Beds Are For Losers

Saturday, December 16, 2006

It has been a while since I have resorted to pictures for a post, but I am exhausted. I went to bed last night round midnight and slept till noon, plus I had a three hour nap in the afternoon. With Stuperman. It only took him 45 minutes to stop crying. YAY. I think I am tired from stress. Does stress make people tired and bitchy?

Oh and little help here. Is it normal for a SEVEN year old boy to have B.O.? Twice this week, Rainbow Man has hugged me and I have had tears in my eyes from the smell. He has regular showers, and uses soap when he is in there. I know this because half of the time I have to send him back in to rise off the rest of the soap.

We could not do our regular Saturday Grocery shopping, we got ten centimeters of snow. And rain just before the snow so we could have skated on the highways. We hope to go tomorrow, should I get him his own "under-oderant" (he calls it that, not me!)

Oh well, on to a picture post LOL
_______________________________________________

For the past, year, pretty much ever since Stuperman was taken from a toddler bed to a Big Boy bed, we have gone into wake him to find him sleeping in his closet, or under the bed or in his toybox. On average, only 1 out of every 15 times, he is still in his bed.
We tried filling his closet with things, because he used to take his pillow and blanket in and shut the closet door to sleep.

I think its cute, but his room gets pretty cold at night, and he hates jammies, he is always taking them off in the middle of the night.

And his bed is perfectly good too. We have even tried spiderman sheets and things like that to keep him in it.
So what do you think. Should I just be happy he is sleeping at night and ignore where he chooses to do the sleeping, or should we be fighting to get him to sleep IN his bed?

13 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

I say let Stuperman sleep where he wants....he is Stuperman you know!! The only thing I would worry about would be him getting cold. But I guess he would know if hes cold or not. As long as he is sleeping peacefully( and he sure looks like he is!! lol) I say leave him alone. He looks so precious!

10:48 PM, December 16, 2006  
Blogger Tug said...

Yes, stress can make you tired & bitchy. Ask anyone who knows me since I've moved to CO. Seriously.

Maybe keep a blanket by the yellow thing in the pictures - is that his toy box? Or a sleeping bag...I wouldn't worry too much about it - he's not leaving his room - just make sure he's covered before you go to bed. Or maybe, if he's there before you go to bed, put him back in his? Does he stay there then?

11:34 PM, December 16, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Catch I dont see how he doesnt freeze. at home during the day i am in socks and sweatehrs and he runs around barefoot and only in gitch.

Shelli So hopefully i am not going insane, i am just stressed. I will perscribe myself more baths. I wonder if i should join a gym. does that help stress?

We told him he can have Under Oderant when we shop tommorrow, he was horrified tonight when i told him he stank and he needed his shower early. he doesnt want to smell at school LOL.

everytime i cover Stuperman he rips off the blankets before i get to the door and falls back asleep

Tug the yellow thing is a coloset organizer. we put him back to bed everynight when we go to bed and he is out again by morning. le Sigh. Boys

12:07 AM, December 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i was looking through the flyers and since i know how baddly you want a dust buster i thought i would tell you that they are on sale at london drugs for 29.99 anyway talk to you later

kiss

1:02 AM, December 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sparky is just now sleeping in her bed (she's 3). Up until now, she slept on the floor with blankets or maybe a sleeping bag. She sometimes takes off her jammies but she has always managed to cover herself up if she gets cold.

Artsy Girl started using "odors" when she was just a little older than Rainbow Man. I think some kids just stink...LOL!

Your kids will be fine...and that's two less things for you to stress and be bitchy about...LOL!

7:22 AM, December 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl.....never left a post before but I think this one is worth a comment about my little man. Instead of getting regular odor covering products, try one of those natural deoderant rocks, at least he's not absorbing so much aluminum at such a young age. they aren't the best for adults but might help enough for a little guy.

8:21 AM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Let him sleep...and he will let you know if he is cold. My MIL is constantly putting more clothes on my kids - and they keep taking the layers off! Apparently they aren't cold.

Stress and lack of sleep = right to be bitchy. The cure? Time to yourself?

8:53 AM, December 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes stress will make you tired, and of course if your tired you will be bitchy.
Rainbow Man's BO, I might be a little conserned about, it could be an early onset of diabetes maybe just get him checked out.
As with Stuperman, I wouldn't complain as long as he is sleeping...I wish Kittygirl would.
Anyway I've posted last weeks Sunday Six questions and I think I might make up some of my own for this week, we'll see if I have enough time.

Coffee Mom

10:16 AM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said...

This doesn't solve any of your problems at all, but I think you should know that your baby is cuter than anything Brangelina or TomKat could ever produce!!

3:35 PM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger Jerri Ann said...

I say let him sleep where he wants but keep trying with the pj's......work with what you got!

3:41 PM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

As long as he does not walk outside and sleep i see no problem with it, I think it is funny!

4:12 PM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger L said...

Let sleeping babies lie, he is so adorable lying there.

4:46 PM, December 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say you should be glad he's sleeping! My baby sleeps in a t-shirt..no pants, just diaper. She gets soo hot if I put her in pj's. She won't even cover up at night! She just holds her blankie, and if I cover her up, she instantly kicks them off in her sleep!! I think some people are just hotter than others??

I loved the picks of him sleeping! I love little ones in only a diaper! How adorable!

7:29 AM, December 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home