You can get Lobster; But not Service.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

We went out to dinner tonight. Not becuase I wasn't in the mood to cook or we had any insatiable cravings, but because I was too lazy to wash the dishes.

Come to think of it, un-washed dishes are the main reason we eat out. Well except for McDonald's. I need no excuse for a Big Mac.

It took them almost fifteen minutes to seat us, and then another ten for our drinks to arrive. We were not offered water, and she forgot to bring it no matter how many times we requested it. I had my coffee, so I was willing to let that go.

The Husband's and my food was brought out first. It took ten minutes for the boys food to come. Half of my dinner went to them as they were starving. Thats ok. My Chicken fingers were burned, My Fries were raw and the dressing I ordered on the side was covering not just the salad, but the fires and chicken as well.

Appetizing.

Rainbow Man spilled his drink and when the server noticed me frantically trying to mop it up with the two napkins she had given our table, she brought me a smelly, dirty rag. Just brought it and handed it to me. It was disgusting. I had to clean up the mess as best I could.

I placed the wet napkins and disgusting cloth on a plate at the edge of the table and went to the washroom to wash my hands and get some paper towel to finish mopping the table.

The plate with the cloth stayed at the table the entire meal. It smelled. Had I mentioned that?

And this was all in the first forty minutes.

It became obvious she wanted us to leave, even though Blue Boy was only one bite into his burger - which she refused to wrap up - when she balanced the bill for the dinner on top of my full cup of coffee.

We got to the counter, still hungry and very upset. This is a small town restaurant, but it's part of a large franchise. Thomas the Cook. I don't know if my American readers will have ever heard of it, But in SK, it's well known. We have gone to this same restaurant many, many times, and had nothing but a good time.

I have been with my husband for 11 years and in all that time, no matter the service, he is polite and kind, and he always leaves a tip, even when I am ready to punch the server for being a dickfucker, he will leave a tip. Today was very different.

At the till, the chick asked how everything was and without hesitation, The Husband said Horrible. He then proceeded to spend five minutes telling her, in explicit detail, why.

"Well, what do you want me to do about it??!" she asked, after giving us a total for over forty dollars. For food we were unable to eat.

We won't be returning.

But on the plus side, Granny Loves me.



It will take some bribes time for me to think on who to pass this along too. Be generous patient.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

That sucks!

10:04 PM, August 29, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

You added the last part after I had already commented. I already got it, so you can take me off the top of your list. ;)

10:08 PM, August 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So who do you want me to call? Aamer or Jim. You can reach Aamer at the Tomas the Cook on Venture Cres and Jim at the one on Idlywyld. Not sure who signs the paychecks at yours, but just call either location and speack to them directly, they'll do something for you. But you have to talk to them directly. Not the little manager person, them. Especially Jim. He's the one with his face in the phonebook.
Oh Ya, last name is Tomas.
RoxDar

10:09 PM, August 29, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

I hate Hate HATE restaurants with horrible service that do NOTHING to attempt to correct it.

I've worked in and managed the food industry. Shit happens. But, thats no excuse to let the customer leave angry / unsatisfied.

Having to pay the whole bill is ridiculous.

You should definitely call the people that RoxDar suggested. Help make sure someone else never has to deal with a similar situation!

10:35 PM, August 29, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Definitely call and complain. Make a fuss. You know how to do that :)

3:27 AM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ooh, I'd totally have complained until I got at least part of the bill comped. No way I would have paid for crappy service. We have two free meals waiting on us at restaurants because of crappy service. And we didn't even get a chance to eat or pay for our meal because of the lack of service (we were on our way to a hockey game both times and our schedule was shorter than normal but still, 40 minutes for fish and chips? BITE ME!)

3:31 AM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

Yup, make the calls, write the letters, there is no excuse for anything like that.

5:03 AM, August 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And then you punched the girl in the face and urged the kids to kick the waitress until she fell down, all the while yelling for the manager to come out of the office and get his too for hiring two ignorant twats. RIGHT?

5:52 AM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

And why didn't you talk to the manager and get him to discount your bill?

6:29 AM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

Manager! Talk to the manager! You wouldn't have had to pay!

That's for next time. Do what RoxDar said this time. Don't let them get away with that crap!

7:52 AM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Yeah... complain. Tell them you wrote nasty things about them on your blog too...
$40 for one meal is only worth it if they give you what they promise. At the very least that's edible food. We don't eat out much so I expect a good time and good food every time. Ussually I get it.

9:27 AM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

If Jim's last name is Tomas, and the place you went to is Tomas the Cook, that's the guy I would talk to.

And if you have been going there for a while, I would complain high and low. There is no reason for them to treat you that bad.

One time, Dan and I went to a restaurant, and Dan was served a bread roll with MOLD on it. I complained to the district manager about that one, especially since they only replaced the roll and not the chicken. Not that it touched, I just think they should have.

The district manager not only refunded the cost of our meal, he also gave us two free meals.

So complain to someone who isn't a peon. What's the worst that could happen.

9:53 AM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

that sounds absolutely disgusting. I definitely wouldn't ever go back!! the smelly rag part is grossing me out the most!

11:12 AM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I worked for a big restaurant chain and when we had a wait person perform so poorly we would comp the meal. It all gets written off in the office.

Demand some kind of compensation!

Oh and by the way...you really do heart my blog the most...even more than shelli's so give me the tag instead. I deserve it more.

1:42 PM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Trisha (Ashlyn's Adoring Mommy) said...

This is why fast food is better. You never expect them to get it right...and you don't have to tip them for a job done NOT well.

5:35 PM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

She asked, 'what do you want me to do about it?'... I'd love to spend my LD minutes talking to the manager of that store, or the district manager to let them know what they can do about it. Customer Service is getting to be a thing of the past, and that is just wrong.

I'd be writing an onion letter to let them know that they lost a customer - 5 of them and let them know that until they make it right - this post which all of the world can see will remain up.

What I am finding is that they really don't care that they lost 5 customers, but they will care about all the potential customers they are going to lose.

6:26 PM, August 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home