No Time~finally updated! Yay Me!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tonight was Coffee Night with BFF Kissy. It was great but for one part. One of my favorite waitresses confided in us that she was leaving to work at a new place, a place that I don;t really like. This sucks, because I really like Rose, she is always pleasant, and even when the place is jumping, my cup is filled with great regularity!

The reason she is leaving is that her boss of more than ten years has not given her a single raise. Not even a nickel. In ten years! To top it off, she finds out that the people who have been hired, for instance, the new cook, they are being paid way more than her and she is their supervisor!

What's up with that? I know the law states that her employer only has to pay minimum wage, but raises are used to honor a loyal and great employee, oy! this pisses me off.

I'm gonna miss Rose next Coffee Night!

Due to Coffee Night, I haven't had the proper time to get my coffee post ready. I needed some photos for the planned post. Therefore, I plan on updating this post after I send Rainbow Man off to school. My head stops trying to explode into a million pieces. In the meantime, please enjoy this shot of me taking this mugs' javinity.

She was hawt! And wet, with a few bubbles...

UPDATE:

Here we go. I would have had this up sooner but I woke up this morning with a gerbil and ajackhammer in my head. Not a good situation..
This photo represents the coffee mugs I drink from. Smallest to biggest, we will call them A B C and D.

Cup A, the smallest, Is only used when we have company, so that all of the mugs match, or when I have not done the dishes in a few days and it is a choice between using it or the cup Stuperman had OJ in last night. The mug is too small for any real coffee enjoyment. If you have to get up ever five minutes to refill the mug, thats a sign of a bad mug.

Mug B. I have three of this size. The one in the photo was sent to me from my pal Blogarita. Rainbow Man still argues that the mug must be his and it is usually found in the sink. This mug is good for afternoons, evenings and for taking in the car. It is not so big that the coffee cools before you are done, but not so small that you are constantly up and refilling it either. It's a good size.

Mug C was a mug I won from The Million Hit Screen Shot contest over at notes from the trenches. It is simply way too big. It looks smaller than the BadAss mug Tug sent, but it holds a lot more coffee, its bigger around. I have not yet managed to finish a mug without it cooling on me. Don't get me wrong, I will drink the coffee hot warm or ice cold, coffee IS coffee after all, but I do prefer hot coffee. I rarely use this mug.

Mug D. BadAss. Poor mug, it has not been empty since it lost its Javinity the other day. It holds the same amount of coffee as mug B, but is a thicker mug. This means that the coffee stays hot, even while blogging, as I am now, outside in 3 degree temps..

Not many people pay much attention to what they are putting their coffee in, which surprises me. In fact, last Date Night, the husband and I went to our usual restaurant and ended up walking out because they had switched from ceramic coffee mugs to plastic. What on earth were they thinking? A travel mug is an OK substitute in an emergency, but as the lids of them are generally plastic, I stay away from them as well.

Some might say I have an addiction to coffee. This is not so. Like air, coffee is a requirement to the continuation of me living. If you had a choice between shit/smog/ick smelling air and the fresh , sweet air found on mountains, which would you prefer.

pee ess: I am blogging without a mouse right now, just using the finger pad thingy, which I HATE, when the kids are tired of playing outside I will hook up the mouse and link people accordingly!

REMEMBER: Our body works because of blood.
Blood is made up, in part, of Iron.
Iron will rust in water.
Coffee, as well as being a great plant food, is a great rust remover,
save yourself the hassle of a rusty body,
drink coffee, not water!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Man, poor Rose! We should petition for her to get a raise! (Although I suppose it doesn't matter since she is leaving...)

12:38 AM, May 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That always sucks when you knw someone else (that shouldn't be) is making more money then you. Even though you love Rose and hate her new palce of work. I hope it all works out...

Maybe you'll get a SUPAH hottie guy as a server that you can oggle on coffee night from now on and make cat calls. Those are they're favourite!

3:42 AM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Wait a minute...you like coffee? Why have you never mentioned this before?

4:34 AM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

No wonder Rose is leaving! Hopefully she will go somewhere that someone appreciates her. Her boss is an ASS. And if you get someone else who doesnt keep your cup filled I know how pissed you will be!! You poor baby!! lol.

5:16 AM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

I feel bad for Rose, but I've found employers aren't generally hot to give you more money unless you ask for it. That's not the way it should be, but that's how it is.

I like the idea of a super hotte guy for coffee night. He'll keep your cup hot AND wet!

7:50 AM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

Maybe you can visit her at the sucky place sometime. Maybe the coffee will get better with Rose there.

Sucks that her boss treated her that way.

8:26 AM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

"javinity"...lmao! I like that!

9:28 AM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

I get where Rose is coming from...dammit. Will her being at this other place make it any better??

9:59 AM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

You get an A+ for your rationalization technique in the last paragraph.

2:25 PM, May 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand why she is leaving. I too have been a server for 7 years, and I have yet to ever receive a raise. My one boss always told me, that if you want a raise work harder and upsell your tables to get a bigger tip. Minimum wage sucks, especially when you have a family, but for some of us it the only job that works with our schedules. Cuz paying daycare is way to high these days.
Sorry your losing Rose, but maybe she'll train the new server, and they'll be just as good.

RoxDar

2:49 PM, May 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that stinks about Rose! How awful!

Too funny that thing about coffee at the end! I can now feel good about my daily cup a joe (it's decaf anyway)!

7:04 PM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

I was just going to say that you needed an insulated mug until you said that you have an aversion to their plastic lids. I am not sure I get this. It is the only way I drink my coffee.

7:15 PM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

ok Blue...you need to shoot me an e-mail to bounce back to you.

I tried to send you one, got it back........

8:06 PM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

There's one restaurant in town I don't go to. It's a great place to eat but I know the owner and I know he mistreats his employees... It would seriously suck if the only coffee place I liked had an owner like that though.

10:59 PM, May 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home