The Floor is Done! The Floor is Done!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I know, I know, I have been a horrible blogger the past few days. I haven’t answered a single comment, nor left comments on your blogs. I have been reading all of your posts, I just had no time to comment. Things should be getting back to normal very soon around Chez Bluepaintred. Does that even mean House of Bluepaintred? Or did I just call myself a weird and nasty name without knowing. If so, feel free to giggle and snicker at my expense. I don’t mind I’ll just kill you all in your sleep

The floor is finally done. Almost. Sorta. We had to remove the baseboards and door trim to get the floor in, so we decided we had to paint them before they went back up. Then we realized that we had to fill all the little nail holes and then paint them again anyway. Because we suck. We still have a lot of little spots that need wood filler in them, but I like it. And damn does it look good.

One really funny and unexpected bonus of the new floor is the cats. How hilarious are they as they race around a corner expecting to stop only to slide right into the wall instead This morning Shadow tried to jump off the arm of the couch to the window ledge. Only the couch has been moved. He smacked face first into the window trim. (He is ok, so no angry emails folks). It was great he just sat there, trying to pretend it had never happened. He knew that I knew that he knew I knew it had happened , so in the end he just stalked past me with his nose in the air like I was the one who had missed the jump.

So really neat, I am writing this in the office word thing-a-ma-jig-y-doodad that is on the laptop. If I pre-write my posts, I no longer have an excuse for grammar or spelling errors. This sucker rocks. Plus the keys on the keyboard feel really neat when I type.

I have to get on Hubster’s case to call up our internet provider to see what the cost is to get the ?card? to make the laptop go online. I think it’s funny that this little package of joy has more memory then our big computer downstairs. Tee hee. I cannot wait to blog where ever I want, to read my emails at the kitchen table, or check my blogrolls in my warm and cozy bed. It will be like taking all of you bloggers to bed! Now, doesn’t that sound like fun? FYI, I sleep naked and my butt has a serious case of perma-freeze, at least according to my husband. But what does he know!

I am looking forward to Wednesday, A LOT. It’s been a very long and NOT relaxing Canadian Thanksgiving. But its done, and with very little blood shed. Stuperman lost the most blood when he took a saw to his toe and decided to cut. Why yes, I was in charge of locking the children in a small room with only a T.V. to keep them company watching the children, how kind of you to point that out! I cut my hand with an exacto knife, Carpet tacks, and a truck. Please don’t ask me to go into details it’s still too traumatic.

This morning my MIL was over trying to get another coat of paint onto the baseboards. Everything is going great. I have coffee, the babies are happy, I have coffee. What could go wrong? Then I noticed a spot of paint on the new floor. And then another. And another. They were all over. Of course I immediately jumped all over MIL, telling her she must have paint somewhere on her, making her twist and turn so we could find the paint. Then Stuperman walks by and trailing behind him are wee little foot prints of paint.

Note to self: When painting anything. Do not allow the two year olds to play "Kitty" right beside it, covering themselves the back of the couch and the floor in paint. Stop worrying! The floor is fine. The paint wasn’t all the way dry and I was able to get it off the floor. But not the couch. Or the kids. Or their clothes. But hey, the floor is fine!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great he just sat there, trying to pretend it had never happened. He knew that I knew that he knew I knew it had happened , so in the end he just stalked past me with his nose.

Cats. Gotta love 'em.

5:40 AM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Where is the pictures???

Love the story about the cat!

9:03 PM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Catch said...

why dont we have pictures? I wanna see the floor!

why do you gals blame everything on us MIL's? after all we LET you marry our sons!!!!! LMAOOOOO

10:07 PM, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home