Matthew Carmen Sellitto ~9/11 Tribute~

Monday, September 11, 2006

This post is going up early, I had planned on publishing on Midnight, September 11th, but I have noticed some hits in statcounter looking for it already. Please scroll down for the latest posts. ~ Sunday Six is up
_________________________________________


Matthew Carmen Sellitto
1978-2001



On September 11, 2006, 2,996 volunteer bloggers will join together for a tribute to the victims of 9/11.Each person will pay tribute to a single victim. We will honor them by remembering their lives,and not by remembering their murderers.

I am not American. I do not know anyone who was personally affected by this act of savegery. But I am a human being, And as so I hurt for those who died. Those who have to live on without thier loved ones, and for the babies who have been born since, never having the chance to be held by their daddies.

The morning of September 11th, I was sleeping when the first plane hit. I had found out on August 9th that I was pregnant with Blue Boy. We lived with my Mother In Law at the time. She came downstairs and woke me up by saying "World War Three has started. Someone has attacked America." I assumed she was exagerating as is her want. I hoped she was exagerating. I came to the Tv intime to see the second plane hit. And there I sat rooted for hours watching coverage. Rainbow Man did not get breakfast. I wondered about the baby inside me, and weather we should be bringing a child into a world where this type of disgisting behavior can happen. I cried. I obsessed about the victems. I was horrified to find out about the women who were pregnant and lost their partners in the attack. I was pregnant along side of them. When Blue Boy was born, I looked at my husband and was thankful he was by my side, when so many other people had lost theirs.

The Victim I was assigned to remember is Matthew Carmen Sellitto. He was 23 year old. He had a Mother and a father who loved him. His mother kept a journal to help her greive. On October 11th she wrote : Can you see me? My heart aches like nothing I have ever experienced.
His father remembers his last phone call. Matthews Black Labrador fills his parents' house in Harding Township, N.J., with occasional barks.

Matthew Started his job with Cantor Fitzgerald in February. Their office was on the 105th floor of the First Tower. He was only a few months older then me.

The United In Memory Group is a "..is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to keep alive the memories of the victims of September 11, 2001 through the United in Memory 9/11 Victims Memorial Quilt™.

The have generously allowed me to share Mathews Quilt Block with you.

Please Visit the 2996 Tribute homepage.
Read Our Tributes.
Above all, Remember.


14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Blue, that was lovely. We were both pregnant at the time. I, too, grieved for those fatherless unborn children. And the Mothers that would have to carry on alone.

Love the new look. Miss the blue...

6:24 AM, September 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me above. whoops!

6:24 AM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Thank you for writing this...what a beautiful tribute.

8:46 AM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger MommyOutOfControl said...

Beautiful tribute...such a sad day in American history.
jamie

7:18 AM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Catch said...

wonderful post! I love your new look too...very cute!

8:24 AM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A beautiful tribute, thank you for participating in this project. I am honoring five, please stop by if you get a free moment.

12:07 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You did a wonderful job. Beautiful tribute. Thankyou for sharing how sad of a day it was and not just for America, but the world we share!

I'm visiting from Catch.If you have time my remembrance is of Naomi Leah Solomon is posted.

12:14 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger MIA said...

OUTSTANDING, no more words can be spoken.

5:34 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

A lovely tribute! You did good!
What a sad sad day...And mostly for all those people who lost someone on that terrible terrible day.

If you get a chance, my Tribute to Bill Hunt is posted.

5:55 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

I blieve the loss of life affects us all, regardless of nationality. Thank you for the poignant tribute to a man this world loss to soon.

7:40 PM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The link to the 2,996 Project is here. http://www.madmommajen.com/

5:48 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Biddie said...

Thank you for sharing your tribute. So many innocent lives lost...

6:24 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Babaloo said...

That was a really nice tribute. I tend to forget that others, not just Americans, were affected that day and the five years since. I weep for the young people, like the man you honored, who had their whole lives ahead. Thank you for your tribute.

11:44 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Wonderful Tribute!
Thank you.
These are heartbreaking stories and difficult to read....
I am honored to be a part of this project.
Mine is posted also...

Bless you...

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

4:01 PM, September 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home