And How Was Your Friday?

Friday, January 12, 2007

We bought our house October '05. By December of that year we realized that when the house got hot inside and the weather got cold out side, our skylight got all filled with condensation and would drip drip drip.

This is annoying even if you can look past the potential of thousands of dollars in damage. This summer, Jitteryjoe and his dad went up through the attic and insulated the thing. I'd like to know what the fuck the two bit builders were thinking to NOT insulate it in the first place. We figured the problem was solved.

I have been watching since September for drips and all was good. Until the weather decided to drop below -40C. The whole inside of the sky light was covered in an inch of ice. Ice that tended to drip and drip and drip.

Not sure how many hours we worked at melting the ice build up (blow dryer) and mopping up the water before it could ruin the ceiling. Yea , that sucked. Please take note of the wonderful ice, INSIDE the window.

Then there is the problem with pay per post. Well it's not really a problem. I like money, and writing those ads is a quick easy way to get money BUT I cannot stand how cluttered and messy and well.. whoreish it makes my blog look. And If I can't stand it, why am I expecting you all too? Here's the deal. I make a point only to take ads that pay 10 dollars or more, so in seventeen sixteen ads I will have enough for my camera. I need. Want. Salivate. Orgasm over this camera. When I can get two ten dollar ads a day I will post both of them, leaving you with four freaking posts to "read" Not that I expect you to read the ads, because I do NOT. If I can get two posts in a day that's only nine more days of ads. Can you all handle it? I hope I can.

In the mean time, because I really do like money I have started up a new blog. Its linked, but don't go hunting it down, In three months I will resume PPP'ing, over there. And it sort of defeats the purpose if you all head over there like everyone did to poor Mr. Fab.

Icing on todays Craptacular Cake : My 100 year old Great Grandmother who never knew me from a shoe, died this morning. Alzheimer's sucks y'all.

16 Comments:

Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Oh and I updated the Photo Blog.

8:29 PM, January 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

100? Sorry to hear that she passed.

hmmm pay per post... I was thinking about doing that... may have to look into it.

8:59 PM, January 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss...

PPP's have never bugged me - if it's something I'm interested in, I read it. If not, I skip over. Easy.

Your skylight looks JUST like mine! Without the drips. Shit, got to go knock on wood or something so I don't wake up to wet carpet...

What's -40 in F? I get so confused...

10:20 PM, January 12, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

luepaintred Sheesh, will you quit whoreing the photo blog already?

Fantasta girl PPP is great and its not a scam lol, its easy to sign up, easy to pick an ad to do, easy all around. im just tired of them on my blog so much, but its almost an addiction i see them i need to post them LOL, so i made a new blog just for the ppp

Shelli i keep trying to be sad, but the last five or so years, she hasnt even been a person, just a shell. it was way past time for her to go! Its reassuring that you dont mind the PPP's I will send you an email LOL

Tug We all have to go sometime, she held on longer then she should have. Im glad PPP's dont bug you either!

11:37 PM, January 12, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

Im sorry about your Grandmother Blue,,,Im sure she was ready to go. I dont mind the ppps.

1:49 AM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Chatty said...

My inlaws owned a modular home at the beach that had five sky lights that did the same exact thing. It became too much, so after fifteen years they sold. Other reasons too, of course, but to keep fixing and repairing became very costly. Good luck with that.

You are my second blog pal that has lost a grandparent this week. I am sorry. :(

7:32 AM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

100 is awesome. My great grandfather almost made it to 100, and he and I had some great times when I was a kid and he was the young age of 80.

Sounds like you actually need to replace the skylight itself. A good skylight is double-paned so that you don't have to worry about condensation and ice build-up on the inside of your house, just between the two panes, which then evaporates.

8:19 AM, January 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skylights suck. I don't know very many people that have them and don't have problems. Even a double pane is probably going to have condensation on it when it gets really cold out. I wonder if you can add something like a Magnetite storm window to it?

I usually read the PPPs, they don't bother me too much.

8:42 AM, January 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Great GRandma, I know it's hard to lose a family member, but at the same time when they are in that state it's almost releaving when they finally do go.

The PPP's don't bother me, especially if they are going to get you something that you really REALLY want.

9:53 AM, January 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your grandma...damn.

I don't even notice the ads.

And as for that ice, I know it sucks big time, but from over here where I am not the one dealing with it, it sure looks pretty.

11:50 AM, January 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you i am off tommorrow so coffee?

kiss

12:41 PM, January 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what pay per post is, you'll have to share the details for me.
Sorry your grandmother passed...

2:29 PM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger L said...

Its here my prize YEAH thank you Blue I love them, for some reason I put on the Curious George ones and now they wont come off of my feet its like they glued their selves to me LOL.

Sorry to hear about you great grandma and the PPP's if that is how you can get the camera you want then post away. ;)

3:07 PM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Catch Im guessing she didnt mind either

Chatty Im super ticked at the sky light i wish we could just board it up

AVI We think it might be a broken seal ..of some sort, i sort of space out when the guys are talking shop

Nobody You are usually the only commentor on them too!
(thanks)

Mr fabIm working on it ..shesh pressure much?

Coffee MomYea cus its all about me anyway, huh?

CindraLOL till it drips in your eye as you are looking up, huh?

Kiss DUH

Suzane Go to the PPp site, i have it linked everywhere LOL and sign up. after your blog gets approved you choose which ads you want to do and type them out, the ad is approved a short time later and you get paid thirty days from the posting of the ad.

Lori and uhm, socks rock. i didnt even think about the fact that you live in a really warm place..sorryout the sweaty feet! b

10:41 PM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger L said...

LOL I meant that they are so soft and comfy I dont want to take them off.

5:16 PM, January 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your grandma.

11:22 AM, January 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home