All My Children

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I have three boys, aged twentyfourseven 2, 4 and 7. I'm a mom from son up 'till son down.

I always remember me wanting children. A boy and a girl. Bows and dirty knees, base balls and barbies. One with blond hair, one with dark.

Then I grew up, got pregnant, got married and had a baby. Score! A boy, so far so good. By the time Rainbow Man was one, I decided I needed a new baby. But my sister needed a new kidney more and since I was a match, my baby plans were put on hold. I never did give her the kidney, because she got a call on July that there was a matching cadaver organ available so off she went. And off my birth control I went!

Not even two weeks passed and I was pregnant. My sweet baby girl nestled under my heart. I'm going to name her Rebecca. Bows, Mary Jane shoes, wee ruffled dresses. Life was good. Life was great. Life sucked, we saw a penis on the ultrasound. I was crushed,(even though I refused to admit it to anyone,) for almost an entire day. I cried and I swore, and then I saw a tiny pair of overalls too small for Rainbow Man, but just the right size for the baby boy cooking in the pot.

And I was never sad again that he was a he and not a she.

By the time Blue Boy was eighteen months old, I.Was.Done. DONE! Blue Boy was not an easy baby, but there is not enough space on the Internet to tell that story. I started working on JitteryJoe. I wanted my tubes tied. I had two sweet boys, one for each of us. We should stop. It took a while to convince him, and he says he was just humoring me, but finally I went to my doctor to discuss my tubal.

Did you know they make you do a pregnancy test before you get your tubes tied? They do. I was.

Fast forward nine months. Stuperman is about thirty seconds old. I'm yelling from the bed, "Don't forget I want my tubes tied!" Did the doctors EVER try to talk me out of it! Wow. Finally I explained to them that I made up my mind to get this done a year ago. They looked at the baby. They looked at me. And by the time Stuperman was four hours old, I was in the operating room.

Some tubal's can be reversed. Mine cannot. Originally the doctor was just going to use clips, because he was sure I was retarded and would want this reversed at some point. But when they opened me up they realised that my right Fallopian tube had a large mass growing inside it. they took out the entire tube. The left they took out all but a centimetre at the top and bottom.

So no. No more kids.

And It doesn't make me sad.

***********
DDR:
Total Calories Burned Today: 211.621
Total Accumulative Calories Burned: 1450.167
Total Accumulative Miles Jogged: 18.809
***************

Labels:

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my girl is having one of her "days" I'll totally send her your way, you can try bows and pretty things, then you'll realize that boys are just a little bit easier. I wouldn't trade her for the world, but I sure as the sunrise that we are going to go head to head when she's a teenager. After all she is her mother's daughter, smile, temper and all.
RoxDar

10:14 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

RoxDar DEWD! long time no typie typie. Im gonna call you in the morning instead of doing my dishes LOL

10:53 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Sunflower said...

You might be a happy busy mom:-)

Here is one minute for you and me!
Welcome to my Sunflower blog too!

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

11:37 PM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

Blue you are such a great person. Not everyone would give up their kidney..I hope your sister realizes how lucky she is to have you for a sister. Girls are precious....I have 1..and I have 2 boys and I have to tell you that boys have a special bond with their Mothers. Its much different than the Mother/Daughter relationship....its just a closeness that you feel with them. Where your darling daughter will roll her eyes at her Mother....the boys do not. ( at least I havent caught them yet!) lol. You will see when they grow up.

1:47 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger me said...

My husband and I had a similar "discussion" before I got my tubes tied. He didn't understand that I LOVED being a mom since the ripe old age of 19, but I may want to do something else at some point.

And the whole boy thing? as a mom of 3 of them also, when I was pg for the youngest, I didn't want to know the sex. If they would have told me it was another boy I would have been crushed, and then guilty for feeling crushed. By the time he was born, I just wnated to not be preggers.

4:25 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Blogarita said...

I have a daughter and a granddaughter. I can't even imagine what it would be like to raise a little boy. Good thing I never wanted one...LOL!

7:57 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sunflower *gasp* Pant*Wheeze* thank you for my minute!

Catch I will have daughters eventually. When my sons pick wives. Im content to wait untill then. But I want a puppy

Mr.Fab can I offer you my liver instead?

Me I felt bad for being sad he was a he, but that didnt last long. Now im just glad its all boys!

7:58 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

You had three kids and they thought you were nuts for wanting to be fixed? Men.

In my house, it was the man who got fixed. Voluntarily I might add. Safer procedure. One was plenty for us.

8:43 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Tug said...

We try the ruffly-pretty stuff on my granddaughter, but she's more of a boy than her brother! I always said I wanted a tomboy...I don't do ruffles. ;-)

8:51 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, had my tubes tied when I was 27 and now I wish that I had not. I wanted to have a child with my husband that I have now and it's not a possibility. Now I'm in the stages of early menopause and there is a grand child on the way. Everybody says they are more fun anyway....


By the way...you won the mug that I was giving away today on my blog. Please go out to http://www.cafepress.com/sasafras/2450191 and let me know which mug you would like and provide your shipping information. Congratulations!!

10:18 AM, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you wanted to name your little girl Rebecca, that's such a nice name, LOL.

Girls aren't all they are cut out to be, infact I would trade mine for a boy anyday, jj. She is just too moody, and stubborn, and I just don't feel as close to her as I remember I was with SBW. Although it could just be the second child thing. LOL

10:30 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Blogarita Lol, if you want to try it out, we can do an exchange of sparky and blue boy for a few days. be warned. Blue boy will take your bathroom sink apart and put it back together. Without you noticing.

Finn I think they were more concerned that I wanted it done at 24 years old. Hello. three kids in four years? I think it was needed!

Tug Dont worry im not afraid to dress my kids in ruffles and ...bikinis..when the urge striks!!
LMAO

DeeJay Yay I love winning things. and I love coffee. so winning a coffee mug? Heaven (HEH) in a cup LMAO

CoffeeMom Yea well at least I know someone who followed thru and named their kid rebeka. And she is such a cutie too!

as for girls and moody? Just wait for the PMS years!

11:14 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

wow, I guess you're lucky they got into your tube then, huh? why would they try to convince you to not get it done? I don't like when doctors try to make our decisions for us like that.

2:09 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Friglet said...

When my husband went in to get a vasectomy they wouldn't do it until our baby was 6 months old. I said, "You did tell them it was our fourth baby, right?"

I'm with you, I've never regretted not being able to have any more kids. Four is more than enough.

FYI, I have two of each and boys are so much easier than girls!

2:34 PM, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant say that i wish i had had a boy because i love having a little girl...although there are those days...lol...knwoing that you can use pretty little bow and ribbons and ruffles, it isnt always easy putting them on tubby...i think we may have tomboy...but you'll be happy to knwo that daddy does paint her toenails and pink at that..lol

4:50 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

If you would like I'll send you Tink - then we can compared notes. I think boys are easier - but it's probably just the fact that Pan is an easy going kid. Tink? Tink is twenty handfuls.

5:45 PM, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted a boy, and got SlowMo. Love her anyway. I wanted a boy and got theBeast. Love her anyway. I think I will be happy if this one is a girl, but I might cry at first, then feel guilty when she's here. LOL. I really feel like it's a boy...maybe if I say it enough times, it will be?

6:32 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

WebMiz I think it was due to my age. But I Won. I Always Win.

Friglet lol hubby got his vasectomy done when baby was 4 months old.

Sponge Bob I cant see your baby daddy painting toe nails LOL


Fantastagirl I think it would be interesting to pit the two of them against each other. "Cage match of naughtyness 2007"

Flip Flop Trust me, despite what gender you want, by the time the baby is born all you want is a healthy kid!

9:13 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

Was the mass benign? I assume so, but you never said.

9:42 PM, February 09, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Shelli Oh yes, sorry it was one of the "good" masses lol

my bad

9:52 PM, February 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home