Spam Provider

Monday, December 10, 2007

We have multiple email addresses. One I use for signing up with things. I get three hundred spam emails in there a week. Its Yahoo.

One is for my blogging, my gmail account. Me and hubs use that for any email we actually want to receive.

One is for family and Hubs to use. It has a built in spam protector that SUCKS ASS. It takes any email it wants, holds it hostage for a week to ten days and then sends us an email telling us which emails it has stolen and put in quarantien.

This morning I got the Hey we stole your mail wanna see it? email.

Lets see. Spam. delete, delete delete, oh! Youtube comments! Deliver. delete. delete Oh! Another YouTube comment, deliver. delete .delete.. this went on for a while. There were emails from friends and family in quarantine, there were comments from bloggers in quarantein and of course, those two YouTube comments.

Both you Tube comments were about this video.



Watch it. Its short and cute.

Here was the first stolen email.


Nov 30, 2007, 06:51 AM
I saw the Christmas video you posted on you tube and was interested in featuring it in a kids Christmas segment on our daytime television show. If you can email me or give me a call that would be great, my email is ******@*********.com and my phone # is 917-***-****. Look forward to hearing from you!
Best,
Stephanie



By itself I would have ignored and deleted it. I mean come on. A daytime TV show wanting a video of My son singing VERY badly? Riiiight.

And here is comment number two. Sent three days later, on December third, but I only got to see it THIS MORNING:

Away In A Manger Video
Dec 03, 2007, 06:42 AM
I sent you guys an email last week about your son's video and I wanted to follow up today with a little more information. I am a producer at the Rachael Ray show and we are putting together this kids Christmas segment and would love to feature your video. If you can give me a call at 917-***-**** or email at ******@*********.com, that would be great!
Best,
Stephanie

OK. Now I am interested. I called my sister and she said yes there really is a show called the Rachael Ray Show and never ever call me this early again! Or Else! So I replied to the email address. A few minutes later I decided to call instead.

While I was in the middle of calling, A reply showed up in my inbox:


The segment actually taped already but we basically were doing a fun kids singing Christmas carols segment for our holiday show. Thanks though for getting back to me!

Best,
Stephanie


LE SIGH. Stupid email provider. Its the tenth. The first email was sent the 30th and the second was sent on the 3rd of December.

Rainbow Man would have loved to see a clip of himself on TV, and it would have made for an awesome blog post ... oh wait....

nevermind.





Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's a pity, that would have been awesome to see him on TV! I love the cat's cameo appearance in the movie - the bells really compliment the singing! :)

Katie @ A Byootaful Life

5:15 PM, December 10, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

HOLY SHIT! That's a huge frickin' show here in the US. That would have totally rocked!

5:23 PM, December 10, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Oh man, that would have been soo cool!

So huge here - I know some of the gals at work record it every day!

6:15 PM, December 10, 2007  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, how horrible! How fun would it have been to see your own video clip on TV? Not to mention have your boy see himself. Drat that technical piece of email eating machinery!

7:00 PM, December 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't get Rachel Ray up there?? She's big here, tv show, commercials, cook books! that would have been super cool!

7:28 PM, December 10, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

Uh, so did you change the youtube's email address?! Geeeeeez.

7:29 PM, December 10, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Katie He still feels pretty proud that they "picked" him, even if he doesn't get to be on TV.

Shelli My sister said we get it here, its just that I don;t watch much TV.

Fantastagirl yea. My son, the Superstar!

Karen Sigh.My email wasn't keeping em abreast of the news, thats all

ROLF

FlipFlopMomma My sister says we do, I just don't watch a lot of TV and very very rarely during the day time

Sheila OMG no! I would never have thought to do that! What would I do without you?

*gone to change email addresses*

7:55 PM, December 10, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

seriously? really?

like, I hope you're kidding...

or, thank god I said something.

8:00 PM, December 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed out big time girl!

That was the cutest video I have seen in a long time.

8:02 PM, December 10, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sheila Seriously. Hubs too was all " Why didn't I think of that" But it's changed now, so thanks!

PP heh. You should check out the five year old (then three) singing the Jaws song

8:07 PM, December 10, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

still getting notification here?

10:43 PM, December 10, 2007  
Blogger Karen said...

Ahahaha! Obviously that's just a word that's gone it's way and should just rest in peace. I'll have to be more selective in the future. Kinda like your email account.

6:28 AM, December 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home