Sunday Six : Pumpkins

Sunday, October 15, 2006


Sunday six, Brought to you by the wonderful
Kelly.

Well, we're getting close to Halloween, so let's talk Pumpkins! Played by Rainbow man(6.12) and Blue Boy(4.7) for obvious reasons I did not attempt to ask Stuperman. He's a big grouch anyway, and who really wants more pictures of him crying?



1. What is a pumpkin?
Rainbow Man : It's a giant orange thing you can eat and it grows in the ground. It's seed is called a pumpkin seed.

Blue Boy : For putting halloween candy in

2. What do you do with a pumpkin for Halloween?
Rainbow Man : We cut faces out from them and then we put a light in it.

Blue Boy : We hold it and ring the doorbell and they give us candy.

3. Is there anything else you can do with a pumpkin?
Rainbow Man : Yes. You can put a light in it.

Blue Boy : We can go to another house and ring the next doorbell.

4. Where do pumpkins come from?
Rainbow Man : The ground

Blue Boy : From the pumpkin store.

5. What color is a pumpkin?
Rainbow Man : It's orange.

Blue Boy : It's green and then it turns yellow, I mean orange.

6. What shape is a pumpkin?
Rainbow Man : Round

Blue Boy : (draws a circle in the air with his finger)

By this point it should be pretty obvious that I love Halloween. Not just the costumes but the candy. I wish I could find a photo of the first "real" carving I did for halloween. It said "Baby's first pumpkin". Looked just like this one. Rainbow Man had turned one three days before. Candy is my favorite food group, and because I hate exercise, it is really really is starting to show. But I could care less. Especially those wee little bite size chocolate bars. Or Glossets. OMG gumballs and suckers!Life is freaking good round halloween. Plus the kids go to bed at eight and I steal all the good candy. How much longer do you think I can get away with it before they notice and cause a stink?

Also the smells of halloween, the raw pumpkin as you carve. The spices. The pie.... just the general excitemnet leading up to it. It seems so much more oure then the material excitement that leads to Christmas. The kids are more concerend with the costumes then the candy. I just love it. Plus My wee little rainbow Man was circumsised at three days old ~ on Halloween. That's just funny. Brings a new meaning to the words "Trick Or Treat"


13 Comments:

Blogger L said...

I love Halloween, you can get away for years I am still doing it and my son is going on 9.
Luv all the answers from the boys and the pumpkin pics are great.

2:47 PM, October 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are these pumps photoshoped or did you actually carve them yourself?

I for one would have loved Stuperman's input on the whole issue. I for one appreciate his cander and honesty.

I love reading the ramblings of a suger junkie. I love to close my eyes and imagine you twitching and shaking as you type.

3:23 PM, October 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are these pumps photoshoped or did you actually carve them yourself?

I for one would have loved Stuperman's input on the whole issue. I appreciate his cander and honesty.

I love reading the ramblings of a suger junkie. I can close my eyes and imagine you twitching and shaking as you type.

3:24 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Mr.Fab As I understand it, its gonna hurt. when babies get snipped there is a band that hols the cut skin back while it heals. they do not make adult sized bands. you will have to roll back the cut foreskin yourself till it heads... so yea... good luck with that!

Lori Sweet! I had a blast finding the pictures

D.BThey are real pumpkins go to Pumkin Masters.com we buy the patterns in the grocery stores here and make them tho. not these particular ones, but like it. If you clicked on the link to babys first pumpkin i made that pattern. Hubby goes for more "scary" faces

Stuperman wasnt asked cus I beleive someone pisswed inhis froot loops this morning and he was a bear ALL morning. naptimes Save lives people!

I am NOT a sugar junkie. Id just die without it!


3:35 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

I sure love this whole wireless blogging stuff. I think I will actually be able to respond to comments on the *gasp* same day you make the comment!

3:37 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

That is awesome! Great answers and I love the pictures...Tink did to!

4:08 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Fantasta girl Im sooo happy ai read tink and pan that first time, and started doing SS with the boys here. I love all teh answers from all the kids
glad tink enjoyed the photos

7:36 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger KC said...

my kids are in bed right now but i'll have to bring them back to see the pics. Great Sunday six, We played also.

8:40 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger Catch said...

you are quite talented to be able to carve one of those babys first pumpkins! I love one of the boys answers that pumpkins come from the pumpkin store...lol...I always thought thats where they came from too! lol

11:09 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

KC i read your sunday six. It was adorable

Catch you should hop down to pumpkin masters.com they have patterns and you follow the pattern with a toothpick or other sharp thin tool, then remove the pattern and cut along the dotted lines you made. its simple as pie! It definatly takes NO talent.
we have always bought our patterns in stors round here, not online tho. If you have any dollar stores where you are, check them out!

12:12 AM, October 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love blue boy's answers. you can tell that boy LOVES his candy!

9:47 AM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Blue Boy was really candy minded when giving the answers.

11:47 AM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

WebMiz he takes after his momma that way!

12:07 PM, October 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home