There's a Hair In my food

Friday, November 23, 2007

Ahhh Friday nights. They have great potential for mischief making, but the fact we get up at 4:30 AM on Friday mornings makes it really hard for us to want to do anything but glue our butts to the couch in the evening.

Of course the kids still seem to think they are entitled to entertainment no matter how few hours of sleep their parental units have had.

Little bastards. They refuse to sleep in on weekends too.

I decided that a movie would be the best way to keep them sitting and quiet so me and hubs could doze on the couch and took them to the Movie Gallery to pick a movie. I wanted to rent a Christmassy one, but Blue Boy took one look at the south wall and shouted "MOM! IT'S RAT-A-TOOTIE!! THERE'S STILL SOME LEFT! WE HAVE TO GET IT!"

So we did.

I didn’t want to like Ratatoulle. I mean come on? A movie about rats in a restaurant? How disgusting can you get?? The only thing I know about rats is that they live in my freezer and wait for their turn in the microwave.

WTF were the writers thinking when they thought up rats in a kitchen anyway? How to give parents nightmares? Maybe it started out as a mouser training video for cats.Or maybe the writers were high. I bet that's it. The writers were on drugs.

'N drugs are bad, mmmk?

As it turns out, like all movies written whilst under the influence of mind alternating drugs, Ratatoulle was freaking hilarious.

Wonder if it would be funnier if a person watched it while high. Someone look into that and get back to me, mmmk?

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Hm. I had no interest in watching it either. Maybe I'll give it a whirl... when its on cable... for free. :)

10:54 PM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sheila It was pretty funny actually, when it goes to TV, you really should watch it.

Do you remember a time when you could rent a movie for under three bucks? Why is it so damn expensive now? Might as well buy the friggen movie instead of rent it!

11:36 PM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

This is totally what I'm saying!

Tom downloads his movies from MovieLink.com. He gets the 99 cent ones...

11:45 PM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Pan has been begging to watch this - me not so much. Perhaps he will get it for Christmas, Lord knows we need another dvd in the house.

11:04 AM, November 24, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

I've been dying to see it also. Not A Grampy...no.

We do our movies through Netflix. If I watch 30 movies a month or only 2 it is the same rate.

12:48 PM, November 24, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I think one reason they are so expensive is because of Netflix... which is cheap and so that's how we watch movies. I'll put this one on our list. I've been resisting, but since you say it's funny and it'll make the kid happy... why not?

Does Canada have Netflix?

2:19 PM, November 24, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

I just use On Demand and Netflix. Much easier than going to the store.

3:22 PM, November 24, 2007  
Blogger annie said...

My friends kids got it and my friend said she couldn't believe it was so funny. I want to see it now.

5:45 PM, November 24, 2007  
Blogger carrie said...

OMG I LOVED this movie!!! Absolutely hilarious!

8:31 PM, November 24, 2007  
Blogger Robin said...

I don't know the last time I watched a cartoon other than Family Guy.

12:23 PM, November 25, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

I didn't thunk I'd like it either, but I did...

7:33 PM, November 25, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

You cook rats in the microwave? I am sitting here with the grossest look on my face.

12:06 AM, November 27, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

"Wonder if it would be funnier if a person watched it while high. Someone look into that and get back to me, mmmk?"

I think I'm just the person for the job. :)

5:12 PM, December 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home