Sweet Sweet Vindication!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Last Wednesday I had two of my upper molars removed. During the first extraction I panicked .. freaked out casually mentioned to my dentist that it felt like she was going to break my jaw.

She reassured me very much by telling me she takes out over 700 teeth a year and has yet to break a jaw. Seven hundred? Thats a fucktonne of teeth! Seriously, take away 108 days for weekends, a week at Christmas and another week in the summer? She has to extract almost three teeth a day!

Thursday after the extraction I panicked again went into the office becuase I was worried about the site. See, I had felt something hard with my tongue and when I used various contortionist maneuvers, a flash light and a set of mirrors and a coat hanger, I saw that it was coated in something white.

I was worried It was an infection.

It turned out to be cracker bits from my soup at lunch.

I'm a closet hypochondriac, So sue me!

I was adamant all through the weekend that something was wrong with my mouth, that it wasn't healing right, while at the same time, seriously worried about going back to the dentist only to find out I had mistakenly lodged the batteries to my vibrator in it.

Or Something.

My tune changed by Monday morning when I woke up and my face was on fire. That sucked. I called the office and could hear the disdain the receptionists voice as I begged for an appointment. I got one. At eight thirty that night. Fuuccck.

Here is a very technical drawing I drew all by myself. It will help explain things.



There is a very thin ridge of bone between your teeth. Obviously it does not go as high as your gums, but it is there. She broke it. Not intentionally I am sure. (Although, after all the trouble I have given her in the last week, do you think I should be worried about my appointment on the sixth to have three more teeth removed?)

Now, It's not broken in the sense that I need a cast (LOLZ) or pins or anything really. Its like a fracture, or something. Anyway. I have antibiotics (Guaranteed to cause stomach upset or your money back!!) And the break will heal in time. Lots and lots and lots, of time.

But I was right and she was wrong nana-nana boo-boo. And she damn well better stop telling people she has never broken a Jaw bone, or else!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

You should totally be milking this for all its worth! Demand milkshakes and ice cream and for JJ to yell at the kids for the next week because your jaw is broken!!! Yeah!

10:43 PM, August 27, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Hypochondriac? I thought you were a nymphomaniac...

3:27 AM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

Awww...poor Blue...hope you feel better soon.

There is a surprise for you at my blog! Maybe it will make you feel better!

3:59 AM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Avitable said...

That's so not the same thing as breaking a jaw bone! You'd be eating with a straw as your mouth was wired shut. Hopefully that's not what happens when you have to go back to have the other teeth taken care of.

5:20 AM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Bob said...

That bitch.

7:11 AM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Megan said...

Ouch! Why did she have to have her oops on you?

Heal quickly. xo

8:05 AM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I'm afraid of dentists. Little Shop of Horrors was originally a documentary. I'm sure of it.

8:43 AM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Sheila I would but he goes to work all day. Such a jerk!

Fab Same thing..

Not A Granny AWESOME award! Thank You!

Avitable Its bone in my mouth, its connected to my jaw and If I want to get overly melodramatic, I damn well will!

LMAO

Nobody Well I'm sure she didn't mean too, plus despite this whole bone thing, I still like her better than an other dentist I have been too!

Finn ugg. thats the worst part. She said it will take a long time to heal!

Marilyn OMG too funny! I have been hiding this whole thing from rainbow man. He goes in on the fourth or fifth to have two baby teeth removed and a spacer put in, and he is already nervous!

8:52 AM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

Well, when I fractured my finger, I was told it wasn't a break, it was a fracture. So, going by that, she probably will still tell people she has never broken a jaw.

9:34 AM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

Oh, and I have no idea what the difference is.

9:35 AM, August 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing. I have heard that a fracture hurts more than an actual break. Milk it for all you can, and make sure to take you calcium it'll heal quicker.

9:39 AM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Jerri Ann said...

This happened to me but it was about 3 months after I had the tooth pulled that I started feeling stuff. I thought it was another tooth. Then, more and more of it came on down, just like a tooth. I finally went to the dentist and he was gonna just pull the bone out, no numbing or anything. I couldn't take it, he numbed it and took it out and it was about the mini-micro-mini-mini-micro-mini size of my baby toenail. It was barely even something you could see but it felt huge in my mouth to my tongue. Weird eh?

10:52 AM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Lynda Pfft. She will too, i bet!

Lynda a break is the complete separation between ones, a fracture, there is still connectivity... I think

Coffee Mom pain wise, it;s quite manageable, so thats good

Jerri Oh no, this is big, it's very easy to see, so long as you can contort enough to see the upper jaw. But she said it will heal, so We will wait and see.

1:11 PM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Pumpkin Ceeds said...

I haven't been to the dentist in two years and your story doesn't make it any easier for me to make the leap to get an appointment!

Sorry about your mouth. Ouch!

Do you have an option to go to another dentist where you are?

2:45 PM, August 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Blue! I hope you feel better fast. I hope you're not smoking with those holes in your mouth!!!

4:08 PM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

This is why I don't like dentists...they lie.

7:25 PM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Maybe she did it on purpose 'cuz you were complaining and stuff. LOL

Can you give me her number? I'd like to have mine really broken so I can drink cheeseburgers all whizzed up and lose weight and stuff. That'd be awesome. Great. Thanks!

10:04 PM, August 28, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

Sure get all technical on me. They both still seem broken.

12:03 PM, August 29, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

I don't know how I am missing all these posts, but it is pissing me off.

I am sorry you were in pain and pain and more pain. I hope you feel better soon. If not already.

10:06 PM, August 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home