50-50

Thursday, January 18, 2007

This post is called 50-50 becaue the first half is really serious and the second half is to make you smile. You're going to need the smile factor.

Meet Rachel Emma. Isn't she beautiful? She is only twenty years old. Thats Tilly, her new puppy she is holding. I found Rachels' blog a few months ago after following a comment she left on Bluepaintred. Im very glad I did find it. I'm in total awe of her.

Her courage, her strength, her obvious love for life. Five years ago, Racheal was diagnosed with a rare form of stomach cancer. For Five Years she has been fighting this monster non-stop! Five.Years. But now she is facing one of the biggest hurtles of all. A few months ago, she got a letter from her doctor;
It said that the Doctor in London wants me to have surgery to remove the whole of my stomach in the very near future as the risk of internal bleeding is growing, which if i bled too much, could be fatal.

Now Rachel has to decide if she wants to go through with this radical surgery, or keep life as is. Whatever Her decision may be, and it's an intensly personal one, I just want her to be supported. In the event she does have the surgery she is going to need "get well" and "you can do it girl" comments. And in the event that she chooses not to, well, she will need our support then too.

I'm not trying to force you to visit her blog regularaly because I think you will visit one time and be hooked like I was. She hasn't signed her blog with any of the blogexplosion type thingys so she doesn't get enough traffic(thats my opinion). There is nothing I can do for her but send my respect and support of her through comments and this. I hope that with this post she will have just a few more loyal readers who think of her and hope for the best.

At the best of times, when my life is peachy-keen and nothing in the world can go wrong, your comments fill my day with joy, I want that for rachel. She deserves it, She is a fighter. Fight Hard, Rachel Emma, Be happy.

*********************************************
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*********************************************


ahh.... the life of the popcorn - Blue Boy
**************************************
blue boy is crying in front of his chalk board
whats wrong sweetie?

I drawed my doorbell perfect but it wont make noise when I push it!

**************************************
*gasp* OH! I got hurt! I need a banaid! (I get one) NO a pirate banaid...an a tiss! - Stuperman
**************************************
I need a sammich mommy - Blue Boy

It's eight in the morning! You can't have a sandwich!

But I Neeeeeeeed one! - BB

Why do you need a sandiwch? What about waffles?

You don't need a licence to drive a sandwich! - BB
************************************

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:26 PM, January 18, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

Oh yes you do need a license to drive a sammich..lmao.....Im crackin up here!

1:21 AM, January 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for writing such lovely things about me. You have become a great support through your comments on my blog so Thank you.

Thank you again,
Rachel Emma x

5:51 AM, January 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids crack me up!! Going to visit Rachel now...

8:33 AM, January 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sparky says "sermwerch"...and no she doesn't have a license for it.

12:26 PM, January 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice post! I'm going to go say hi to rachel now. Your kids crack me up!

12:38 PM, January 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those kids are too funny!! LOL.
I just left Rachel a comment. I think it's great that you wrote this post for her.

1:03 PM, January 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mom still says "sammich" and she's almost 50!

*shakes head*

1:17 PM, January 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home