Last night We got back from the dentist just in time to tuck the kids into bed. Rainbow Man was very amused at me trying to make a kissy face with my frozen lips. Finally we agreed that as long as my lips touch his face, it counts as a kiss no matter how funny it looks.
As soon as all three kids were in bed I took a pain pill left over from my surgery last summer. I don't take drugs for a reason.
I decided that a video post would be a great idea. Uhm. No. I watched it this morning and deleted it. There was a lot of drool, and the left side of my face did not move the whole time. I had not realized my nose had started bleeding again, so there was blood*. Add that to the fact that I can't figure out what the hell I was saying on the video, I decided it was best to just get rid of it.
Besides, I knew Avitable would make fun of me.
I stole this from Shelli because I like books and they like me.
1. Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? If it is a book that I know I will be reading again and again, I love a good hardcover. However, I find hardcover books really difficult to read in the bath so I usually get paperback. Plus, they are way cheaper!
2. Amazon or brick and mortar? (buying on line or in a store?) I prefer to get them from family, but when they are bought they aren't bought online. We do not have Credit Cards. Credit Cards are evil.
3. Amazon or the Co-Op Bookstore.? If a book contains all of the pages, I will read it, old or new. I don't care if all of the pages are still in the binding, as long as they are all there.
4. Barnes & Noble or Borders? I have not shopped at either. I prefer a bookstore called Westgate Book. Why pay seven bucks when you can pay fifty cents?
5. Bookmark or dog ear? "Bookmark. Who dog ears their books. Shame on you!" <- that's wat Shelli said. Think she will spank me when I say that I dog ear my books, sometimes ripping off the dog ear corner, sometimes i fold the page up like a fan or an airplane, and if it is a really old book I know I won't be reading again, and that it has passed the family rounds, I will tear each page out as I read.
Did anyone notice that Shelli doesn't have numbers six through eleven done? I found them over at Lynda's Great Journey. What a lifesaver!
Hmm. Lynda's Meme is not exactly like Shellis', but pretty close. these six questions will fill in the blank nicely I think!
Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror? Fantasy and Horror. I love suspense and I love dragons and fairies and magic. I also like books with a lot of sex in them.
Hitchhiker or Discworld? I do not know what discworld is, but I love Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. One of my all time favorites!
Asimov’s Science Fiction or Fantasy & Science Fiction? Fantasy. I could never get into Asimov. Love Ray Bradbury though.
Alphabetize by author, Alphabetize by title, or Random? I like to keep certain books in order, Dean Koontz, John Saul and Steven King, they are all separated by author and behind glass. My romance Novels are thrown all over the house.
Keep, Throw away or Sell? Keep if it is a book I love. Which means Dean Koontz or John Saul, give away if it is romance. I do not believe books should be sold for profit. They should be given to the masses becuase reading without a monitor is becoming a dying art.
Keep dust-jacket or Toss it?
12. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Harry Potter ALL THE WAY. Harry Potter is hot. I think about him in a purely sexual way
13. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? I stop reading whenever and whereever I damn well please. I often stop in the middle of words. I read while I smoke and the minute my hand hits to knob on the door to come inside I fold my page and put it down, no matter what part I am on. Chapter breaks are for wussies.
14. “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? It really depends on my mood. Fairy tales all have happy endings, and In my mind all romance books MUST have a happy ending. One time I started a book, got halfway through, her husband died, I flipped to the last chapter and she was still sad so I put it down and never finished it. I do not mind dark and stormy as long as the plot is good.
15. Buy or Borrow? I prefer to borrow, but will bu. very rarely do I pay full price for a book.
16. New or used? Either or, I don't care.
17. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation, or browse. I buy according to the author. If Someone has lent me a book I will read it if it sounds good from the back. I don't read anything anyone recommends unless I already wanted to read it. Every person has different tastes!
18. Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Tidy ending. I remember reading the fourth or fifth book in a Terry Goodkind series and the last line of the book was "I'm here to kill Richard Rahl" I was SO mad, especially considering that the next book was not due for six to twelve more months!
19. Morning, afternoon or nighttime reading? When I am not online, I read. or sleep.
20. Stand alone or series? I prefer stand alone because I hate waiting for the next book to come out. Like say, Harry potter seven. Wonder what Malfoy is going to be up to in it? He leaves six in disgrace with his death mark and all. I bet he will be super hawt. Hopefully not dead though.
21. Favorite series? Harry Potter and the Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind.
22. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? Hmmm. No guesses. Have you read So You Want To Be A Wizard? It's really good. I think I will read it again.
23. Favorite books read last year? I have probably ready a thousand books in the last year. Shit. Uhm. Nope Not going to choose.
24. Favorite books of all time? Ok. This is going to sound really weird. In grade seven we were assigned book one of a four book series. I liked it so much I read books two three and four in the library. I have no idea what they are called. It is about a boy and a girl who somehow (?) get magic abilities or realize they have them and start to fight evil. I think there are four things they find/look for in each book. Sigh. I don't know the author or the titles or really any of the plot so all my searches so far have come up empty. I know book two or was it three, takes place around water. I so SUCK.
I tag no one, but extend sincere congratulations to myself for being able to complete this Meme in what I hope is a rational way due to the fact that the pain pills have way kicked in and I am drooling again. Must.Sleep.
Random book fact : I like to tear off the corners of books, preferably very old ones and suck on them. Occasionally I swallow them, but mostly I spit them out when the flavor is gone.
*The bleeding was due to the root in the sinus thing where my nose was almost but not actually broken by the dentist who despite all of the agony of the nose pain and sixteen needles (I'm resistant to the anesthetic) I still love.