Sigh

Monday, January 08, 2007

Im just drained right now. Utterly exhausted.

In December I asked Lynda to add my mothers' name to her blog in memory of her sister Laurianne, who died of lung cancer. Lynda then asked if I would be willing to share my story. I wrote it out tonight, and have asked it to be posted on the tenth anniversary of my mothers' death, February 13th.

One would think that ten years would have dulled the pain, turns out it doesn't, but I am very good at pushing things to the back of my heart and ignoring them. It was harder then I ever imagined to write that story out. But it was harder to live through it. I hope that you will stop by Lauriannes-Hope. Lets put an end to cancer people.
_________________________________

Also it's national delurker week. Not sure if they mean Just the states or all the nations out there, but leave me a comment just the same!
Just to be annoying, this graphic will be in all my "normal"posts...A gentle reminder that I will find you and cut off your balls if you don't comment..Or something like that

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...it's been awhile since I've been around, and I just wanted to pass by and say Happy New Year. Hope things are well with you.

11:52 PM, January 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I found you through Laurianne's Hope and have been lurking for a few days...(or more :O) )

My mom also passed away from lung cancer 4 years ago and 8 weeks ago my step-father passed away from a heart-attack.

Grief can be immensely hard and sometimes we need to push it down and ignore it. Other times when it hits, we just need to roll with it. That's at least been my experience so far.

I'm sorry for your loss and would like to read your story on your mom's 10th anniversary.

hugs

12:34 AM, January 09, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

Im sorry about your Mom, Blue.. I think it gets easier to deal with as time goes by, but when we talk about them or write about them...it always brings back memories and tears. I know I have done a couple post on my Dad and I was crying before I finished them. But I enjoyed writing about him and the tears are kind of a relief. I think its good to have a cry about them every so often. Its kinda cleansing.I want to read your tribute..please remind me when it is posted ok?

12:41 AM, January 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(lurk)

(Living with a step-father in the final stages. Found my way here from the fabulous Mr Fabulous)

3:07 AM, January 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(lurking paused)

(Living with a step-father in the final stages. Found my way here from the fabulous Mr Fabulous)

(resumes lurking)

(funny - that anonymous was my crazy clicking, would kinda defeat the purpose of delurking, right?)

3:10 AM, January 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just making this pointless comment in order to save my balls. Not that I really need them anymore.

7:28 AM, January 09, 2007  
Blogger Jerri Ann said...

Yes, time does heal but for me, it takes a long time...a real long time. Good for you for writing about your mom!

8:38 AM, January 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just leaving a quick note...you're going to let us know when your story about your mom is posted right?
Anyways go to go, just gonna go check out Laurianne's Hope

9:11 AM, January 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to reading that story. The pain never goes away. I know that I did not lose my mother but she was a very special aunty. When I look at you I see her sometimes. Anyways I wanted you to know that I have been thinking about the anniversary and wondering how you guys are doing. My thoughts are with you.

9:31 AM, January 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have it all ready for the 13th! You wrote very well, and I can feel the tears every time I have read it. But I am not giving anything away. People have to come by!

Thanks for sharing the site! I am trying to get readership up. Lung cancer isn't a fun topic, so I think most people try to avoid it.

And I just realized I was on the Laurianne's Hope account again, instead of my own. LOL.

3:48 PM, January 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home