Back to the Grind

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Well. That was fun.

Obviously you noticed I was gone. Yes, obviously. Don't think for a minute that I don't realize how hard it is for y'all to get through your day without your daily dose of Bluepaintred.

Narcissism at its finest, people!

Side note: Rainbow Man thinks I should start calling myself Purple. He also thinks no one will understand the logic behind that statement. Pfft. He's clever like his daddy, that boy.

So we went camping, in case you couldn't tell from the post below. But it was all very sudden. I think I've mentioned a few times here on BPR that I babysit a little girl. Her mom called me at one on the First, and said she had lined up alternative childcare and we were free to go.

We packed fast, and forgot a few key things, but were on our way by two. YaY!

As I know you are all on the edge of your seats wondering if I managed to solve the disgusting prospect of Bush Coffee dilemma, here is photo evidence that I can rise above all and triumph in the glory that is coffee!

First, we heat the water. Pretty easy, right? Well, we learned really fast that the water at the campground tasted like ass, and promptly drove to the store and bought some nice bottled water.


Shall we try this again?

Do you remembered how a few lines up I mentioned we had forgotten a few key things? Like tea towels - or anything else that closely resembles something we can use to hold onto hot metal things?
It seems that in certain emergency situations - such as a Quest for Coffee - it is permissible to take the only pair of socks that you remembered to pack for your husband - the husband whose feet are always cold, even in 90+ temperatures - and use them like pot holders.

It's even funnier when he puts them back on :o)

And thus, With a little help from a real coffee pot, and a good dose of patience, we are able to brew an acceptable pot of coffee.

Bonus! After filling the pot, there is just enough left to fill the cups.


Coffee.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:20 AM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Heidi said...

I meant to say...

That's a GORGEOUS fire.

1:21 AM, August 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just passing through... thought I'd comment.

It's just as well you remembered the coffee filters or you would have had to use husband's socks for that too.

:)

2:23 AM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Why don't you just have sex with the coffee?

3:41 AM, August 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got to go camping and have your coffee too, you lucky lucky girl.

6:10 AM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

You know, we need to set up a calling chain so if you're dead, there is a system in place to let me know asap. Okay. Thanks.

12:20 PM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Comment Deleted we are accepting towards typos here at BPR!

Curiosity.Killer I love fire, and can make a damn good fire, but the husband made this one.

Angry LOL I would have used paper towel!

Mr.Fab Did I never tell ou about the coffee bean encrusted dildo I got for my fifth wedding anniversary?

Coffee Mom Yeap. Thats me! Lucky

Sheila Ok if I die, hubs will update, and if hubs and I die, my step momma will tell y'all. ok?

2:20 PM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

as long as someone updates... you know we can't go with out an update....

4:19 PM, August 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... I hesitate because I'm a 'guest' here...

But let me get this straight. You made a pot of filtered coffee, that's good, but then you did what...? You put the filter over the cups and poured water through the already spent coffee grindings a second time??? I know the US has a bad rep when it comes to coffee (been there tasted it) but Canada too? What a shame, you were off to such a great start too.

4:31 PM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Fantastagirl heh. I try to update everynight! Im sorry !

Angry uhm. no.

we filled the carafe to the top with coffee and still had hot water left over so we just moved the basket over the cups to finish the "percolating" over them. Instead of dumping the water...

But you really seem to live up to your name. Do you have a blog we can check out or are you just here to nit pick?

4:55 PM, August 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I did hesitate...

I'd love to have you come and visit:
www.angrybuttons.com

I've neglected my blog for 12 months and only just returned, so please excuse the mess, and hopefully in time you'll find that I'm only Angry by name...

:)

5:05 PM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun! Glad you were able to get away and to come home and show us all your fun pictures!

6:59 PM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Sheila said...

I am glad to know there is a preexisting system in place in case crap occurs.

While you were camping (WITHOUT telling me), I was starting to wonder if I was supposed to be sending flowers to a memorial service.

Well, okay, I wouldn't send flowers. But, I'd consider sending a card. ;)

10:07 PM, August 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to go camping....I bet the kids were very excited!
Auntie Map

10:38 PM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Catch said...

I notice the lighter laying next to the coffee cups...lol. A morning cigarette and a cup of coffee, right? lol

10:41 PM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

YAY! You should have asked me, I could have told you that campground water tastes like ass. Well, I would have said something else, but you would have gotten the picture.

11:40 PM, August 06, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Wow... way better than the percolator stuff I make!

Sounds like you had a good time. At least you didn't have to use his underwear.

8:15 AM, August 07, 2007  
Blogger Lynda said...

So instead of ass, your coffee tasted like feet?

1:47 PM, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home