And Then My Brain Fell From My Ear and Rolled Out the Door

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

....Supper was finally over. I sat on my new exercise ball at the door to the bathroom supervising the washing up of three ketchup smeared faces. I didn't even have the energy to yell at them that the cup was for drinking from and not for the throwing of water.

Their chatter, their chitter. Non-stop* since eight this morning when Blue Boy woke me up with "Braghhakshfa9i2wrfhakd. Mommy I frew up on your floor. I gots to frow up again." And again and again. And then? Fine. WTF is with that? The forty five minute flu?

I turned to JitteryJoe and said "Right now, at this time in my life I would pay 500 bux for five minutes of silence."

As he tries desperately to kick the ball out from under me, Rainbow Man joins the conversation. "I didn't know we had five hundred dollars. who would we pay?"

"We don't have it, I was planning on selling you to get the money"

Oh well then you wont need the money 'cus I am the one who cant stop taking ever and I would be gone and then..will you go to Disney world with the money instead? We can sell Blue Boy. Or Tigger. and blah blah blah....... I stopped listening after a few seconds. . .

. . . And entered into a wonderful daydream of decadent proportions. Oh No! That Hot dude over there just dropped his towel! Oh look! His twin... Are those strawberries he has? Oh yummy dipping chocolate!Is that a paint brush? Well what do you know, they are headed my way...

And then of course, RM managed a successful kick against the ball and it went flying down the hall. You wanna kiss my bum all better? Didn't think so. Why Don't I get a pirate bandaid for MY booBoo's?

It seems my mother in law has spoilt me. I enjoyed getting out now and then with JJ, but I hadn't realised that my very sanity was dependant on it.

They get home in eighteen days. If I take away the hours the kids sleep at night (12), that's only nine days from now.

* I can't stress enough how many words two two year olds a seven and a four year old can use in one day. By three thirty I turned the volume up as loud as it would go on my laptop and pretended I could not STILL hear them talking/yelling/squealing in the background. How can they possibly talk this much and NOT lose their voices? Send me ear plugs. Please.

***********
I forgot to post the DDR results all weekend and last night, but I didn't forget to actually do the DDR, so this is for Saturday,Sunday and Monday.
DDR:
Total Calories Burned Today: 592.971
Total Accumulative Calories Burned: 2884.595
Total Accumulative Miles Jogged: 37.399
***************

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

I will, Blue. My story will be up sometime this week. He will be gone 7 years on the 15th of this month.

I have the perrrrfect idea for you. I owe you some things!

11:26 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

One day they will be all grown up and gone...the house will be quiet...( Im not sure you will still want to get on that exercise ball) lol. Enjoy them Blue....just get a good pair of earplugs for days like this! ;))

3:02 AM, February 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Computers are wonderful. I got me head stuck in one once.

7:12 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Ashley said...

All Moms need a break sometimes!

7:28 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Braghhakshfa9i2wrfhakd? Wouldn't it just have been easier to type ralph?

8:07 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

Everyone needs a few child-free hours (days?). Little people require a lot of energy.

8:48 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

I remember those days... just breathe, & continue the countdown!

8:49 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Shelli You are damn right you owe me something. One large smile. And maybe a belle video

Catch Some days I dread that, Somedays I want it NOW

Mr.Fab Its ok, I have delt with feces smeared faces before.

Annon Who are you? Will you be My friend? I like making new friends. Are you going to kiss my bum?

Ashley maybe they will come home early?...

Blogarita nope, mashing the keyboard is always easier, plus its loads more fun. Sometimes you get satanic messages when yo mash the keyboard.

case in point:
aqfh;ldfn;oihsfkSFDDIEALFJOL
EFWRKNSXC, ?NljaPO

Finn Want to come babysit for me?

Tug Think its too late for me to start on the road to alchoholism?

12:03 PM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Peace and quite...hhmmmmmm...something tells me if the house were quite you would go crazy. ;-)

1:30 PM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Katherine said...

God Bless You, woman. Take thee self off to thy store for a case of scotch. Or whatever self-medication you need!

2:55 PM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Ole Blue Actually, last night after the kids went to bed and jittery went to the airport to get his sister, I turned off the tv and just relished the quiet. Heaven.

Kathrine Chocolate :o) thats my medicine,and also why im on this stupid diet. Sigh

4:45 PM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I read your story ... very sad - and of course I teared up over it... QUIT - you can do it!!

I understand the noise level of three little guys and all the energy in the world...makes you wish it was 75 degrees out and you could just send them outside to run.

7:00 PM, February 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen the affects of chemo, but have never dealt with loosing a close loved one...
I'm glad you are taking the measures to help prevent you wonderful beautiful little boys from going through the same thing you went through.

This month has got to be tough one for you but you'll get through it I know... just remember this...
How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time...

XOXO

1:15 PM, February 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home