It Sucks to be A Grown Up

Monday, July 24, 2006

Hubs and I are going camping. We are taking the two oldest boys with us, but not the baby. Logan is off to Potty School AKA nana's House, while we relax around a camp fire. Provided the fire ban is called off that is. Both Hubs and I are set on NOT going if there isa fire ban. Whats the point in camping without a camp fire?

The there is the problem with reservations. Apperently May till September you need to reserve your site. BFF Kiss_my_glass told me that its only a certain percentage of campsites that are reserved the rest are for drop ins like hubs and I. So yesterday I fired off an email to the park asking what is up. If there is only reserve sites, we are pretty screwed.

Seven years ago, I got a VISA card " for emergencies". Well those emergencies turned out to be packs of smokes, a kitten, an d cupps of coffee. Needless to say it took hubs and I a while to pay off the card, adn when we did, we shredded that card to hell and back. Now Both Hubs and I are adamantly against owning a credit card, so If the sites are only for reserving, and you have to reserve them with a credit card, we are SOL.

If the park doesn't email me today I will be phoning them tommorrow. Fingers crossed people.
________________________________________

I woke up this morning with a "sore throat" . Its acctually a re-occuring case of tonsilitis. But where I live I must have 12 bouts of it in 12 months to get my tonsils removed. What a hassle! I would very easily be able to record 12 bouts, but come on, who wants to take two 2 year olds and a 4 and 6 year old to the doctor every three weeks? I've had four attacks in the last 8 weeks. YAY. Also I have an aunt who had her tonsils removed and it was very tricky. Is it true that the older you are the more risky the operation is? As of right now im in the mind frame to wait, I mean each bout lasts arounf four days, and I drink plenty of hot fluids which really helps the OMG my throats on fire part of it, so why not?
________________________________________

Familiy pictures are due back on the 26th, after fittering around with apature settings and filters I think I have figured out how to take a picture of the pictures so you can see them. LOL, wouldnt life be easier with a scanner? I'd be able to scar you all with photos of my brother in a wig, and me with my hair chopped off on santas lap , thanks to the "Big Sister Barber". Wouldn;t that be plesent? Acctually I don';t have a clue what scanners cost, the times I want one are few and far between, so if the picture of the picture sucks, Deal with it, mmmmk?
________________________________________
I need some coffee now, and so I leave you with this :

8 Comments:

Blogger asdfasdfasdf said...

Cute pic of the kids. Actually scanners are pretty reasonably priced. We got a scanner/printer for $90. Good luck with the camp site.

12:27 PM, July 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pic far from sucks. Such angels.

Ugh! Sore throats suck.

I've got my fingers crossed about the camp site.

And can you believe that the folks at IT2M are on strike? Do you think that we looking for some loves because they got 'em.

1:06 PM, July 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is true about having your tonsils out when you are older. I had mine out 5 years ago and it hurt and I couldn't eat for 3 weeks, but it was worth it because I don't get sore throats anymore.

Cute pictures of the kids!!!

Have fun camping!!!

2:20 PM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Hope you feel better soon. And if that's a shitty scanner, I want one! The photo looks perfect and the kids are adorable!

3:46 PM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger L said...

Leave sleeping angels alone.

5:37 PM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Lady Thanks, we just heard back from them and htere is a fire ban, since youa re in the same province as me, know any campsites that dont have a fire ban???

One Tall Momma Im suore sad about the IT2M strike, but at least we had out reveiws. I read fab and IT2M with my morning coffee .. now I just have Fab!

Mr.Fab Yeah, you have all the good ideas!

KimYea well Im drinking hot tea and coffee , seems to help. And as for camping, we will not know till we go!
(pssst is this kim as in kim and garnet or a different kim???)

ABB oh wait! Time out, I dont have a scanner this is a digi pic. I was just saying I have family pics coming up soon and I dont have a scanner for ya all to see them, I have to try to take them with my digi cam!

Lori pffft the only time they are angels is WHEN they are sleeping!!!

6:59 PM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger L said...

Thats why you leave them alone LOL.

8:45 PM, July 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Kim as in Kim and Garnet. I read your blogs everyday, although I was using anonymous for any other comments.

9:08 AM, July 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home