Spousal Abuse

Sunday, February 25, 2007

I was looking forward to doing Sunday Six with the boys this week, Kelly has awesome Questions up all bout the Oscars. But something more important has come up.

Spousal Abuse.

Sure I feel a certain amount of shame in admitting that this ... problem exists, and particularly that it exists in my own home. But maybe by talking about it, we can solve this ... issue.

I don't feel comfortable reporting it to my family doctor, what if they decide to dig deeper to see if the children are fine, how embarrassing would that be!! They are fine, so don't worry! And even though Health Care is covered here in Canada, Mental Health Care is not, and I could never afford the fees a counselor would charge. So I'm going to lay on this couch and tell you my woes and you all can be my Shrink, OK?

But don't send me a bill, I won't pay it.

Lets see. Lets start with the fact that just last night there was a punch to the face, a knee to the small of the back and an elbow rammed between the shoulder blades of that same, very sore, back. Thankfully nothing was broken and there are no bruises to cover up, although, being winter time, no one looks twice when you wear bulky long sleeved sweaters and turtlenecks.

So How do we get past this problem? Even when all of this is happening, I still love him. He is a good provider, he is great with the kids, and hey, lets face it, he is amazing in bed.

I just don't like the hitting. And frankly I don't think he likes it anymore then I do, It just seems to happen.

A lot.

This morning during the customary apology that follows nights like the last, I couldn't help but think in the back of my mind, that he deserved it.

Maybe this will teach him to take my side of the bed instead of trying to reclaim his side after I have fallen asleep on it.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Blogarita said...

Don't you think a king size bed would be cheaper than a therapist?

Or how about twin beds?

Or separate bedrooms?

Or separate houses?

3:25 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

this is a joke right? please tell me its a joke.

3:50 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

LE SIGH PEOPLE LE SIGH

the other night i fell asleep before JJ, and i ended up on his side of the bed. When he tried getting into his side and moving me over, in my sleep i hit him. cus I was sleeping. on his side. didnt realise i was hitting anything much less him. because i was asleep.
I even had JJ read this for me to make sure people would understand this. i think blogarita did...

but no i do not beat my husband even when he deserves it

7:01 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

You did have me scared for minute.

Let's face it, men are territorial. You must fall asleep on your side in the future because he will never just accept that you're on HIS side. They're babies, too.

But you already knew that, didn't you?

9:20 AM, February 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Blogarita, seperate beds/rooms would work...but then how do you have sex??? (that's only like the most impotant thing to having a hubby)

9:22 AM, February 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See Big D knows better. I have swung in my sleep too, so now he just crawls into the 3 inches of bed I have left for him on his side. HAHAHAHAHA. It's even worse when the girl has crawled into bed to cuz she takes more room then both of us. She ends up sideways or spread eagle or some other contorted shape, I wonder sometimes how she sleeps at all.
RoxDar

9:36 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Mr.Fab that sucks, this post wasnt ment to frighten, merely to scared and then make you laugh with giddy relief. My bad.

Blogarita Id E a king size, but our room is too small for one, plus king sized sheets are horribly expensive!

Catch Yes.I choose A)joke. Final answer. Sorry

Finn See you got it exactly, scared at first then please it was not true. Sigh. Lost in translation i guess.


Coffee mom I have always wondered that as well. Sex with seperate rooms. how does that work. Or sex while co-sleeping with a child. how do you give that kid a sibling?

RoxDar Oye. We slept with Stuperman on Firday night. It was the worst sleep EVER!

9:43 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

Thank goodness!I thought you were way too spunky to get the shit beat out of you and I think JJ is way to gentle to be a wife beater...but in this day and age....ya just never know. Glad it was a joke!!! I can call off the rescue dogs!

9:47 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Catch .. although, in the summer, im not sure there really are that many mosquitos landing on me that he has to swat away... no no im joking. i didnt think anyone would be worried after eading the last line,. Im a bad blogger.Wanna... ahem..hit me?

10:56 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

i was hoping this was where you were going with this...lmao! LOVED this post!

11:40 AM, February 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, you had me at first, but I don't think it was unclear at the end that you meant you were the hitter. It's perfectly normal I think. Sometimes you need to smack 'em around a little to keep them in line.

11:47 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

WebMiz Glad you liked it. i was getting worried!

Monkee to be perfectly honest, I do hit him. like when he is saying soemthing funny and or stupid, (they usually go together), i will whack his shoulder. and once when RM was about three months old and was crying and crying and crying and all i wanted was for someone else to hold the baby for just a minute so i could sleep he came in the babies room and took the baby from me and i got mad for some reason, really mad, and i slapped him. for doing exactly what i wanted him to do. So yea, not my most shining moment.

12:26 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

You crack me up...I'm thinking I was the only one ('cept for Blogarita) laughing... sorry...
Knock a wall out - make the room bigger and then get that bigger bed.

7:26 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Bob said...

that was just fucked up...

7:39 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

Get your sex, then send him in to sleep with one of the boys. He'll LOVE coming back to your beatings!!

8:11 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

You scared me, you brat! I do the same to my husband when he snores. Damn it, I have every right, he keeps me awake.

9:38 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

fantastagirl meh, our next house, one of my biggest "wants" for it is a HUGE masterbedroom, big enough for a king, and the ensuite will have a whirlpool tub. heaven

Nobody what if i promis not to sleep with you and thus hit you? is that better?

Tug I would NEVER be so evil as to send omeone, even my worst enemy, to sleep with one of my boys. i swear theya re more active asleep then awake!

Shelli see the difference here was I was asleep while i did it. I cant help it. I love sleep

10:13 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Sleep wherever you want, but doze off with a bullwhip in hand.... Then he'll stay out of your way. :) Unless he likes that kind of thing.

12:50 PM, March 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home