Pick a Title!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Today The Sun Came Out to Play;
I brought the rain.


Oh Shit!



Wait! I can explain!


It was beautiful today. I spent the early afternoon chipping away at the ice and snow on my deck and sidewalk. The children ran up and down splashing in puddles. We even had our snacks outside! It totally made up for the donuts this morning.

I don't like to compare my children to each other, but I often do it anyway. Today will be no different.

At two and a half, Rainbow Man had mastered a bicycle with training wheels and by the end of that summer he was riding a two wheeler. Blue boy will be five in a month and he can't bear the thought of losing his beloved trainers.

It was high time he learn to ride without them. And darn it, I was just the person to do something about it! ...heh..

So I found some turny-clicky thingies in a box and took off the screw? nut? bolt? for the training wheels AND remembered to tighten the wheels back up. Sweet! This man crap ain't so tough!

So I threw him on the bike and promised not to let go. I lied. He bled. Oh well. It's not like we don't have band aids.

I decided the problem wasn't that I let go, but that his seat was too low. I had to lift it... that wasn't too hard. Then I thought, I should raise the handle bars too!

It was really really really hard to get the handles off. REALLY hard. Wouldn't you know it, they aren't supposed to come off! There is some sort of lock-thingy gear-type do-dad in there to ensure that the handles don't fly off by accident.. and ..uh.. I might have, by accident, broken it.

Fine I did break it. But it's Not My Fault.

  • Its my Father-in-Laws' fault for not being home when I called to ask him how the clicky thing works. A responsible man would have been home, waiting for my call, ready to tell me to step away from the tools, that he would be right over to help.

  • It's my own Fathers' fault for having his cell phone turned off. What if it was a real emergency Dad??? What if my leg was broken and I couldn't get to my coffee cup? What then dad? Huh? HUH?

  • And my husband! Who does he think he is? Gone every freaking day to this "job" thing. He knows that the tools live in the garage. He knows what happens when I touch tools. It's his fault for leaving the clicky-things out in the first place!

  • It's not my fault that RoxDar didn't answer her phone when I called her to ask if handle bars can be raised! See I did my part, I took the time to wonder if I should do it. If she had just answered her phone, none of this would have happened. For Shame RoxDar. For Shame!

I think that you four have a lot of explaining to do to that poor, heart broken little boy. And next time, Please people, Think of the children!


Pee Ess: An alternate title to this post might be Denial.

Labels:

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE...TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT!!! I was at Parent/Teacher Interviews. I was being a GOOD parent, not destructive and scarring to my children's future. But on a side note, I probably would have told you that they could come up, since they did on the girl's bike. I raised the bars and the seat this summer, no fatalities. You should have googled the brand of bike he has and seen if they could go up. What the hell is the internet good for anyway.

RoxDar

11:18 PM, March 22, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

You allowed your child to actually fall? I certainly hope you laid out the rose petals and marshmallows so he had a soft, safe place to crash. ;)

You tried Mom. You tried.

7:56 AM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

So I found some turny-clicky thingies in a box and took off the screw? nut? bolt?

ROFLMAO. Seriously. So now you just have to teach him to ride with no hands...he can pretend it's a unicycle 'cause they're pretty cool!

8:21 AM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Dear Bluebreakredpaintbike, If the bearings are intact I'm sure it can be fixed.

Or maybe not.

9:55 AM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

RoxDar Sure. make excuses!

Fab .. no but we have polar bears on skidoos

finn he was going to fall at some point, i just got it out of the way first thing

Tug I told him that too!

Sans its all little metel thingys and broke peices and tear drops now

10:10 AM, March 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're support network let you down. You are victim same as your son. It's sad but all too common these days.

11:20 AM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Bice wow and just like that you jumped to the top of my favorite blogger list. I was the victim!

12:25 PM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

"I lied. He bled. Oh well. It's not like we don't have band aids."

rock on, meanie mommy!!

12:52 PM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

WebMiz Well it wasnt a lot of blood. . .

2:02 PM, March 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those crocadile tears are aweful...my poor boy, can't you hot glue the handle bars back on till some "man" comes to the rescue?

just a thought....you own him big when he can't go outside and ride his bike now.

2:27 PM, March 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up on the learning to ride without the wheels. My sister did, now I am trying to teach a 9-year-old how to ride. It is so much easier when they are small.

Science Projects for Kids

3:00 PM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

Didn't your parents ever teach you to not break other kids toys? Rude. ;)

3:13 PM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Annon hi who are ya?

Annon2 Im not allowed to talk to strangers.

Sheila Yhey tried but i was a bad bad little girl

5:29 PM, March 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annon1 - that's the point of ANONYMOUS

5:48 PM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:55 PM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Annon 1 Thank god you told me. I always thought it meant overly large nose hair. now that that is out of the way, welcome, have a seat, the coffee is fresh, but the M&M's are stale.

Dont worry we are getting a shipment of mint chocolate chip ice cream in tommorrow !

6:12 PM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

I think you were trying to harm your child by making the handle bars come off at the most inconvenient time. Okay, not really. Eh, you win some you lose some.

8:39 PM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Shelli hmmm. premeditated bike accidents. I will keep that in mind next time Rainbow man pisses me off.....Jk

8:46 PM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger Andi said...

This made me laugh. :-)

12:09 AM, March 24, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

The Bluest Butterfly It made him cry. Sigh.

1:42 AM, March 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home