont want to try that!

RoxDar omg. color me green with envy!

jerri ann when you comment your site is already linked thru your name you know. thats why its blue!

Lynda normally i get my husband to do it too, but this timehe didnt want too and i really wanted to go out to coffee, so i had to get my big girl panties on and do eet all by myself!

Blogarita i dunno whay -2 is in your weather but here it is nice. puddles freeze over and what not but life is still goooooood!

9:38 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

our little girl is growing up so quickly.... :) lol! I can't believe you never got gas before!

10:26 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

WebMiz ohh and the birthday girl herself coems to my blawg !! Should we sing? I think We should sing : Happy birthday tooo you! happy birthday tooooouoooo youuuuououuuuu... and so on and so forth.

...I suppose you are the reginal gas jocky for bum fuck no where huh?

10:29 AM, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can still get your groceries carried out to you. Actually at one grocery store that Blue always goes too does it automatically they pack it, load it and put it in your car. The store is brand new (well 2-3 years old) and it's awesome. Customer service in Canada Rocks Monkey Balls. To steal a quote from my favorite blogger.
RoxDar

10:59 AM, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always try and fix it where my husband is in the car when it needs gas. I hate doing it!!!!

1:33 PM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Squirrel yup I've done that one... Oh honey, would you run down and get some milk?...and I think the car needs gas LMAO

1:36 PM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Wow! You should try buying lumber for an affirmative, empowering experience. I did that once.

Anyway, I know it was a big step, so way to go!

3:22 PM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

marilyn lumber? also known as wood? No thanks!! but once, i bought screws. - - wait no. - - I went with JJ to the store and watched him but them.

3:34 PM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

You guys still have people up there who pump the gas for you?!!! We pump our own gas here, thank you very much. LOL

7:45 PM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

Oh yeah. AND I tell the guys at the lumber store what I want, load it up myself, bring it home and MAKE THINGS. AND buy my own screws. heh heh. I need a man.......................

9:07 PM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

OMG - LOL...

One small step for man, one huge step for Blue - Congrats girly!

9:39 PM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Mr.Fab Are you calling me OLD?

Shelli but.. what about jason? doesnt he pump gas?

Tug make things huh> like what? I made supper tonight. I tired to re upholster the couch last year but i used the air gun staple thingy and shot a half inch staple thru the bone in my midle finger. Im not allowed to use power tools any more.

Fantasta Girl one small step for man? im a girl. wanna see my boobs?

9:47 PM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

are you offering pictures of your boobs again?! Geez, girl. Seems like every other month you're dishing out the photos... ;)

9:59 PM, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time you should try the self serve

10:08 AM, March 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home