Never more appropriate than now *EDIT!

Monday, September 03, 2007

Le Sigh.

Tonight I was supposed to be out on the town with the Husband type dude. The In-laws promised to take the kids so we could catch a movie. I explained (multiple times) that I wasn't going to drive into the city twice and that we had some things to pick up before the stores closed - so they had to take the kids in the early afternoon.

One O'clock comes and goes. Finally they call, but !surprise! they want a nap first.

I guess the concept of stores closing early on a Sunday during a Holiday Weekend is unknown to them.

We said fuck it, dressed the boys and did our shopping. Then ignored the phone. Or would have ignored it, had it rung.

I know I am not explaining this well, but that's OK. As long as you get the general idea that I am pissed the fuck off, It's been explained well enough.

We rented Zodiac instead. It exceeded expectations.

The end.

Pee Ess: Trisha? Flip? have those that freaking babies baby already, you are killing me!

Trish had a baby girl VIA C-section. And *giggle* today is labor day! *snort* Both mom and baby are fine! Go send congratulations their way!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Avitable said...

Next time, I'll babysit. I'm an expert now.

6:00 AM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Sorry that really sucks!

7:06 AM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

Sorry hon. That bites.

7:15 AM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger me said...

zodiac was pretty damn good....but I hear ya on the in laws. Living away from my own family all my kids lives, i only had my mil sporadically to "count on", major let down. so much as, i am now raising the niece she was raising for 15 years. i think i have it backwards.

8:51 AM, September 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time drop the boys off at my house, or at least call and see if I'd beable to watch the kids so you and hubby can go out.

9:40 AM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

That sucks.

Sometimes grandparents don't understand how important date night can be!

10:14 AM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

Umm...I would help also, but...ummm..I don't have my passport yet and they wouldn't let me back into the US.

11:00 AM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

I would leave a comment, but I have no voice. So, you wouldn't be able to hear it.

(See, that made lots of sense, huh?)

11:55 AM, September 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time call me!

2:22 PM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Avitable You're on!

Twisted Cinderella Yes. Yes it does.

Finn Should I bite them?

Me LOL i think you do too!

Coffee Mom I'm not that mean!

Fantasagirl Well its more important than a nap, thats for damn sure!

Not A Granny I wouldn't let you baby sit anyway!

Sheila Did you try the hot iced tea?

Metal Mom I'm sure you would get lost on the way here though..

7:39 PM, September 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Trish had her baby. Mine is apparently very happy where it's at and has no plans of coming out anytime soon. 5 days overdue and counting!

8:22 PM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

wadda mean, I can't b abys i t...I would provide all 6, err, 4..er 3 the proper aprcia..apprec..app

they would learn to love wine...


woo hoo we have a girl!!!

8:39 PM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Sorry about the date night. I hate when they give you a yes that means no... it's easier just to hear the no the first time.

Whoohooo on the baby!

9:52 AM, September 04, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

I would be pissed off, too. Except that is something that my own mother would do and not something my inlaws would do. That's okay, they irritate me in other ways.

11:20 AM, September 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home