I Have Proof

Monday, November 20, 2006

That the world is still a wonderful place to live in. There are still people out there , even on the big scary internet who care. Wonderful people who will go out of their way to make someone smile.

Jittery Joe checked the mail after work today. He Brought in a box. It was addressed to my blog name :o) and it was from Blogarita. I love me some snail mail, So I was kind of excited. Then I read the note that came with my gift :

Sorry this isn't new, But I found a pair of them at a garage sale and thought they looked a lot like my cat Mars and your (ex) cat Shadow. (...) Now we have identical mugs. I know you like coffee, so I hope you can use this.
Your friend,
Blogarita


And I almost cried.

What an amazing Surprise. Rainbow Man was with me when I cut open the box, up on a stool peeking over my shoulder trying to get a better view. When he saw the gift, he immediately asked if we can share. We came to the agreement that I would have it weekdays while he is in school, and after school and weekends, it would be his to use. Mr. Rainbow misses Shadow a lot still. I thought that he would be young enough that it wouldn't hurt him this badly. But he often looks at us and says in a sad little voice "I sure miss Shadow, Don't you?"

This made his day. Added to that he pulled his tooth tonight. Finally. And It is resting inside the mug, waiting for the tooth fairy to come, He is sure the tooth fairy will leave just a little more because of his "super cute kitty cup"

I want to thank you, Blogarita, not just for thinking of ME, while out hunting down the sales, But for making Rainbow Man scream with excitement. He thought the kitty on the mug looked so much like Shadow he went to get pictures to compare. He is so happy! And really, anything that makes my kids squeal like that, pleases me immensely. Even more so then a Meme.

And speaking of sales. I'm kind of jealous. Garage sales at this time of the year, I Wish! Ours are usually from end of May to end of August, then it gets too cold. Sigh. Six more months to wait.



Shadow And Rainbow Man

It says "Your cat loves you when Nobody else does!"

The picture on the cup

Now, I have to exchange a soggy old tooth for some nice shiny coins, so if you would all run on over to Blogaritas' and leave a comment about what a wonderful person she is? Go on, get going.....

7 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

Wow. You almost made me cry. I'll go tell Blogarita the same now... What an awesome story!!

9:46 PM, November 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very welcome, Blue. I had no idea it would have such an impact on Rainbow Man. I just saw the mugs and thought it would be fun to share. I'm so glad you both like it.

(And yes, there are still just a few sales here. They're almost over, but they'll start back up by the first of April.)

10:18 PM, November 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW now I'm really intrested in this Blogging communal thing. Even though you have to deal with ingnorant Idiots there is some real decent thoughful people out there in cyberspace. Huh, I just thought of somthing that sounds like life in general.

Great story!!! I'm checking out blogarita blog.

10:58 PM, November 20, 2006  
Blogger Catch said...

How sweet! You will think of Blogarita everytime you drink out of the cup...thats so nice Blue! There are nice people out there!

1:40 AM, November 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Blogarita's site a left a thank you too. It's nice to see there are some good people in this world.

RoxDar

10:32 AM, November 21, 2006  
Blogger Lynda said...

Aw, that is so sweet. I am sorry about your kitty. I don't know how old Rainbow Man is, but it is amazing how much things can affect them.

3:32 PM, November 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww... that's just too sweet for tea!

12:30 AM, November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home