My Tattoo

Thursday, June 15, 2006


This is it. Its actually two tattoos. The first tat is the chinese writing on the bottom. It is supposed to say "mother" I have no chinese friends, so I don't know for sure. But I looked it up online and took this drawing into the artist, so if it is not mother, then I am to blame.

The next tat I got was the dragon flies. Its a bit more complicated. My husband has three tat on his back, one says "Dragon Master" or something like that .. the other two , one on each side of the upper half of his back are dragons. So, since the boys' daddy has dragons, I wanted something "dragonish" for the boys, I ended up picking dragon flies... I pretend they are baby dragons LOL... Each Dragon Fly is a different color. As well each Dragonfly has the boys birth year and First Initial. Then there are handprints and footprints in the back ground, as well as a scribble, because the day befre I went in, My son colored on my Just re-upholstered couch, The scribble is because the artist thought it was funny. LOL I do too.

So the larger tattoo was done in two sessions. I can't remember how long each was, but during the first one, I had an hour and a half long nap.. just the outlines of the dragon flies and the back ground was done during the first session. Oh year, the top dragon fly was colored in too.

The dragon flys go top to bottom, by age, Parker is the top one, Blake is the middle , and then Logan. I cannot even begin to explain how many times i have had to look down at my leg to figure out what year each were born. I am very bad with numbers and this includes the kids birthdays and my own wedding anniversary. I can remember my best friends birthday ( dec 12)and my inlaws anniversary ( nov 12) nov 12 is also my grandmas birthday. I can remember the month and day , usually of the boys, it is just the year I have issues with. I do admit to sometimes getting the day wrong too, as they are 29, 23, 27...

anyway this is my tat, I loved it when I got it almost two years ago, I love it more now.

oh, and as for size it starts right below my kneecap ( on the side of my calf) and goes to just above my ankle bone...

My dad and his wife--ee--poo also have tattoos. They are neat ones as well, I drew one of them LOL

5 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Very nice, I love the meaning behind it and the colors you picked very nice babe. ;)

4:49 AM, June 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice tat....lol.....lol as in i've already seen it but it is very nice where is the scribble i cant find it?

10:14 AM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger Catch said...

you fell asleep while you were getting your tatt????? I just about cried when I was getting mine....it hurt!!!! Or maybe mine is just in a very delicate place....lol

10:31 AM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Mr. Fab: thanks, I like it because its an original, it will not be repeated on anyone : o ) that was one of the things I demanded, I didn't want something someone else already has or will get!

Lori: the artist had more to do with picking the colors then I did, but i love it just the same

Sponge bob: its right below parkers dragon fly


Catch: oooh dont leave me hanging! where did you get yours? I find tats relaxing, the vibration of the gun just lulls me to sleep

11:57 AM, June 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 3 tats. shoulder, thigh and lower back. I have my kids name next to a unicorn on the thigh, the shoulder is one that fit together with my ex-hubby's hand. Mistake, but he died now, so he's not walking around matching me anymore, but my now hubby hates it! and the lower back is aramaic writing that says "Jesus Christ Almighty." I want to get another one with my baby's name, but I'm not sure where to get it, or how I want it to look. I think it's really cool when girls have tats on their upper arm like a dude, but my hubby thinks it looks trashy. and since I'm a pastor's wife, I try to hide them.

5:02 PM, June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home