Canada Bluepaintred Day

Sunday, July 01, 2007

In about an hour, sundown will come. In the darkness, people in hundreds and thousands of cities and towns will gather around parks lakes and rivers. Swatting mosquitoes and wincing from sunburns they will wait, Eyes trained on the sky.

A sudden pop and the people will cheer.

Depending on each communities budget, the fireworks show will last any where from ten minutes to hours.

And it is all for me.

Little paper Canadian flags on little wooden sticks given out to all the children who pass? To celebrate the Country of my birth. A million Canadian flag and maple leaf temporary tattoos will be handed out and pasted on tiny arms and tummies. Some will paste them on their cheeks, to better remind them as they look in the mirror, the reason they celebrate.

Me.

I know this because my daddy told me so.

I was very young. This is my Oldest Memory. We were visiting my grandparents and were standing at the banks of the lake, waiting with so many others. He held me in his arms so I could see better. The noise bothered me and I wanted to go home.

But, whispering in my ear he told me this was how the entire Country told me Happy Birthday. He told me that it was for me they had cakes and balloons and parades and face painting, that the whole of Canada loved me so much, they wanted to be sure my birthday, July 2, came in with a blast. Would my daddy lie to me? I think not!

Thanks Canada, I love you too!

Happy Birthday To Me

Thank You :
Blogarita: even though it was a jack of diamonds, a card is a card!
Shelli: You remembered Hoops and YoYo are my favorite!
Mr.Fab &Avitable : You both got together to pick the same card? LOL
NotAGranny: Learning Linkage one day, sending E cards the next. You're fast!
MetalMom: Two cards! Coolness - I'm loved!
Finn: The Kids and I really enjoyed the skydiving candle!
Twisted Cinderella: that was cool, That was a fun Card to play!
Shelia: It might not have been an E-Card, but you put my face on your blog, so thanks!
Sans: George Bush? That was odd. Funny. But odd. I did have fun with the sex one!
Jen: I'm in your sidebar! Thanks!
Monkee: Fiestas are fun, but siestas are better LOL!
Webmiztris: I had trouble opening my "package" so I just licked the screen!
RoxDar; Catch; Coffee Mom;
Tug; Squirrel; NYCWD


Pee ess: Don't fucking forget, bluepaintred at gmail dot com. I WANT E-Birthday cards dammit! You have till midnight July second. I do have hit men waiting in the wings for those of you who can't be bothered to push a few freaking buttons and send me some goddamn birthday lovin'!

Labels: ,

38 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Happy Almost Birthday!!!

(I'll be back after midnight my time to wish you a true happy birthday!)

9:56 PM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

Oh, I sent you lovin' alright. ;) Without even being told to I might add. You wait until 11:00 your time and then you come to my blog and you will see. :) It isn't a post entirely about you, but I think that you will be happy. Besides, I sent you that gift and you will be getting something from me via gmail, too. ;)

Hugs and happy birthday, girlfriend!

9:59 PM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

It's after midnight here. Happy Birthday. How old are you? And you're not getting e-shit from me.

10:24 PM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sheila *looks at watch* Ok. I'll be waiting

Shelli I know! A post about my gifts is going up tomorrow! Thanks!

Avitable I will be 28 in one hour and seventeen minutes. And fuck you too!

10:44 PM, July 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST FRIEND IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE


LOVE FROM KISS

11:43 PM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger Sugarqueensdream said...

Happy Birthday...
I guess you didn't whine enough about it being your birthday, Because this is the first I heard of it.....
Any who It's all about you !
PEACE!

11:46 PM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

pee ees: I suppose what I've mailed you hasn't arrived yet, huh? :(

11:46 PM, July 01, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Happy Birthday, my twisted little friend!

3:40 AM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

Needy fucker.

5:43 AM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

:D

5:44 AM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

Happy Birthday!! (I would sing to you but that may make the computers crash worldwide!

6:53 AM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger me said...

Happy Birthday!!! this makes me laugh, because my husband's birthday is Jan 1. And he insists the whole world celebrates just for him. If he enjoyed a good cuppa I'd suggest an affair was in line for the 2 of you... :)

6:58 AM, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I tried to stay up til midnight to be the first with wishes, but I drank too much again and passed out! (But I said 'Here's to Blue!' before each shot!)

7:11 AM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Happy Birthday to Blue,
Happy Birthday to Blue,
Happy Birthday, dear youuuu!
Happy Birthday to Blue.


I sent you something. If you didn't get it, blame the internets.

7:11 AM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

Today is my brother's birthday too. He gets the light show in two days. :)

7:31 AM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

Wow. The whole country? Cool.

Happy Birthday!

7:50 AM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Happy Birthday! I love that your dad told you that. That is sweet

9:37 AM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger annie said...

Happy b-day!
I'm a retard, I did not know Canada had fireworks, is it on July 1st?

And then I assume everyone knows we have fireworks on the 4th. I need to go Wikipedia...

10:35 AM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger annie said...

Huh, basically the same stuff we do on Independence Day.
Small world!

10:38 AM, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, sweet thang! Your daddy sounds like a lovely lovely man, and I had a cold one (top of my right sidebar)in your honour...

12:10 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

check your email!!

12:47 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

So that's why Matt-man posted a picture of a woman in a bikini with a big maple leaf on the unmentionables.

Happy Birthday! Twenty-eight is a great age. I'd go back and be twenty-eight.

1:20 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Katherine said...

Huh. So happy to see that you haven't gotten any saner while I've been MIA. :)

1:55 PM, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Blue!! You've also been awarded the Rockin' Girl Blogger award!! Check my blog for more info!!

3:29 PM, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday sis hope ya have a terrific day with lots of ribbons and bows ......even if the cat hates it lol

succulence
ps hugs kisses pinches to grow and inch and all that mushy stuff that comes with getting older!

4:07 PM, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Blue !!!

6:21 PM, July 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday your card is on it's way!

6:47 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

HOW THE HELL DID I NOT KNOW IT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY?????

I did think of you this weekend...could not get pics of dicks. Or kids feeding ducks...LOL. But I TRIED, just for YOU. Blue & dicks, kids & ducks...I am only one person.

Are the hit men cute?

OK, GOING TO PICK OUT A CARD...

LOVE YA' MUCH, HAPPY BLUEDAY!!!

7:12 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

You know...I believe what your Dad said! ;))..Happy Birthday Sweety!

9:32 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

Clearly Fab and I are the same person.

10:38 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Glad you liked it! I hope you had a wonderful day!

5:27 AM, July 03, 2007  
Blogger bon said...

Happy BEAKY!

That's Happy Birthday, in Chaso-speak.

12:55 PM, July 03, 2007  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Happy birthday to you, as usual I am late, but I was stuck at the gates of time.

4:30 PM, July 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sis!

I was camping this weekend and got home to late to send a message. Hope you had a great day.

Love ya,
xoxo - the normal sis-in-law

P.S. Hope the report card story is legit because I'm telling everyone about it!!!

9:44 PM, July 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I did think of you on your birthday and even raised a beer (or two) in your honor.

9:44 PM, July 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Hope your birthday was extra-super-fabulous! :D

I didn't know they still celebrated birthdays at your age. :D

11:24 PM, July 03, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

pee ess again:

Tom left you a comment on my blog for your birthday. :D

6:42 PM, July 04, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

ha! glad you got it....

9:14 AM, July 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home