To tell the truth.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

As is my custom, I ran headlong for the bathtub the second those little heathens were put to bed. A great bottle of bubble bath tonight, cherry flavored, must have been a good year for it, becuase it made the most delightfully frothy bubbles.

I laid in the bath, water as hot as I can stand, a billion popping bubbles floating near my chin and a book in my hands. Tres relaxing. After about half an hour I started to sweat, which is disgusting, even in a bath, so I soaped up with one hand - my book was getting really really interesting - and pulled the plug.

As the water filtered down the drain I said to myself, I'll just finish the page and then I will get out. Then it was, just to the end of this chapter until finally I came to the end of the book, realized my water was long gone and that I was freezing.

A horrible grinding, popping sound.. kind of like a long wet fart, sounded when I tried to sit up.

I had not realized that while the water was slowly draining away, a freaky suction cup accident was waiting in the wings.

Now that I have a hickey roughly the size of a saucer on the small of my back, I am wondering if I should tell hubs the truth or try and make up a lurid tale about a long trunked elephant and a rabid pack of leeches.

pee ess: pictures - mainly of Smokey, going up ASAP at the photo blawg

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

You should definitely make up a great story to tell the hubby!!

11:35 PM, October 16, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Why did the leeches have to be rabid?

4:08 AM, October 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leeches???

(screeches!!)

5:51 AM, October 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have him make up something! And post it!

6:15 AM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

I've had that happen with my testicles.

6:37 AM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Tenacious B said...

just tell people it was an accident with a banana, a hedgehog, and an industrial vacuum cleaner. Then leave with a sly smug on your face.

Let them work out the story for themselves.

7:56 AM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I would definitely love to hear a made up story that you could share with the hubby!

8:23 AM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

Funny lady you are! I'm sure you can come up with something good to tell the hubby.

8:47 AM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Robin said...

I cannot listen to anyone speaking of taking baths...I might cry.

9:36 AM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

lmfao! that sounds....interesting!

9:47 AM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

you really don't need the leaches if the elephant was enthusiastic.

10:03 AM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I say go with the story! It is just more fun that way!
:-)

1:35 PM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Camie said...

I would go with the suction. Great story...

5:37 PM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger brahnamin said...

blame aliens. people are always willing to believe aliens if you can hold up an odd physical blemish as proof

6:39 PM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger I Believe said...

Only to you would this happen!

7:14 PM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Karen said...

Bwahahaha!!!

7:32 PM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Karen said...

BTW, thanks for signing up for my giveaway! Here's hoping you win.

7:41 PM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger mixednut said...

'Round here we call hickeys "monkey bites". Maybe King Kong was in the neighborhood?

10:54 PM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Julia said...

Please, please! I want to hear the made up story, I bet it's incredibly funny.
Greets Julia

2:04 AM, October 18, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

I totally know exactly what you are talking about! I know that exact feeling and the exact sound.

8:18 PM, October 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home