Leave the light on, please.

Friday, June 22, 2007

From the moment you see the pink stripe on your pregnancy test, there will never be another second you do not fear for your child life.

In the delivery room your heart Will stop as you wait to hear their first cry and the doctors words telling you that your baby is fine.

When they sleep, you will watch their chest rise and fall, and when they play your ears are tuned to their cry.

With you holding your hand, or away with a family member, fear for them never leaves your mind.

There is no greater nightmare for a parent than losing a child.

Please, go here, and help leave a light on for Dawg.

His parental nightmare came true. We can't help him chase the boogyman away, but lets help him by lighting his way back.

My heart is breaking for him.

UPDATE: If you want to help with more than comments;

We can't be there to hug him, and we can't be there to support him physically, but we can show how the blog world can come together and help someone who needs it.

Paypal has restrictions on allowing anyone to accept donations, so we can't take donations. However, in order to help Dawg with the situation, we are going to "sell" something that will give us revenue to send to him as a gift.



Click for more details.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

I did.
This sucks.

3:49 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

Beautifully written, and I've already left a comment over there...

3:52 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Annie he was five! FIVE. I have a five year old. I can;t stop watching him and thinking of DJ. I'm horrified.

Sheila If only pretty words could turn back time.

4:10 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

BPR, will you update your post with this link?

http://www.avitable.com/2007/06/22/for-dawg/

4:33 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Avi Done.

4:49 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

Beautiful and so true. I believe that every parent knows how this would feel and I believe that having to feel that is our biggest fear.

Thank you for putting it into words so beautifully.

4:53 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

How awful...simply horrible, I can't imagine.... beautiful post.

5:35 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Very eloquent, my friend.

5:43 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Sugarqueensdream said...

I'm going to say this , (and I think you can try and understand what it feels like BUT unless it happens to you , you just can't imagine... I've lost 2 Sons the first one 30 years ago from SIDS , the second in 2004 to a car accident ....
You can't breath when you first find out , after that you walk around for months and even years numb....I joke and laugh now, life has moved forward, but I never can forget what I've had to give up ... You lose a piece of your heart when you lose your child because when you have a child of your own , you understand what real love is ....
I feel so much for him and his Family even though I had never even read his Blog.
Hugs Bluepaintred it is heart warming to see so many offering so much love and caring.....
Judy

5:48 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

That was beautiful, Blue.

I have a post up for him, too.

7:34 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

This is a beautiful post, Blue. I have felt the same way about my nephew since the moment I heard my sister died. And I left a comment on NYC Watchdog's blog too.

7:56 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I just found out about this.

You know, I lost a baby when I was eight months pregnant. My best friend lost his fourteen-year-old daughter. Nothing is like the pain caused by the death of a child and your post summed it all up so beautifully.

"I'm so sorry" jusy doesn't cut it. I hate not knowing what to say.

8:23 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

There are no words...

Give your boys extra hugs, smiles, laughs & fun Blue - each & every day of their lives. Hopefully long, long, happy lives - but knowing you, the one certain? Is love-filled.

10:27 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger I Believe said...

Check this out! http://marnee2002.blogspot.com/

Just like u-only a real beginner!!

On another note-how sad for this family-my heart breaks for them.
Hug the boys for me too
MM

8:09 AM, June 23, 2007  
Blogger Trisha (Ashlyn's Adoring Mommy) said...

Thanks for the post on this. It makes me realize how much I'm truly blessed to now be a part of the "parent" world. Not that I had any doubts, but if there ever was one...it's been squashed by how amazing all fellow bloggers and parents are!!

11:53 AM, June 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home