What passes For Entertainment in a Small Town

Monday, October 01, 2007

This would be an esteemed member of our town's RCMP detachment. He is multi-tasking. All Canadians are excellent Multi-taskers.

Playing hockey with the neighborhood kids shows them that Police Officers are not someone to be scared of, but someone to look up to. He is also waiting for the Tow Truck to remove two hunks of metal.

What Hunks of metal? Oh see, I was fooling around on the net (As Usual)(It's what I do) when I heard a VERY loud Bang. Knowing the sound was that of a vehicle hitting something, and that my Seven year old was on the street roller blading, I hopped up fast enough to tip over my chair. I will admit to being worried he was the something.

Lucky for me, but unlucky for the nice older man in the greeny blue truck, it was the annoying teenager with loud music and a louder exhaust who loves to cruise up and down the streets squealing his little sports car tires and ignoring all stop signs.

Said annoying teenager, who's axle is busted, is gonna look pretty silly when his momma drives him to school in the morning.

Both drivers are OK, in fact the Older man in the greeny blue truck walked home (Did I mention small town?) At first, his truck started, and ran long enough to get it more to the side of the road, but when it started smoking, he wisely decided to let it sit in waiting for the Tow Truck.

The annoying teenager who, while speeding, blew the stop sign? He got to ride in the very comfortable backseat of the police cruiser.

And so, another exciting evening passed on our street. Ever single one of us, from the first bang to the last vehicle towed, stood around outside and gossiped.

Dontcha wish your life was a lot like mine? Dontcha? Dontcha?

*all pictures courtesy of a very wide eyed seven year old who's last words as I tucked him in were "I hope the police man can come back and play hockey tomorrow"

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Your kid took the pictures? I'm impressed!

10:55 PM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

_F_I_R_S_T_

motha effa!

10:55 PM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

sheila, he took this one, one handed!

Kids got skills I tell ya!

Pee ess: The third picture. Read the captions, you should be able to figure it out, You 're SMRT like that!

11:21 PM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

uhm fourth. fuck you! I can too count. I just choose not to some days!

11:22 PM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

dude.
my link don't work :(
try it now

11:26 PM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Are there any houses for sale on your street?

3:53 AM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Sue said...

My kids love to play hockey, and today, I'm reading your blog right before my teenager goes to get his drivers test, and I must say, it was a little scary somehow.

I liked your stuff, I'll check back some time!

4:22 AM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Bob said...

I want to live there too!

5:42 AM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

Such an exciting life!

For some reason, no part of your blog works - your header is gone, your sidebar is missing. I'm not sure why my browser hates me.

5:53 AM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

That was cool of the police officer. Why does he have a baseball glove on his hand? Oh. Probably to catch the puck, I'd guess.

psst...I'm back!

6:43 AM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Trisha (Ashlyn's Adoring Mommy) said...

Nice job. Kudos to the kid. I'd say he's going to give Sheila a run for his money. Ha Ha!

Your blog still works perfectly fine for me!!

12:28 PM, October 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HOPE the mommy will insist on a goodbye kiss outside of the car when she drops him off at school :-)

1:13 PM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Gotta love it when the punk gets to have a comfy ride in the back seat of the police cruiser.

What a cool officer - so can I be your neighbor?

7:51 PM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

Excellent. That's more of what we really need in life: The cops playing with kids. That's the way it should be.

I wanna house on your street too -- wouldn't that be cool? Me, you, Fab. The police would be there all the time!

8:37 AM, October 03, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Wow... we get to watch when there's a drug bust, but we tend to do so from behind the blinds in the hopes that the neighbors won't notice we are watching... I like your town better. No way am I letting the ten-year-old rollerblade on the street here.

8:41 AM, October 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home