I Lost My Husband At Wal*Mart

Monday, November 05, 2007

I am not a religious person. I fully believe that when I die, My body will rot in a little box and eventually turn to dust. While residing on this side of the dirt, I believe in myself, My friends and my family ~ and thats it.. While I can accept, and even some days envy, that other people believe in a higher being, I do not.

My Husband on the other hand does believe that there is something better waiting out there. He has waited for a long time to get to that place and today, at 6:23 PM he finally got there.

I have known that this day was coming for the past three years. He has talked about it (and talked and talked and talked) and I have suffered through listening to him talk about it. I shared my computer so he could satisfy his curiosity about this wondrous being with the help of Google and Yahoo.

Of all the places for it to happen, the last place I expected to lose him at was Wal*Mart. I love Wal*mart with their low prices and freaky shoppers. I now I feel somewhat betrayed By the way they aided in his loss - not enough, though, that this will stop me from continuing my love affair with their crowded isles and dirty bathrooms.

Some people say they are Football widows and Hockey widows - I have even heard the term Golf Widows, But at least those are seasonal events.

Today, at 6:23 PM, I lost my husband to his brand new PlayStation Three.

I already miss him

Labels: , , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

LMAO.. that is too funny. I wish I could lose mine though:)

10:06 PM, November 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering. Which WalMart is it that you go to? My WalMart doesn't have dirty bathrooms.

(See like a typical wife who's been married for like, way too long... I'm totally not concerned about a lost husband, just concerned about those dirty bathrooms. I hate dirty bathrooms.)

Being there are three that you and I could be hitting up.. is it the West end one, the north end one or the south end one that deserves my wrath for having dirty bathrooms?

I'm going there tomorrow and just want to know which not to go to.

10:11 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Mindy Just get him a game system, but within the week you will regret it
Fracas Directions confuse me big time. Its the Attridge one. I let the baby stand on the seat and aim, but I refused to go. I was actually shocked becuase that one is usually clean :o(

10:13 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

Should we send flowers? Or just chocolate? ;)

10:15 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

So......more free time for you???


OR


My sincere condolences. So sorry. ;-(

LOL

10:44 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sheila oh god. please, no more chocolate! I haven't received flowers since the birth of my second child. So flowers would be cool!

Tug condolences please. He is unapproachable when he is on his games. It sucks

11:09 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

YOU CAN HAVE MINE! I'll send him right up, k?

11:13 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Mel said...

I feel your pain....

4:46 AM, November 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh heh heh! My hubs lost me to the computer ages ago!

6:44 AM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Karen said...

Hahaha! Yeh, that Play Station is a 24/7 addiction.

7:22 AM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

The Wii's better.

:P

8:33 AM, November 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO he'll come back to you I'm sure... It won't last...

9:17 AM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

KG With my luck they will both get sucked into the world og RPG!

Mel We should start a gamer widows club

Metal Mom Shhh. He isn't supposed to know I am addicted to the computer!

Karen you need to join me and mel in out club

Avitable He hadn't even opened the box when he started talking about getting the wii. Sigh.

Dutch Bitch One can only hope...

9:20 AM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Let us pray...

10:49 AM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Robin said...

He's already lost me to the computer and television. If we got video games I'm afraid we'd forget to talk to each other all together.

4:34 PM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Didn't you get a new vibrator thingy?

4:58 PM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger annie said...

He's wrong; he has not reached Nirvana, he has sold his soul to the Devil.
An exorcism is in order.

5:56 PM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

Ooh ooh, an exorcism - I wanna watch!!

6:29 PM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Lucky....

8:11 PM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

LOl... that is great.

Our Wal-mart (is now a super) has icky bathrooms too. And it's only 2 years old. YUCKY!

8:19 PM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

LOL! Too funny! Hopefully his new toy will lose it's wonder soon and you will regain that which you have lost!

11:18 AM, November 07, 2007  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

You have my condolences!

7:43 PM, November 07, 2007  
Blogger Trisha (Ashlyn's Adoring Mommy) said...

LOL. Wish my old one would get lost. Anywhere. Any time. Just please...make him go!!!

8:38 PM, November 07, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

Damn Wal*Mart! See how bad they are for sucking us in?

8:15 AM, November 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home