Incompetence

Thursday, November 22, 2007




In the past twenty four hours :

  • I made a five year old cry minutes before he left for school. He has a loose tooth. Just not loose enough to come out. I refused to A: pull it out and when that plan failed I refused to B: allow his brother one quick punch.

  • I broke four dishes while washing dishes. In my defense, I had a great plan to occupy the three year old by letting him dry. I just failed to catch the ones he look a baseball 'ed me. I caught some of them. After four, I made him go watch Shrek.

  • We managed to trim all of Smokey's claws on her front feet. It only took two people, a dog bone, a leash, seven band-aids and one episode or crying (me - she scratched right by my eye. It hurt)

  • My dad gave me my moms old mixer. I bet it is older than I am. I used it to make gingerbread dough and it started smoking. I forgot about the smoke but was reminded by actual flames and meted plastic this afternoon. Some one Remind me to put the smoke detector back together in comments please. Preferably in the afternoon.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Whoo-hoo! Sounds like a superb day, sweetie.

Wanna come to Missouri now?

12:10 AM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

ps - I'd remind you about the smoke detector, but I obviously comment late at night...

12:11 AM, November 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. it's Lady Noelle. Remember me? I was just going through some bookmarks and found you blog. It's better then ever. I'm sorry you had such a crappy day :(

8:01 AM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Karen Jensen said...

Ooo, rough day. Hope it's better today.

9:31 AM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Robin said...

Sounds like me in the kitchen, which is why Erik does all the cooking.

9:40 AM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

ps - don't forget your smoke detector, dear.

2:04 PM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger People in the Sun said...

Truisms:

The kitchen is not fun until something breaks.

I have smoke detectors but when our house was on fire all they did was annoy me on the way out.

Dogs love to test our unconditional love.

2:10 PM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

"Some one Remind me to put the smoke detector back together in comments please. Preferably in the afternoon."

3:11 PM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Sorry about your mixer! Sounds like a rough day.

3:53 PM, November 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop procrastinating! Put the smoke detector together! Now! It's Friday night now!!!!

5:04 PM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Renee said...

I seriously need to trim my dogs claws and this is exactly why I keep putting it off!

What's up with the big F on the pic?

5:28 PM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Did you get the smoke detector working?

10:28 PM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

all

It was a shitty day, but like all days,m good and bad, it finally ended. I did remember to put the smoke detector back together but only when I realized I was cooking Supper and it had not gone off.

look how teh lazy I am, responding like this. I suck

11:32 PM, November 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you put you smoke detector back together yet???

11:17 AM, November 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home