Something Amazing

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Something pretty neat happened today. All by myself I found my way home. RainbowMan Blue Boy and I went for a walk, maybe three blocks to the man made pond with fountain thingy. They liek to throw rocks in it and I like to catch the frogs. We walked almost completely around the pond when I saw the flag pole. SWEET. I knew that if I could find a back alley behind this house was a park the kids had never played in!

We found the park, we had a blast... the sand isnt sand, its crushed tires, and it was awesome to walk in. I burried the boys, then I burried myself. It was great. On the way home I wanted to show Rainbow Man how to get from our house to the park, should he ever want to go with his nana. I planned on taking another 25 minutes to get home the way we had come. But then I looked down a back alley and thought...hmmmmm. So we explored and it seems that if you walk for five minutes you end up basically in our back yard. A direct line from our place to the park, no turns, just walk. And I was the one who found it!

This is only important because I can't find ANYTHING. I am the reason the pharse "directionally challenged" was coined. I suck at directions. It's bad enough that some times I think I should get an arrow tattoo'd on my butt so I know where to take the toilet paper! Honest!

I ment to take a picture of my banana Bread for y'all to drool over, unfortunatly, all thats left are crumbs, and that just doesn't make an interesting photo! But the recipie was a success....

Now, this is just for Mr. Fab. He let it slip that he can't read Chinese... so I assume he can't read Japanese either!! I thought everyone could read it! My bad! Anyways... don't tell him what it says... let him go catch a babelfish or somthing!


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finding the park!!! i would hate for you to have gotten lost and just been circling and circling for days!

9:57 AM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

ahh, crushed tires. kids have so much protection these days. I remember back in my day, the monkey bars were cushioned with nothing but cement....lol

10:16 AM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger L said...

Blue I think you are amazing already, I love going out and exploring by walking my son and I have been doing that the past few days, I bet your boys enjoy too.

3:15 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Just so you know - I do not look silly!

6:29 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Catch said...

I bet your sons enjoy going to the playground with you! Our playground has that rubber stuff too..I love it, so much safer than that damned old hard concrete they used to have!!!!

9:19 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

FlipFlopMmma It's happened before. One time I went to my boyfriends place ( now he my hub). It was a five minute drive. Left my place at seven, got to his at 10, and had him get in his car and show me the way home. That was back when I had a curfew. He picked me up from then on.

WebMiz Hehe I remember back in my days, I just sat and read instead of playing.

Loriwant to go for a walk with us next time?

Mr.Fab If you ahve a 27 year old neck tie, GET RID OF IT, its soooo out of date. be hip, be cool!

Fantasta Girl I was directing that to mr fab, but hay, if you read it, then you did look silly

Catch It was a blast, Im going back tommorrow with them!

11:40 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger L said...

Count my son and I in for the next walk.

Now if only we lived closer.

8:03 AM, August 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home