HodegePodge O'Crap

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

So, in the past few days, Rainbow Man got 100% on his spelling test, Stupermans' Man Parts exploded, Blue boy bathed in mud, the Cats trashed the bathroom, and I have been frantically reading the 9/11 tributes. Ah.... shall I back up for a moment?



Rainbow Man, now is second grade, has manditory homework every night. This is not homework he fails to complete during school, but work he must do at home to "strengthn the bond between home and school". Monday he is assigned 15 words for the spelling test on Friday. Those must be practiced nightly. He Brings home assinged reading each night, Also a list of question he must orally answer on the story to ensure he is not just reading, but understanding what he reads. Friday night, along with his assigned reading he has math homework to be returned on Monday, where the whole cycle continues.

Some days, the work takes an hour, other days, when I am tired and easily frustrated with the normal mistakes kids make, this can take up to two hours to do. I would NOT be able to homeschool, thought I admire those who do. Last Fridays' spelling test, he got 15/15. Mondays Pre-test he scored 11/15 and on tonights' he got them all right. He quite enjoyed reading to his brothers tonight.



And Stuperman. What a horrible experience. I liked the nurse and intern and even the doctor who saw him, but I never ever want to have to sit and hear nasty words like "hospitalization", "attacking his organs" , Polluting his bloodstream", "death" in association with one of my children Ever. Again.. Ever.

Sunday morning his Poor little Man parts had swelled so much they litterally burst at the seams. There was pus and miles of open skin. He could not walk. I immediatly got dressed and headed for the hospital, and he was seen by a nurse within two minutes of checking in, an intern not even five minutes later, and the doctor very shortly after that. Cultures were taken, and the splits in his penis were pulled back )he did not like this part at all) to make sure it was the soft top layer of skin that had split and not deeper. Imagine stitches...there. It was nasty.

And here, two days later I proudly showed Hubsters parents how wonderful and healed it looked. They had gone to visit one of their kids and just got home tonight. Papa glanced and looked away. Nana was horrified by how bad it looked. WHAT???? this is nothing, they should have seen it Sunday!



For the second day in a row, Blue boy has ignored my explicit orders to Stay. Away. From. The. Hose. Far away. Not to even think the word Hose. Water comes out of hoses and water mixed with dirt makes mud. My bathtub will never ever be the same again.

And the cats? They are hanging from their toenails in the garage right now. Or sleeping on the couch. But they deserve to be hung! A string, hanging from the towel in the bathroom. A freaking string. And now, YAY, I get to sand and mud and try to remember what freaking yellow we used on the walls . They brought down the towel rod, and half of the plaster with it. All. For. A. STRING.

Baaaad Kitty. BAD! No Cat Nip for you. In fact... Isn"t it time for a bath? Y'all kinda look dirty all sitting oh so innocently licking that foot!



I have decided I want to read all of the 9/11 tributes, and this make take some time. Over 3400 bloggers joined. Unfortunatly I have already read some blogs who did not post a tribute, and then in the next minute read bloggers who wrote theirs and ones for the names so casually dropped. All of the tributes have been different, and all of them have pressed it deeper that these were people, not just names or a vauge idea of lives lost. But beyond that, what happened, happened. I am sick of seeing the photos of the towers online and on TV. I am sick of hearing Bush turn what is supposed to be a memorial into a political lobbying for a war. Yea.... an eye for an eye is a reaaaal practical solution. Not that I can offer up a practical solution, but still. We are here and alive, and while we should never forget that this happened, we don't need to obsess about it either.


I am working on a 100 things list for my 500th post, so far I am at 60, and five hundred is coming up fast.

Tommorrow is garbage day so I will cut this now, as I have to remind hubs we still have to clean the snake tank and get the garbage delt with.

Dude! I am totally planning on responding to comments. Serious.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go on the spelling test rainbow man love ya blue boy listen to your mother or i am going to have to beat you with a frozen feather next time i see you and stuperman i am so glad you are better. Blue i will call you when i get up love ya all


aunty kiss

1:19 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Catch said...

haha...your kids are so cute!!! So Blue have you had any time for bon bons and a nap??? lol

9:18 AM, September 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, that cat thing is too funny! i mean, in a way. but that sucks too...yikes! I bet it scared the crap out of the cats when it did come down!

10:29 AM, September 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Darlin', where do I even begin?

I am so glad that your son's private are on the mend. Nothing like an inflamed penis or puking child to get you seen fast in the ER.

You have set yourself quite a task. That is alot of blog reading. I wish you luck.

Crisis here...got to run.

4:21 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Wow - I don't want a second grader -that's too much homework!

8:12 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Kiss it sucks that you have the flu

Mr.fab Its the crushed lemur testicals I eat everymorning, gives you lots of energy!

Catch bon bons yes, naps,no

WebMiz lmao the more timid of the two hid for hours afterwards

Tall momma Hey it might take a while, but i will do it!

Fantasta girl I agree

9:46 PM, September 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um..I did a 9/11 tribute, but I didn't read any. I couldn't, it's just too sad.

Ok, what was wrong with your sons penis that it burst open?? did you say? Some infection? Scary.

You've had your hands full, that's for sure!

10:38 PM, September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home