Saturday Was Not Caturday

Saturday, May 12, 2007

..And OMG mothers day is coming up in less than an hour, eight, maybe nine hours after that the kids will wake up! Blue Boy let it slip that daddy snuck out of bed* this morning and they made me presents!

WOOT!

I'm kind of excited!

We will be spending Mother's Day at my In Laws, She is making a Turkey dinner for us and some of the Sis-In-Laws. Rainbow Man made her a card, Blue Boy picked her some plastic flowers and a vase and the baby wrapped them. (Wrapped is another way to say Put six million pieces of tape everywhere but on the actual paper, then cry because the tape runs out.)

I had a nasty headache today. I think I would go so far as to say it was a migraine. I was VERY sensitive to light, and I laid in bed, not tired at all, not sleeping, with a pillow over my head. Every so often Jittery Joe would come in and tell me something, and just the movement of my face when I answered made me nauseous.

It sucked. I get a lot of headaches, ones that last days but with some Tylenol I am able to still do whatever I want and the pain is just a dull throb in the back of my mind. Today though, this sucker laid me flat, I couldn't do anything, and I really wanted to watch the weather channel to make sure the tornado watch did not become a warning. (I had to turn the bedroom TV off the sound was too much)

Since the house is still standing, I assume it did not.

On Friday Stuperman learned an very important lesson on cause and effect.He learned that it does not matter if you take great care of a balloon; Even if you hold it tight so the wind does not blow it away, if you punch your brother in the head instead of sharing the balloon, or if you draw smiles on it with chalk in a loving manner while you talk to it.

In the end, it doesn't matter how much you love your balloon if you take a hammer and try to pound a nail in it, the balloon WILL pop, and crying does not fix it.

A hug and a ring pop will fix the crying, however.

Tigger The Cat is mad at me again. Tig's vet wants her to lose a bit of her chub, and suggested a diet of measured wet cat food to reach that goal. Also, apparently the wet cat food will help her stop shedding enough hair to make a new cat each day. Every time I go into the kitchen, Tigger starts crying for more food, and when I ignore it, she bites my feet.

Oh, and I gave her a bath tonight. She has bad kitty dandruff and about every two months we wash her with her special vet approved six thousand dollars an ounce kitty dandruff shampoo and brush her out. We usually brush out enough hair to make a sasquatch!

I fully expect to wake up to a few strategically placed hair balls.

*The Husband and I routinely sleep in till eleven or so on weekends. Rainbow Man will change the baby from his night diaper to underwear, unless it is poopy, then he wakes us to do it. RM also feeds his brothers cold cereal and wakes us when there are any problems. Due to the noise level of three unattended boys, It should be obvious that The Husband and I aren't in a deep sleep, and are able to hear if there are any real problems that an adult needs to deal with.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

That's cute. I hope you have a happy mother's day!

12:57 AM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Nicole said...

Hope that you are having a great Mother's Day!!! thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog...do see the reply when you have time! :)

3:06 AM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

What a sweet boy RM is. I hope your day is wonderful. I know all about headaches, I hope yours went away. I hate them.

8:07 AM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

There are ring pops. No one told me there were ring pops. Gimmee.

8:29 AM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

Happy MILF's Day.

8:46 AM, May 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry bout the head, but you are lucky to have RM. He's sound like a prize!

0))---8--

Arose for a sweet mommy

10:02 AM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

lol, my cat bites my ankles if I don't let him lead the way up the stairs...he HAS to be first!

Hope you're feeling better for Mother's Day!

10:40 AM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

Happy Mother's Day Blue...I hope you're able to enjoy it without a migraine; those things suck the big one.

11:43 AM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Rainbow man rocks! I gave a cat a bath once... never again. I'm sorry about the headache.

12:25 PM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

My cats cry about needing more food only if were in the kitchen. If I walk into the living room, they shut up. So, I make sure to stay out of the kitchen. ;) And wet food helps them shed less?! Holy crap, I'm so changing their food! (But, I will never ever ever bathe my cats. That sounds dangerous.)

Happy Mother's Day! I hope your gifts make you smile.

1:16 PM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger L said...

Happy Mothers Day!

4:17 PM, May 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day! I would give anything to have a husband that would sleep past 7:30am and allow me to!! You are so lucky!

7:44 PM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Monkee said...

=) Happy Mother's Day!!!!! =)

I hope everything was wonderful for you today and that all surprises were of the good and chocolately kind!

8:40 PM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Ashley I did!

Nicole I read it!

Shelli It went away. I think they are brought on by my headach medicine and that i need to tpugh out a few of them till my body isnt dependant on the tylonol.

Mr.Fab Really? OK. wait. diabetic...can you have them? I will send you one but only if you promise it wont kill you.

Avitable thanks for making me spit out my coffee out! As for the MILF. have you even seen a photo of me?

metalMom OH! Flowers! thanks!

WebMiz I did feel better, thanks!

Tug Im not positive it was a migrain. dont you have to be diagnosed by a doctor to know, I do know it sucked, but it is gone, so YAY me!

Marilyn hmm our cat just sits and cries. If you try to turn her to wash her other side and she plops over in the water.she doesnt move at all its very funny.

Sheila our vet said that while her dry food is awesome for her teeth, it is also mostly grains. and since cats are carnivores, this isnt that good for them. She said to give her the wet food, she will lose the weight and stop shedding so much and to give her hard treats instead of soft for her teeth.

Lori and happy Mothers day to you too!

Squirrel both me and the husband love sleep.

Monkee no chocolate here, but the day was good and wonderful anyway!

9:31 AM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

Listen - MILFs come in all shapes and sizes and sexual prowesses.

9:44 AM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

Sounds like a great day. Except for the cat.

10:28 AM, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home