Mushy Muddles, Don't Bother!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Last night JitteryJoe was going thru our boxes and boxes of CD's for Rainbow Man, who got a CD player for his birthday. One of them was Savage Garden, and I just happened to be within hearing distance as they preveiwed it. I screamed "No!!that one is coming upstairs, it's been too long since I have heard it!"

This afternoon, while washing dishes, Track three came on, and I cried. Way way back when. When it was all so fresh and new and scary and exciting and full of what ifs, he held me close to this song. Before kids and bills and worry, We used to joke, it would be our song, and then it just faded away with time like so many other things.

My hands in the sink, ignoring the chatter of the children finishing lunch, I could almost feel his arms around me again, Smell him. Remembering the smokey room, the smell of splilled beer. And my heart is fluttering again, like it did when I would wait for my grandma to call up to me that he was calling.

Ten freaking years on the fourth. Thats when we started dating. And it seems so long ago, so dim in memory, untill some little nugget from the past, a person, a smell, a song creeps up and I fall in love with him all over, except now, I know what a good person, what a great dad, and what a wonderful husband he is . And to think, ten years ago I asked him out just because (DONT READ THIS DAD) he was a good lay.


What a good decision! (too bad he doesn;t read my blog, eh?)
____________________________________
Truly Madly, Deeply
I'll be your dream, I'll be your wish, I'll be your fantasy.
I'll be your hope, I'll be your love, be everything that you need.
I love you more with every breath... Truly, Madly, Deeply Do
I will be strong, I will be faithful, 'cause I'm counting on A new beginning..A reason for living A deeper meaning
I want to stand with you on a mountain. I wanna bathe with you in the sea.
I wanna lay like this forever,
until the sky falls down on me.

And when the stars are shinning brightly in the velvet sky,
I'll make a wish, send it to heaven, and make you want to cry.
The tears of joy for all the pleasure in the certainty.
That we're surrounded by the comfort and protection
of the highest power.
in lonely hours, the tears devour you

I want to stand with you on a mountain. I wanna bathe with you in the sea.
I wanna lay like this forever,
until the sky falls down on me.

Oh can you see it baby? You dont have to close your eyes
Cause it's standing right here before you all that you need will surely come..

oh ho yeah yeah yeah

I'll be your dream ..I'll be your wish I'll be your fantasy
I'll be your hope..I'll be your love..be everything you need
I'll love you more with every breath
Truly, Madly, deeply Do humm humm

I want to stand with you on a mountain...I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to lay like this forever...Until the sky falls down on me

and I want to stand with you on a mountain...I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to live like this forever...Until the sky falls down on me...

oh oh oh oh oh....yeah yeah...oh oh....lo lo lo do ya do ya do (YAHDA YAHDA)
oh hoI

9 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Emma said...

Hi Bluepaintred,
Thank you for commenting on my blog in awnser to your question about having my stomach removed they make a new one out of your small bowel and connect it back up to your oesophagous. I am looking forward to the many many years ahead of me but i still wont be cured if they take my stomach out because i have the cancer in my liver pelvis and lungs. Although i still will be able to have my chemotherapy so hopefully that will work better without my stomach because the reason i might be having the surgery is because of internal bleeding from my stomach. Its all very complicated.
Thank you for your well wishes. I really appriciate them its been really nice to start blogging as i'm meeting lots of new friends.

Take Care,
Rachel Emma

2:19 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Catch said...

Awww Blue, thats so cute, happy anniversary to you and jittery joe. You doing anything special? maybe dinner and a movie? Boy I hope your Dad dont read that! He will be pissed! lol

5:39 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

it was the anniversary of when we started dating, we got married seven years ago last august, and hopefully my dad is too busy to read the blog this weekend LOL

6:46 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Mr. Incredible and I have a song like that.

7:32 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Fantastagirl I think it hit me so suddenly like that because it had probably been five years since i had heard that song, much less thought about it! what is your song with hubs?

8:01 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger L said...

AAAAWWW Blue you are a big ole sweetheart.

8:55 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Lori im usually not this sappy. Think its due to arts and crafts time in panty land being held this week?

11:57 PM, November 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

:D

10:43 AM, November 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats sweet blue. I know what a great dad jittery joe is you have a great hubby. anyway is it 8 yet i want coffee

kiss

11:10 AM, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home