Home Improvement SUCKS

Friday, October 06, 2006

As I type this, Stuperman is in his room singing and throwing toys and anything BUT napping. So here are the pictures I promised.

.
304.5 square feet of Laminate at .99cents a square foot ( Bargin)
300 Square feet of Ultra padded underlay at 30 bux per 50 square feet (Not bargin!)

So now all we have to do is rip out the base boards* wash em , paint them, rip out the carpet and underlay, lay the laminate, get all the door-end-y-stopper-trim-stuff put in, put the base boards back up and get rid of the trash. With three kids and two cats underfoot.

*When I pried off a baseboard, just to see how easy/hard it would be, I saw this:

Great! Joy! I am so Happy now! The retards previous home owners painted the walls without first removing the baseboards!! So now. Yay! Joy! Hurray for us! We either live with chipped walls, which will be VERY noticable due to the disgusting dark grey they painted the walls without removing the base boards first like a normal freaking person, or decide quickly on a color (as in tonight) Paint quickly (also as in tonight) so that we can have nice walls and no paint drips on the new floors. But I have to spend another 3-4 hundred on the door-end-y-stopper-trim-stuff, and I really DO NOT have time to paint, And I have NO idea what color It should be!

Wonder if I could just get a little thing of dark grey paint and touch up the walls where it will come off. Will that work? People??? Hello??? Fine, be like that!

Why did I assume this would be super easy? It didn't even cccur to me till today that we would have to remove the baseboards to lay the floor. Which means I didn't budget for new paint for the base boards, nor the time it would take to paint them. There are 52 seperate boards that must be cleaned and painted, for those of you keeping score at home. Last night I was super pumped about my new floors. Today I still want new floors but notsomuch the work that comes with it.

Oh and we are also trying to hide the fact that we are doing this from my inlaws who live Three Doors Down.

I might not have a lot of time to blog this Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Saturday shopping, then MILS birthday that night. Hope to rip out the carpets sunday morning and start laying the floors to be done by monday night. Have to get the base boards numbered (52) and painted in that time as well. Im skipping Thanksgiving dinner because I do not have time (or space what with two couches going to live in my kitchen) to cook it!

If anyone wants to come help......

3 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Too much work! Now you have made me tired and I need a nap. ;-)

3:33 PM, October 06, 2006  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Lament flooring I have done.... It's easy - will come right over.

8:55 PM, October 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I might break a nail or something. I can however, come and watch the kids, I'm good at that, kids like me....notsogood with the manual labor though....Yuck, I'm too prissy for that, ask my darling hubby. LOL

10:11 PM, October 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home