I'm Sorry Blake

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's almost eight o'clock here at the house. Time for the boys to go to bed... well, now that it's summer they get to stay up later ~ if I'm in a good mood. Today I am not. It isn't their fault. my joints be aching and I want to curl up in a hot bath with a very good book that is being totally unfair in giving the heroine a mortal illness... jerks!

But I don't know If I can go in the bath anytime soon... why? I am getting a scooter for Blake of a real neat site called Freecycle* , actually I am getting the scooter off Freecycle from a friend. Hubs and I have to go into the city and replace the knobs that I had argued were absolutely The Right Ones, cus they are the wrong ones. So we told A we would come in tonight, grab the scooter, jabber a bit, and return the knobs for the Real Right Ones. A said, hey no problem, we are coming into your town tonight for supper with family, we can drop it off at seven. Nice I thought they can finally see the new house, Parker and Blake can see the kids, and we can try and catch up! It was a deal!

And yet here we are at eight, no phone call, no email , no nothing. I don't want to put the boys to bed and five minutes later, A and her kids show up. I don't want to put them in the bath/shower and the same thing happen. I simply don't know what to do. The coffee is was freshly made, I even got some apple cake out of the freezer. But for what? nothing it seems.

When I tell someone I am doing something, I do it, and if I cannot, I let them know! I don't leave them hanging around in a limbo thinking should I this or should I that... Its only right!

A promise is a special thing, its not something to be taken lightly. If I say I will be there, I will.

And the worst? Blake has been sitting downstairs on the couch, holding his helmet since five to seven , patiently waiting to try out his new scooter. By breaking Your promise, you made me break one to MY child. And I don't like that one bit. And when I tell him in a few minutes "sorry honey, but you can't have your scooter tonight ~ in fact you probably won't get it at all now" I'm pretty sure I will see his little heart break right there in front of me.

*The Freecycle Network™ is made up of many individual groups across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. Each local group is moderated by a local volunteer (them's good people). Membership is free.


EDIT: comments have been disabled due to the fact the persion I DID NOT NAME is contacting all who comment and rebutting what happened. I dont care about her arguingher case, I DO care she is giving out my address!


Edit2: oh and as for the time difference, me saying it is eight, and the post saying it isnt yet seven. if anyone knows how to get blogger to change times,please email me.